8th Place in the Conference

CallawaySabres

This fanbase has been beaten down so badly (including myself STH) that I don't think the organization can come close to reading the room anymore. These pressers where they talk about patience and building a champion.....what? I would be willing to bet that every Sabes fan around would be THRILLED with a race to 8th place. The people asking these questions after the game should be asking questions like..."if this team does not finish in the top 8, major changes would have to be expected right"?

See what the coach says and ask it again after the next embarrassing loss. And the youth excuse, please. We understand you are not going to win all your games but man, how many more games where the team is getting outclassed from start to finish before someone is held responsible? I bet there was not one person on that team (coaches included) that raised their voice after last night. Power should be in the minors, Krebs is completely useless, and the bottom 6 is a joke. There is talent but we cannot wait another year to see if they MIGHT develop into a playoff team. 

Trades have to happen now and it's like the GM can't part ways with these precious little forwards that fill the cupboards here. This season can be saved but another 2-3 losses in a row will ensure these guys won't climb out of it. That building is going to be an actual torture chamber for fans in another couple weeks and it has to stop, it really just has to stop. We just want the 8 spot! Oh yeah, and Allen, get your head out of ass and stop throwing to the other team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This fanbase has been beaten down so badly (including myself STH) that I don't think the organization can come close to reading the room anymore. These pressers where they talk about patience and building a champion.....what? I would be willing to bet that every Sabes fan around would be THRILLED with a race to 8th place. The people asking these questions after the game should be asking questions like..."if this team does not finish in the top 8, major changes would have to be expected right"?

See what the coach says and ask it again after the next embarrassing loss. And the youth excuse, please. We understand you are not going to win all your games but man, how many more games where the team is getting outclassed from start to finish before someone is held responsible? I bet there was not one person on that team (coaches included) that raised their voice after last night. Power should be in the minors, Krebs is completely useless, and the bottom 6 is a joke. There is talent but we cannot wait another year to see if they MIGHT develop into a playoff team. 

Trades have to happen now and it's like the GM can't part ways with these precious little forwards that fill the cupboards here. This season can be saved but another 2-3 losses in a row will ensure these guys won't climb out of it. That building is going to be an actual torture chamber for fans in another couple weeks and it has to stop, it really just has to stop. We just want the 8 spot! Oh yeah, and Allen, get your head out of ass and stop throwing to the other team.

I don’t listen to those things anymore. They didn’t really say after the Boston game they are trying to build a champion did they? 

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don’t listen to those things anymore. They didn’t really say after the Boston game they are trying to build a champion did they? 

I don't know what they said after the Boston game as I turned it on, saw it was 2-0 after 5 minutes, and then turned on some documentary on root canals...

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

Trades have to happen now and it's like the GM can't part ways with these precious little forwards that fill the cupboards here.

I agree.  They need vet help NOW.  In addition, there won’t be spots for all of his beloved prospects, so make the deal, and help the team this season. Not some season years in the future. 

KA has to think bigger than Stillman, Jost, Clague, EJ & Clifton.  BIGGER!

11 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

The Sabres will end up in WC1 or WC2.  It would take a minor miracle at this point to end up top 3 in the Adams (or whatever they call it now) division.

No major trades will happen, but Paddy Kane will be signed.

So wait, you’re saying they’ll make up the 1 point that they are currently out of that last slot? That’s just crazy talk. 

They need to do it soon, but there’s still plenty of time to right this ship. Just look how things have changed for Pittsburgh with their first winning streak. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I agree.  They need vet help NOW.  In addition, there won’t be spots for all of his beloved prospects, so make the deal, and help the team this season. Not some season years in the future. 

KA has to think bigger than Stillman, Jost, Clague, EJ & Clifton.  BIGGER!

Zadarov wants out of Calgary, it's been reported Kadri won't stay for a rebuild in Calgary. These 2 players bring snarl, a passion, a drive that lacks in our ranks. Leaders lead by example. The Sabres have what Calgary would want, some rebuilding blocks, Adams should make the deal. Imho.

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

There are zero signs right now this team is doing anything but crashing and burning to the bottom of the standings. They have been insanely lucky just to be slightly below .500 as all the numbers and metrics say we are a bottom 5 team in the league right now. The correction is coming (and is likely already under way) leading to a death spiral and the season being over before the new year. I would love to lie to myself and say this won't happen but unfortunately in reality every single sign points to this outcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Zadarov wants out of Calgary, it's been reported Kadri won't stay for a rebuild in Calgary. These 2 players bring snarl, a passion, a drive that lacks in our ranks. Leaders lead by example. The Sabres have what Calgary would want, some rebuilding blocks, Adams should make the deal. Imho.

Kadri's contract is too rich to eat he has after this season another 5x7mil (until he's 39)

I'd be more interested in Lindholm but he'd be more than likely a rental and thus not worth a top prospect.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Kadri's contract is too rich to eat he has after this season another 5x7mil (until he's 39)

I'd be more interested in Lindholm but he'd be more than likely a rental and thus not worth a top prospect.

True, but vet presence? Lol

Kadri was my dig at it. Zadarov however, I would be interested, Powers is in serious trouble play wise. Maybe a Russian that likes to use the body could help.

I'm as disappointed as anyone with another "no progress" season so far, pretty much a regression so far.

That being said it would not surprise me to see the team somehow turn this around with Tage out of the lineup.  Not that Tage is the problem at all but maybe this is what the team needs to get going and shake them up.  Mittelstadt, Skinner, Tuch, Cozens, Dahlin, Power.  The boys all need to elevate their game.  

Bizarro World.

image.png.2709ce6b8ab967c464850cba63f9fcbd.png

• Like (+1) 2

Thought about this the whole way to work. Another veteran top four dman and top six forward would be nice.

Power is a train wreck. Put Muel with him to cover his defensive ineptitude. Joker with Dahlin and keep the J&J pair. Put Clifton in the press box for 65 games. 

Skinner Mitts TBD

Peterka Cozens TBD

Greenway Jost TBD

Girgs Krebs KO

TBDs are some type of VO, Rousek, and Kulich. They get replaced with Tuch, Quinn, and Benson as they return, respectively.

If they can acquire a top six forward not named Kane it would help now and when our broke guys return. I really miss the Greenway Mitts Benson line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, shrader said:

So wait, you’re saying they’ll make up the 1 point that they are currently out of that last slot? That’s just crazy talk. 

They need to do it soon, but there’s still plenty of time to right this ship. Just look how things have changed for Pittsburgh with their first winning streak. 

People who think this way are not looking closely at HOW we are losing games and at the persistent and recurrent flaws. Right now we are in no way even close and are likely to finish substantially lower than last year. How low will be determined by how many of the iffy teams also crash and burn. This team has no chance playing this way and is much more likely to go on a losing streak than a winning one. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/15/2023 at 5:31 PM, Sabres Fan in NS said:

No major trades will happen, but Paddy Kane will be signed.

Which will be a mistake once they figure out that after the surgery he's had, VO is ten times better and they will sign Kane for 2-3 years.  The contract will be an anchor on the team.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's not as bad as I thought.  I don't look at the standings much before New Year.

5 points behind The Great Satan for top 3 in the division.  3 points out of a WC in the East.  Not great.  Not even good.  Not terrible either.

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Which will be a mistake once they figure out that after the surgery he's had, VO is ten times better and they will sign Kane for 2-3 years.  The contract will be an anchor on the team.

👀

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS

Right before the season even Tuch said publicly it’s a playoff year. He said The fans deserve it as does the organization. So it’s a playoffs season or bust. There’s no consolation for developing players or whatever.  It’s playoffs or you failed this season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.