GDT Red Wings @ Sabres Tuesday Dec 5th 7:30 pm ET ESPN+ / HULU

Spoonman

Red Wings fly in to KBC tonight with a 12-7-3 record (6-2-2 last 10, and 2 game winning streak).

Sabres look to Cozen's comments and agree....and come in 10-13-2 (3-6-1, 3 game losing streak).

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/buf-vs-det/2023/12/05/2023020380

GMKA & Meatballs:

image.png.16b844a2c93443f15438363d21448010.png

NHL teams when playing Sabres: 

image.thumb.png.8ad068bea33548ad080aefcd28ded519.png

GO! FIGHT! WIN!  maybe   don't give up   2 quick goals

#MUST WIN #score a goal first 

Brought to you by:

image.thumb.png.20ed38e34bd578a21df8017e41243e40.png

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I thought the Red wings were overhyped coming into the season. So far I've been wrong but I still feel that way.

Detroit has a bunch of veterans on defense who don't make that many mistakes, and they have forwards who know where to be. They're not overly talented from top to bottom, but they just wear you down without making many mistakes.

In terms of pure physical talent, skating, shooting, I think the Sabres are more talented. However, this Sabres team has worn me down to the point where now I am expecting losses against pretty much everyone.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

I thought the Red wings were overhyped coming into the season. So far I've been wrong but I still feel that way.

Detroit has a bunch of veterans on defense who don't make that many mistakes, and they have forwards who know where to be. They're not overly talented from top to bottom, but they just wear you down without making many mistakes.

In terms of pure physical talent, skating, shooting, I think the Sabres are more talented. However, this Sabres team has worn me down to the point where now I am expecting losses against pretty much everyone.

Detroit is on the same rebuild timeline as Buffalo.  They are choosing a different path to get there.  With Tage,Tuch, Quinn, Greenway and Girgs out this isn’t a real valid comparison showdown.  But Detroit was been ahead all season, even when we had a healthier roster.  

Sure, Buffalo has more “pure physical talent” but we are learning that talented prospects alone is not enough.  

This will be a very interesting match.  I expect Detroit fans will be present in large masses. 

• Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Thanks, but I am fine.

I am Sabre fan .. strong like bull.

Not too strong really and not that smart either, but ...

Oh, you thought I was worrying about YOU? Hahahaha…..that was some self talk. 🤣

• Thanks (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The Wings are starting their backup, Alex Lyon. 

Same guy who beat us for Florida last year in the critical late season game. Those head to head points decided who got in to the playoff.  

Yup and their schedule isn't even tough this week, no back-to-back, Husso just chillin'.   Sharks Thursday, Sens Saturday. Sabres no respect.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.