Jack Quinn, Injured Again

Norcal

Ok so Jack Quinn has had another unfortunate injury that appears to be serious enough to keep him out for another portion of the season. 

This sucks for JQ because he has been really good since he came back this season.

Feel free to post any updates here. Let's hope he's back sooner than later.  

The team is on break for All Star weekend and players won't be moved for a couple weeks so who replaces Quinn in the lineup if he cannot return by Feb 6th? 

Tired: Olofsson, I'm tired of him. He's tired of Buffalo. 

Wired: Kulich has wired alot of pucks with his buddy Rosen in their Rochester basement. 

Bring him up and play him enough to get acclimated. 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I hate to say it, but given what I’ve seen of Kulich so far in the A, his D game makes VO look like a Selke contender. He’s just not close to being ready for the show, imo. 

Ryan Johnson got off to an uneven start in Rochester and was frowned upon as a call up early on, until he was called up and never left. 

Kulich has work to do on D but it's time to see if he really has that NHL shot. Him and Rosen should get time on Quinns line w Peterka and Cozens  

43 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I hate to say it, but given what I’ve seen of Kulich so far in the A, his D game makes VO look like a Selke contender. He’s just not close to being ready for the show, imo. 

He's only one guy. And he probably won't get as many minutes according to how Granato inserts new guys. His defensive "liabilities" shouldnt be that much of a hindrance. 

Side question, if not Kulich, then who do you call up? 

If this Kulich guy has big time offensive chops, call him up. Go for broke. Safe should be out the window. The Sabres need to win right now 

Or

Make a TRADE 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So THIS is why Adams was looking to get Kane in.  It wasn't to cover for Quinn's 1st injury, it was for his next injury.  4D chess indeed.

Speaking of Kane—16 points in 19 games after his surgery and slow start is impressive.

Can someone tell me why he obviously sucks like I heard for half the year?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TageMVP said:

He's only one guy. And he probably won't get as many minutes according to how Granato inserts new guys. His defensive "liabilities" shouldnt be that much of a hindrance. 

Side question, if not Kulich, then who do you call up? 

If this Kulich guy has big time offensive chops, call him up. Go for broke. Safe should be out the window. The Sabres need to win right now 

Or

Make a TRADE 

Is Donnie gonna give him those limited minutes with skilled offensive line mates or scrubs? And if he does give him higher skilled line mates, are those guys also seeing limited minutes as a result? 

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Is Donnie gonna give him those limited minutes with skilled offensive line mates or scrubs? And if he does give him higher skilled line mates, are those guys also seeing limited minutes as a result? 

Not suggesting Kulich get called up, but if he is called up, he probably ends up on one of the 3 offensive lines taking a regular shift but then gets 2 shifts tops in the 3rd if the Sabres have a tight lead.

So, it likely doesn't affect his linemates' ice time at all.

Edited by Taro T

8 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Speaking of Kane—16 points in 19 games after his surgery and slow start is impressive.

Can someone tell me why he obviously sucks like I heard for half the year?

You telling me SS is full of numbnuts?

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I don't know what Granato is going to do. I can guess based off prior call-ups. 

What I would do, if I was Granato, and I did indeed call up Kulich, I'd put him right where Jack Quinn was. Same line. 

That Savoie call up was pointless. Three minutes total, waste of time 

9 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Screenshot_20240128-214356.thumb.png.a92ced3632a469e6b0e9c1b2be2658ab.png

Taro- You're disagreeing with me when I'm asking a question? Seriously, what do we know?

You asked a question.  The answer to the question was 'No.'

Wtf do you need the answer spelled out in a post, when the reaction allows it to be answered with 2 clicks?

Well, to answer your question, NO we do not know how serious the injury is.  Truly doubt the Sabres even know yet as you usually don't do MRIs / ultrasounds until a couple of days later after swelling has gone down.

Happy?

• Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • dislike 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

You asked a question.  The answer to the question was 'No.'

Wtf do you need the answer spelled out in a post, when the reaction allows it to be answered with 2 clicks?

Well, to answer your question, NO we do not know how serious the injury is.  Truly doubt the Sabres even know yet as you usually don't do MRIs / ultrasounds until a couple of days later after swelling has gone down.

Happy?

The description on the X says "Disagree", not "No".

What you're saying makes more sense... though a written No response could have been done in just 4 clicks.

1 Quote button

2 N

3 O

4 Submit Reply

• Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JoeSchmoe said:

The description on the X says "Disagree", not "No".

What you're saying makes more sense... though a written No response could have been done in just 4 clicks.

1 Quote button

2 N

3 O

4 Submit Reply

NO.

5 clicks plus scrolling back to the "submit reply" button.  (6 counting the period.)

Edited by Taro T
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

“Disagreeing” with a question (how?) isn’t answering it.

I really hope it’s not a serious injury.

Always have viewed the green check mark as a "yes" and the red X as a "no."

If they are viewed in that light, they are FAR more flexible and useful.  Because 'yes' can also be a very brief 'agree with you here' and 'no' can also be a very brief 'nope, we are in disagreement.'

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.