GDT: Bruins @ Sabres - Nov 14, 2023 - 7:00pm, MSG/ESPN+📺WGR📻

LGR4GM

16 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Because he sees what we all do re:results he just wants to chalk it up to some mystic force, refusing to accept the problem is, obviously, much more human. 

He said we made “seemingly good moves”. That’s just wrong. Our offseason, at the time of the moment, was seemingly sh*t

It isn't just this year though or merely the Sabres

The Sabres and Bills have had multiple Owners, GMs, Coaches and yet somehow we always fall short. 

The seemingly good moves wasn't purely referring to this year either

Edited by thewookie1

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m referring to people who go to the games. 

It makes me a bad fan, I know, but I looked at the schedule and decided I didn't have the stomach to even watch the Sabres get creamed by the Bruins (at home!) on ESPN+ and then hear comments about how the young kids are still figuring it out.  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Roll your eyes at the “doomsayers” all you want: there’s no one here under that banner

merely doomlivers. NO ONE IS PROCLAIMING DOOM. We are merely endlessly living it 

It has already happened. When will you wrap your mind around that? Missing playoffs for the 4th straight year IS DOOM. 

never mind 13.

I’m not an immortal elf. 

We are DOOMED!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just got back from the game.

It started like the Sabres and 15,000 fans were still recovering from their Bills hangover from last night.

It ended like the Sabres and fans were in a morgue also known as the Key Bank Center.

In between, the best player got injured twice and the second time has probably sealed their fate.

After the game, there were no tough questions asked, nor any overly upset players or coaches.

The only thing missing from the last 48 hours was a lake effect wall of snow storm.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm not going to say too much but you know, I've seen every Sabres and Bruins game this year and I didn't think the Bruins played particularly well tonight. It was kind of like they went up 2-0 early and knew they had an easy night ahead of them and just coasted. It was no contest and they actually played the Sabres kind of soft. Sabres outhit them even which I wouldn't have bet on happening prior to the game. 

It's obvious the Bruins are a solid defensive team. It's obvious the Sabres don't have a clue. The game was actually kind of low event and boring. 

Whatever you want to say about whoever you have to admit the Ullmark play producing the 3 0n 1 goal was the highlight of the night. If Levi had done that and Sabres scored you'd be talking about it for weeks. 

Overall though, game was boring. 

2 minutes ago, repster said:

After the game, there were no tough questions asked, nor any overly upset players or coaches.

The lack of being upset over losing has been an ongoing thing for years. Bring on the culture problem thread. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, repster said:

Just got back from the game.

It started like the Sabres and 15,000 fans were still recovering from their Bills hangover from last night.

It ended like the Sabres and fans were in a morgue also known as the Key Bank Center.

In between, the best player got injured twice and the second time has probably sealed their fate.

The only thing missing from the last 48 hours was a lake effect wall of snow storm.

Someone should have asked Donny why he had Tage penalty killing in a 4-0 game, before he got hurt doing such 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh, one last thing, Ray and Dan were their usual apologetic excuse oriented duo but it was sad that he doesn't know how to properly pronounce a French name - Poitras. You'd think a Buffalo announcer would know better. 

They know if they criticized the team they'd be out of a job so while it's aggravating I can't really blame them.

Well, that was less than satisfying.

They did do a very nice job with the pregame ceremony.  The Sabres in rink staff have significantly upped their game on those the past few years.

Levi did not have a good game.  Not sure what Power had against him tonight, but he did not help matters.  Tying up Heinen's stick OR clearing the puck after the bad rebound might've kept the game scoreless a little longer but that was not meant to be.  Not much Levi could do on the 2nd nor 3rd.  Clean cross ice pass to their best goal scorer alone for the 1 timer and then a 3 on 1 with Clifton not taking anyone letting the cross ice pass get through to Pasternack who tapped it back behind Clifton for the full tic-tac-toe. 

Would've pulled Levi after the 1st, not that he was playing particularly bad, but to be able to rip into the team for not doing anything on Captain Okposo's big night and for not helping this goalie, maybe they'll consider playing for the other goalie.  But Granato left Comrie in for 10 goals against last year; no way he was using a goalie change to try to change the momentum. 

Not sure how there was an assist on the B's 4th goal; looked like Power passed it directly to the goal scorer.  Clifton did set a nice screen though to help his partner.  That 5th goal, Levi never saw but it was beyond time to make a change.

Not sure when Tuch is coming back, but now that Thompson is out it can't be soon enough.  Tough game for Tage; between the leg injury on the non-called trip in the 1st and the messed up wrist from the PK blocked shot it was a very painful night.

Never heard why Jokiharju didn't play.  Whatever the reason Clifton and Power were not a good pair tonight.  Still would be interested in seeing if Samuelsson could help settle Power down some.  Don't want to break up Dahlin-Muel, but maybe some combination of playing Ras with Henri &/or Johnson the Younger could be good enough to let Muel - Power become a thing for a bit.

Just a really blah game overall.  Except for the little scrum after Dahlin checked the Rat Faced Git where Cozens nearly ripped Pasta's head off, not really much to get excited about.  The hit Samuelsson threw late in the 2nd was fun too.

Wonder if scoring 2 goals tonight help Olofsson get his head out of his bippy?  Would be nice to see him get going for a bit so that maybe Adams could get something for him.

What a lousy way to start the week for Buffalo sports fans.

Anyway, on to Winnipeg.  Road trip is coming at a good time for them.  Really need to win that one.  Hoping they take 'no 3 game losing streaks' as a serious sub-goal this year.

And how painful watching Ullmark and Levi in the same game.  That should've been the Sabres 1 & 2 this year.

32 minutes ago, sabremike said:

They know if they criticized the team they'd be out of a job so while it's aggravating I can't really blame them.

Well, as bad as Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley are in other ways, when the Bruins play poorly they do criticize them.  It simply can't be a "learning experience" forever. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Had it on in the background as I prepped dinner. I turned the game on and it was 3-0.

I never used to miss the start of games if I'm home, and I always made sure I was back in front of the TV before intermission was over. I kind of just don't care anymore, enough to turn it on at least... But that's waning. 

As for gameplay, we still haven't figured out how to use the middle of the ice in the O zone after how many years?!? I saw many times where a player would get the puck and then just circle to the outside and take crappy little outside shots and then bam, out of the zone. 

Is it a talent issue, a coaching issue? Both. Either way, clock is ticking. If we miss the playoffs, it's time to start over with a new GM and coach... Again. 

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well, as bad as Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley are in other ways, when the Bruins play poorly they do criticize them.  It simply can't be a "learning experience" forever. 

I can’t stand the Bruins announcers. Have to be the worst in the league. ***** idiot talking about why Cozens is wearing a full mask, telling people to go on to hockey fights.com. I wish Buffalo could pull its head out of it ass and kick the ***** out of Boston. I really hate that team!

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I can’t stand the Bruins announcers. Have to be the worst in the league. ***** idiot talking about why Cozens is wearing a full mask, telling people to go on to hockey fights.com. I wish Buffalo could pull its head out of it ass and kick the ***** out of Boston. I really hate that team!

As I said, "as bad as they are in other ways" but the point was unlike Ray and Dan they do critique bad play on the Bruins. One could argue that accountability is part of that organization's mindset and thus their announcers are expected to hold the team accountable as well. This differs from the Sabres. The Sabres seem to have a forgiving mentality with an eternal idea that tomorrow will be better than today. 

I had no issue with the Cozens comment though. Boston folks tend to enjoy hockey fights and Hathaway was on the Bruins last year. They didn't mock him just stated what happened. They also had no issue with Dahlin's backwards hit on Marchand but the Bruins will stand up for each other, even if Marchand does the very same thing to someone else next game. It's just the way it is there. Ponder it if you like. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.