GDT Red Wings @ Sabres Tuesday Dec 5th 7:30 pm ET ESPN+ / HULU

Spoonman

10 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Just told both are equally in trouble if fortunes don't change soon. 

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Tage is back, Dahlin is playing but has lingering issues

As much as we rag on the team, I do honestly feel Dahlin, Tage, and Cozens are honest when they say they want to go to the playoffs. I fear Tage is coming back a tad early due to Tuch’s injury but I certainly respect his desire.

Time for these boys to put their big pants on and start being MEN.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, inkman said:

Out of the closet? (Is anyone still in?) Out of Buffalo?  Out of pocket?  😡 What on earth do you mean chicken head? 

Held out due to pending trade for Milan Lucic and Cory Perry in a blockbuster 3 way deal where Dahlin has to split time between Boston and Chicago (e1263).

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, Weave said:

Held out due to pending trade for Milan Lucic and Cory Perry in a blockbuster 3 way deal where Dahlin has to split time between Boston and Chicago (e1263).

Dahlin for Draisaitl.  E69.  Who says no?  

I mean I’d say no if I were Edmonton…

1 hour ago, Spoonman said:

LOL - @Doohickie’s spouse is a Wings fan…(don’t hold it against him!)

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

The wife is a Wings fan going back to the time when we lived in Detroit.

Just trying to squash the MW thing.  

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

Rumblings that Adams AND Granato are on VERY hot seats right now 

For those who don't keep score (like me), can the board be heard regarding this poster's rumour-mongering bona fides? And please feel free to speak for yourself, @CallawaySabres.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

For those who don't keep score (like me), can the board be heard regarding this poster's rumour-mongering bona fides? And please feel free to speak for yourself, @CallawaySabres.

He was the first to report that a certain former prez utilizes the foot wedge and gives himself 17 foot putts. And he nailed it when the former SI writer Rick (name hidden due to poster senility) came out with a book.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I am never wrong, now my sources, I can't speak for them 🙂 As far as the Sabres side of things, I get a lot of info from Adams neighbor...ex neighbor. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, inkman said:

Just trying to squash the MW thing.  

That's why I said "victory required."  😉

Seriously, what we are seeing with these two teams is the advantage of "blocking the kids."  The kids in Detroit have to force their way onto the NHL roster; they are broken in with multiple veterans to show them the way.  In Buffalo, they are rushed to the NHL and are forced to take their lumps along with the rest of the team.

• Agree 1

Well this is your make it or break game right? You lose this game and it's forget playoffs, the Yzerplan was better than the KA trusted process and Sabres fans get another year of loserhood. You win this game and we can believe we are back in it, the believers can come forward again and proclaim our plan is better and we all get to laugh at Detroit. 

It is a winnable game as Detroit likes to go wide open (which is our thing) and so if we lure them into that we have a real shot similar to beating Toronto. Goaltending obviously can't have a bad game as they have snipers and the PK has to be outstanding as their PP is their strength. 

I do not like our chances but you never know. Maybe it's a pivotal moment to turn the season around before it's totally lost. 

1 hour ago, Mr Peabody said:

Not sure why TP would eat DG’s contract before he’s had a chance to ice a balanced NHL team. When troubleshooting you eliminate one variable at a time.

So TP will eliminate himself?

This game feels like a crossroads for this team.   Another loss and suddenly they've got a serious losing streak pending with a roadie to Boston on Thur.

That said, you would think they're desperate for a win, but I've thought that before and they come out flatter than a flapjack.

It's a great opportunity for the young core to step up and demand more from their teammates.... ruffle a few feathers if you will...  let it be known there will be repercussions if anyone mails it in.     

The atmosphere in the locker room should be serious and focused, not aloof with guys joking around and talking about whatever.... the "game" starts well before puck drop. 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.