GDT: Sabres @ Maple Leafs: November4, 2023 @ 7:00PM, NHL Network, MSG-B, and NBCS-PH

SABRES 0311

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

3-0 leafs 

You give the Sabres more credit than they’re worthy of because I doubt they can keep it that close playing their third in four nights and the second of a back to back. There’s always the possibility of Levi stealing one but with the bums playing in front of him, that seems like a remote possibility at best. 

7-1 Leafs as Okposo scores a less than meaningless goal in the final minute to avoid the shutout. These guys have their pride, after all. 

• dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Would anyone sign up for 4 straight losses if it meant a real move of some kind to show we are actually trying to save this season? I think I would. 

What is a real move?    Not a call up from Rochester.  Not bringing up the next rookie for a tryout.  

18 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Would anyone sign up for 4 straight losses if it meant a real move of some kind to show we are actually trying to save this season? I think I would. 

We shouldn’t require 4 straight losses to get there.  Winning but being outshot 40-15 should have started ringing some alarm bells.

• Agree 1

So much going against them tonight.

tough game last night

5 D last night means they’ll be gassed tonight

Bryson assuredly in the lineup tonight

Too many kids in the lineup that were overwhelmed, and likely will be again.

No reason to plan around watching this game.

• Like (+1) 1

They did not play well last night as a team.  I do not blame 6K / UPL atoll.

Move on ..

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

Revenge sex is the best sex .. exact thine revenge on the leaves of The Great Satan - a great poet said that.

While not lumped in with the dastardly duo the leaves of The Great Satan must be slain on the frozen tundra of Maple Leaf Gardens!!

Bring all the swords ........ !!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It may take all season, but eventually I have faith that the brain trust will move on from kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

He’s good. But he’s not the droid we’re looking for. I predict by or before Oct. 2024, he’ll no longer be in the organization. And this has nothing to do with last nights game alone.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

They did not play well last night as a team.  I do not blame 6K / UPL atoll.

Move on ..

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

Revenge sex is the best sex .. exact thine revenge on the leaves of The Great Satan - a great poet said that.

While not lumped in with the dastardly duo the leaves of The Great Satan must be slain on the frozen tundra of Maple Leaf Gardens!!

Bring all the swords ........ !!

Ok, you sold me NS. I'm all in....

Tage and Tuch with a pair each.

Sabres 6 Laughs 2

GO SABRES!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• spndnchz changed the title to GDT: Sabres @ Maple Leafs: November4, 2023 @ 7:00PM, NHL Network, MSG-B, and NBCS-PH
22 minutes ago, Weave said:

So much going against them tonight.

tough game last night

5 D last night means they’ll be gassed tonight

Bryson assuredly in the lineup tonight

Too many kids in the lineup that were overwhelmed, and likely will be again.

No reason to plan around watching this game.

Agree with this.  The 5D was rough on their minutes. Power and Clifton playing 25 mins, and Joker playing 22 is not  a good recipe.  Bryson will play tonight, at least he should be rested because we need more than the 8 minutes we has getting with Clifton out  

To be honest Philly slowed us down so much, as they did last year, that we can’t even tell how everyone graded with another video review (painful).  Tage had numerous chances to score but most of our other scorers were invisible.   

The team’s reluctance to get to the dirty places is making them easier to defend. They can perimeter pass all day, it’s not working, it’s just allowing odd man rushes on our goalie.  

I know this might be premature, but Biro and Rousek are not bringing any of what we lack - energy and aggression. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Best decade was the very first one.  No doubt.  It took 3 years to get  “good “.   We are working on 12 or 13 now, just to get mediocre and make the playoffs.  

It’s sickening. I am sick of it.  

The 70’s, especially the 1st half, were great to be a Sabres fan.  Such a distant memory. 😞

this thread is quite dreadful

it’s game 11 with a young team playing with a different focus than last year, there’s some growing pains 

i don’t know how confident i am that they’ll make the playoffs but the tone in this thread i’d say is a bit over the top and alarming, let’s see 30 or so games before we decide that the seasons going nowhere imo 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, elijah said:

this thread is quite dreadful

it’s game 11 with a young team playing with a different focus than last year, there’s some growing pains 

i don’t know how confident i am that they’ll make the playoffs but the tone in this thread i’d say is a bit over the top and alarming, let’s see 30 or so games before we decide that the seasons going nowhere imo 🤷‍♂️ 

I am on record as saying I will wait to Christmas to make a full judgement.  Right now I have every right to vent about this “2034 going for the playoffs “ version of the Sabres.  

What the hell is the different focus?   I’d love to hear about it.  Do tell me what the tone should be after getting beat by Philly for 6 periods.  

If they just play and do nothing for 20 more games we will know we’re they stand at year end, and it won’t be good.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.