Jack Quinn, Injured Again

Norcal

Just now, GoPuckYourself said:

He couldn't put any weight on it, it's either the achilles or a broken bone after looking up options, usually. 

But on the broadcast they said he DID put weight on it once he got to the tunnel.

If a lateral ligament in the knee was injured, he may not have wanted the skate on the ice because any twisting of the knee would've been excruciating but straight ahead movement would've been fine.  It also could be the ankle.  (Your guesses are also valid at this time, too.)

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

But on the broadcast they said he DID put weight on it once he got to the tunnel.

If a lateral ligament in the knee was injured, he may not have wanted the skate on the ice because any twisting of the knee would've been excruciating but straight ahead movement would've been fine.  It also could be the ankle.  (Your guesses are also valid at this time, too.)

I just watched the replay and before Quinn got up, he definitely looked at the heel of his left leg. I don’t know if it was his L or R Achilles that he was recovering from, but him doing that made me think he re-injured himself in the same spot. 

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Oh I didn't hear that broadcast, that's definitely more positive then..hopefully!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mr Peabody said:

Chance of playoffs are nil.  Put Olofsson in and boost his trade value as it’s obvious we aren’t keeping him. 

If that's the mindset then who cares about Olofsson, his value will always be small. Teams already have a large sample size to go by. Might as call up Kulich and let him learn defense on the fly.

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Hope it's not the same achilles.   I was concerned he came back too soon.

Elliott Friedman last night during the 2nd intermission of the Vancouver game on HNIC said it wasn't achilles, it was his ankle. He said the Sabres will know how serious it is on Monday.

• Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Two or less said:

If that's the mindset then who cares about Olofsson, his value will always be small. Teams already have a large sample size to go by. Might as call up Kulich and let him learn defense on the fly.

Elliott Friedman last night during the 2nd intermission of the Vancouver game on HNIC said it wasn't achilles, it was his ankle. He said the Sabres will know how serious it is on Monday.

Absolutely looked like an ankle or maybe knee.  

Hope it’s just a sprain and he’ll be back sooner than later.  

I can’t take anymore doom and gloom with this team especially with Quinn.  Who’s probably my favorite player on this team rn.  

If he is out long term then KA needs to find a solution. Make a trade and get a scorer in here that he should have gotten during the summer! This team will not come close to making the playoffs as is. They need help and KA needs to get off his ass and do his damn job. Status quo is not progress. 

1 hour ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

If he is out long term then KA needs to find a solution. Make a trade and get a scorer in here that he should have gotten during the summer! This team will not come close to making the playoffs as is. They need help and KA needs to get off his ass and do his damn job. Status quo is not progress. 

We All know that's not gonna happen he's likely gonna call someone up and thats it 

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Agree 1

If the Sabres don't have a prospect they can call up to take Quinn's spot then I don't want to hear another word about the Sabres prospects.

Either they are worth playing.. or they are not.  Time to sink or swim. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Two or less said:

That would be best case scenario.   

In my amateurish armchair MD opinion I'm diagnosing him with a grade 3-4 subluxation.

14 hours ago, Two or less said:

There’s no sample size of VO playing for a better team.  We’ve had a number of players leave and improve their play under different systems.   I’m thinking the league looks at him and sees a cannon shot and weak points they can improve.  A third line with a couple of strong forwards who play D would be worth a shot. 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Wouldn't it be better to just use a tape measure?

Yes of course, but then we'd end up with threads on measuring techniques, over vs. under, and length vs. girth, not to mention the analytics crowd taking over with graphs and charts on size vs. efficacy and performance levels in "high danger" areas. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Yes of course, but then we'd end up with threads on measuring techniques, over vs. under, and length vs. girth, not to mention the analytics crowd taking over with graphs and charts on size vs. efficacy and performance levels in "high danger" areas. 

The analytic crowd has a tendency to complicate the simple. They will start to talk about curvatures and bend rate. They will also have different categories for extended and not extended. It can get messy when this crowd gets involved. 🤡

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.