Jack Quinn, Injured Again

Norcal

On 2/1/2024 at 8:05 AM, Doohickie said:

Counterpoint:  If a player plays in such a way that he exposes himself to injury- blocking shots, not leaving enough room to stop before hitting the boards, etc., and they miss games because of that, that is being injury prone.  So far from what I've seen, Muel and Quinn are both injury prone in that they play "too" hard.  To get off that injury prone list, they need to learn how to be just as effective, or close to it, without taking undue risk.

^

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I think Muel has shown he's injury prone in that way.

Tanev, is very much in a similar boat with how often he is injured. Shot blocker style dmen are more often injured than those who aren't actively using their body to stop 95mph slapshots.

If I were Granato, I would of called Niklas Hjalmarsson or even Jay McKee to show some pointers on shot blocking.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I think Muel has shown he's injury prone in that way.

While I’ve been looking at the subject thru a strict medical lens, I never considered a player’s mere style of play as a pre-existing condition for injury. There is merit to the idea and perhaps we need to go further and accept the fact that all players in all sports that require its athletes to routinely stress their bodies to maximum limits are prone to injury simply due to their participation. 

Edited by K-9

2 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

With Quinn and Samuelson out, the most Sabres-like thing to do would be to make the playoffs in the last game of the season and then we are stuck with this team for 2 more years 

Don't kid yourself, we're stuck with this line up even if we miss the playoffs (which we will, not sure why anyone would even think that's a possibility at this stage).

On 2/2/2024 at 11:10 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That's well and good, and sure helps bring young, in shape and "rich" with medical staff around the clock. But there isn't any proven way to remodel bone faster and other than PRP and ultrasound Shockwave therapy, etc these things take time, we can cut off a little bit of time from the above mentioned. 

Maybe he will come back in 6 weeks. A lot of pro athletes do it all the time, it doesn't mean they're actually ready to. It's typically case by case (must win game, playoffs on the line, etc) this current iteration of the buffalo sabres at this point in time, has zero reason to rush any healing injury. In 6 weeks if were knocking on the door, maybe we can revisit that. 

Sure there are...things like GH, Testosterone at supraphysiological levels, a few other steroids and now even some of the stronger SARMs do. If you said do it within the guidelines of what is acceptable by the league then probably not.

Edited by matter2003

29 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Sure there are...things like GH, Testosterone at supraphysiological levels, a few other steroids and now even some of the stronger SARMs do. If you said do it within the guidelines of what is acceptable by the league then probably not.

Well, I'm sure there are always things. Those are wayyyy out of my scope and things that I'm just not familiar with. Most of the sports medicine I know is from personally being injured from being a dumbass 😂😂

17 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Tanev, is very much in a similar boat with how often he is injured. Shot blocker style dmen are more often injured than those who aren't actively using their body to stop 95mph slapshots.

If I were Granato, I would of called Niklas Hjalmarsson or even Jay McKee to show some pointers on shot blocking.  

Perhaps another thought would be to STOP trying to block shots and instead let the goalie see them and make the save.  IMHO - they are better off keeping the goalie's line of sight clear, including not screening or deflecting any opposing shots vs. risking injury.  Let the goalies do their job.

22 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

With Quinn and Samuelson out, the most Sabres-like thing to do would be to make the playoffs in the last game of the season and then we are stuck with this team for 2 more years 

Seriously? So the young team plays great, makes the playoffs, and you're mad? Good god.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.