Team on vacation

Buffalonill

1 hour ago, Believer said:
18 hours ago, Marvin said:

PA is correct.    They could, in theory, still work on their games.

That would require Team Pride and Team First Leadership… Hate to say it… No evidence with our bunch yet…

To be fair, no evidence some players aren’t working on their game together… 

Actually, maybe they can't, not as a team.  What does the contract say exactly?

20 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Yeah i'm gonna be that Old  person that yells at a cloud..

But I can't be the only one that is annoyed with this team Going to cabo for the "break" When they did absolutely nothing to deserve a vacation. 

I mean holy s*** Don't they get enough vacation time when they aren't  in the playoffs .

You would think maybe they would come together and be like you know what guys let's Practice everyday instead of taking the vacation so we're ready .

Never mind it's probably all the alcohol that's flowing through my veins

Not the way it works. They literally cannot via the NHLPA agreement with the NHL via collective bargaining.

50 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Actually, maybe they can't, not as a team.  What does the contract say exactly?

Not officially.  They could agree to meet at the rink and practice face-offs, defencive positioning, and so on without the coaches and not at Sabres' facilities.  That probably would be frowned upon by the NHLPA, though.

12 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Not officially.  They could agree to meet at the rink and practice face-offs, defencive positioning, and so on without the coaches and not at Sabres' facilities.  That probably would be frowned upon by the NHLPA, though.

Yeah, they certainly wouldn't want it to look like it was mandatory, even if through peer pressure.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Marvin said:

This is an all-star break. Players scatter and go off and do their own thing. Some players like to stay home with their families, some of the younger guys go off to warmer climates for a short vacation, some of Dahlin's buddies will be in Toronto to support him. It's as much a mental break as it is a physical break from the grinding sport. The same scenario happens in basketball, baseball and during the season the bye week in the NHL. 

There's no question that the staff makes a point to tell the players to keep up with some physical activity and responsible eating habits in order to maintain their conditioning. But they don't need to be hectored about it because they are already aware of the consequences of acting irresponsibly during this short interlude. 

The break is not a reward or punishment for how they have played. This break is part of hockey as it is part of every sport. I see this break as a good thing. It allows the players to refresh mentally and heal physically. 

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The break is not a reward or punishment for how they have played. This break is part of hockey as it is part of every sport. I see this break as a good thing. It allows the players to refresh mentally and heal physically. 

They could use refreshed TNT, Tuch and Mule. Their health has been so-so all season.

• Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Night Train said:

Since this organizational rest started this past summer, is this still technically a vacation or more of a Leave of Absence ? 

I lol-ed. But that's just it. I've described the team's PR and fan engagement under TP as ham-handed. This vaca is the hammiest thing since Paul. It invites so many jokes. It's offensive to many fans. Okposo should have known. Honestly ... None of them care about us.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I lol-ed. But that's just it. I've described the team's PR and fan engagement under TP as ham-handed. This vaca is the hammiest thing since Paul. It invites so many jokes. It's offensive to many fans. Okposo should have known. Honestly ... None of them care about us.

Caring starts at the top. TP is still dependent on others to change the rolls of TP (ironic) in the head.

His wife is too ill for him to notice much of anything these days. Now in his 70's, he may be thinking of selling his sports teams or figuring out how to pass it on to his kids without some insane tax. Meanwhile, he lets Beane run the Bills.

Prays KA knows what he is doing with the Sabres, even though the toilet seems to be backed up most days with clogs that cannot be cleared. His call list for plumbers seems to be limited to 1. Keeps extending people blindly which blocks any change. That allows KA to keep handing out healthy contracts to many who really haven't earned it and telling us it's sunny while it storms outside. . The result is production and healthy availability suddenly gets cut in half but the pay is still great !  What incentive ? I'm tired..

They really need someone with GM experience to start flipping this roster. Talent has to leave to acquire talent that produces better results. Not like those suggestions in the trade scenario threads where posters here see the Sabres receiving all-stars for VO, Jost and Krebs. Stop. The suckers are us. Not other teams GM's. 

KA has a long term plan where saying " we're close ! " has no expiration date. My date passed years ago with the acceptance of NHL also-ran. 

1 person holds the key...and he's bunkered down in Boca. How to flush him out to do something is the issue. Not even large sections of empty seats seems to move him these days. 

Extended vacations do nothing for the fans. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If quality of play means no vacations or food until it improves does that logic also hold true for quality of posts on here?

Curious where we set the standard?  I have to know if I get to eat tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LTS said:

If quality of play means no vacations or food until it improves does that logic also hold true for quality of posts on here?

After this post, you don’t get to eat until President’s Day.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Since when did vacations and food become on the same level in the hierarchy of needs?  Food is a basic physiological need   

image.png.40f832103b28b25247f9b0c6783492ef.png

As I previously stated, I don’t care if they go on vacation or not.   Just come back ready to play and be better. 

The fans quality of posts here has nothing to do with the caliber of play of this team.  

Edited by Pimlach

49 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I've had a busy week at work.  I already have 40 hours in and it's only Wednesday.

Once your retired the fun will Begin like this week explaining to my wife to stop giving my beer to the roofers. 

That's all I need is one of them to fall and sue us And i'm back to work

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I've had a busy week at work.  I already have 40 hours in and it's only Wednesday.

I, too, have had a week by Wednesday. 🍻 And the beer league team I was supposed to sub for tonight said another regular signed in 😥

I have actually seen quite a few witty posts today across various threads and I appreciate them all just a little bit more than perhaps yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Since when did vacations and food become on the same level in the hierarchy of needs?  Food is a basic physiological need   

image.png.40f832103b28b25247f9b0c6783492ef.png

As I previously stated, I don’t care if they go on vacation or not.   Just come back ready to play and be better. 

The fans quality of posts here has nothing to do with the caliber of play of this team.  

I was not directing my response at you.  The food comment was continuing the jest made earlier in the thread. The quality of posts comment was pointing out how inane any conversation on what people do or how well they perform should matter in regards to vacations and food.

I really wish I didn't have to explain the dry humor.  Although you'll note, I did insinuate that even my post was such low quality that I would not be eating.  Weave made sure to emphasize that. 🙂

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.