GDT: Sabres @ Kings - Wed Jan 24, 2024, 10:30 pm ET MSG, ESPN+ Bally Sports West 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

SABRES AFTER the INKY BLACK DARK

image.png.d69b7701935fa50735c3fcf4a8b0847c.png  @image.png.2cbb638c8688b03aaf065bdd3c06ca85.png

20-23-4                                  22-13-9

LAST 10

5-5                                                 2-8

44 pts. / 47 gms.                                    52 pts. / 44 gms.

• Sabres currently sit in 27th in the league, with LA 14th
  • Another "get right" opportunity for a struggling team v. our Boys in Blue (sigh)
  •  Anze Kopitar will be honored for multiple recent milestones tonight:

• Kopitar became the Kings’ leader in games played (1,297), passing Dustin Brown,

• Became their leader in assists (758), passing Marcel Dionne.

• Scored his 400th NHL goal, making him second on the Los Angeles points list (1,155), behind Dionne (1,307).

# MAY WIN

#LETS GO BUFFALO

Edited by Spoonman

10 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Only 9 points from 8th and picking 6th in the draft. Hoping Ottawa  and Columbus can get a win streak going soon. Maybe we can draft someone like Power again 😐

That's the spirit. my friend.  Yea team !!

Anyhow, we still love you.

Again !!??  And so soon.

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

They probably are staying in the same hotel for a few nights until they figure out the way to San Jose.  

That may be a good thing.

Any of our Southern Californians going / went to the games.  I did not read the GDT past page 3.

I know @pi2000 has ties to the Ducks, or maybe he is making that all up to impress the chickidoodles around here.

Oh, yeah ...

SWORDS !!

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Oh hell yea! And tonight I can watch virtually all of it.

Sabres hockey is gettin' good. Last night was fascinating.

Among all the blunders came the money shot of the season... Jeff tried to break his stick over his legs in frustration and couldn't do it.

Casey chuckled inside.

• Haha (+1) 2

I just cannot with this team anymore. I am glad they are on the west coast so i wont even think about watching them and getting pissed off at their ineptness. I am just Sabres Numb. In 13 years they could not even make the playoffs once and will not be proactive to do anything. The empty seats in the arena mean nothing to them. The players are going to go to real teams where they will flourish.. This is the worst team in 13 years

After last night's comedy of errors, one can only hope for a game half as entertaining.  

For the Sabres sake, I really hope that there was an issue with the rink's ice.. because the other side of that is they have regressed to the point where they no longer know how to skate 😄

18 minutes ago, Ctaeth said:

After last night's comedy of errors, one can only hope for a game half as entertaining.  

For the Sabres sake, I really hope that there was an issue with the rink's ice.. because the other side of that is they have regressed to the point where they no longer know how to skate 😄

Anaheim didn't seem to be falling. Local knowledge?

Fubo has raised its rates another $6 total beginning Feb 1.  The Sabres have done nothing to make me want to spend that much.

Thank you to the Sabres for saving me money.

Not gonna watch tonight because tomorrow... must work.

The more and more I talk to people in my group, the more they want pain and suffering to continue to this team. They have turned against Pegula hoping he feels the pain eventually. Nobody even cares if they win anymore, it's really an all-time low and that is pretty hard to believe after so many years of awfulness. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

That's the spirit. my friend.  Yea team !!

Anyhow, we still live you.

Again !!??  And so soon.

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

They probably are staying in the same hotel for a few nights until they figure out the way to San Jose.  

That may be a good thing.

Any of our Southern Californians going / went to the games.  I did not read the GDT past page 3.

I know @pi2000 has ties to the Ducks, or maybe he is making that all up to impress the chickidoodles around here.

Oh, yeah ...

SWORDS !!

I was in the barn last night representing SS.  Money Wasted.

My protest this evening is to not spend 1.5 hours of my time driving up the 405 from OC attempting to see what could be another meltdown in waiting.  Instead I choose getting harassed by Kings fans at the local Irish Pub in Laguna Niguel.  Five minute drive from my house  and the Corned Beef sandwiches are hella better than anything at Cyrpto.com arena.

I may need to double up on the edibles for this evening to numb the pain. Medicated watching. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.