Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

12 hours ago, #freejame said:

Sam Reinhart 100% played center his post-draft season tryout. I drove to Raleigh specifically to see him play and was pissed Teddy played him only like 8 minutes. 

Sam Reinhart 100% caught a lot of ***** for “not playing physical enough” and being “weak on his skates/can’t stand up.”

Sam Reinhart 100% was the best netfront Sabre since Vanek and nobody has come close to him since. 

He’s the one that got away. We dicked him on his contract timeline because we haven’t had a real front office since Darcy ***** Regier. 

But are you willing to pay him $8+ million this off-season, or would you rather have Levi and Kulich? Timing is everything in sports and having the right mixture of players to build a balanced team.  

That's been the issue I have had with the front office and GM's during this playoff drought, they keep acquiring and drafting the same type of players. They never look for the big, physical forwards or defenseman. It's all about skill and speed. Then they get pushed around and go curl up in a corner!

2 hours ago, sweetlou said:

But are you willing to pay him $8+ million this off-season, or would you rather have Levi and Kulich? Timing is everything in sports and having the right mixture of players to build a balanced team.  

That's been the issue I have had with the front office and GM's during this playoff drought, they keep acquiring and drafting the same type of players. They never look for the big, physical forwards or defenseman. It's all about skill and speed. Then they get pushed around and go curl up in a corner!

I would rather have Sam than Kulich and Levi, especially at $8m per year. Would you rather have Mitts or two magic beans?

On 1/13/2024 at 11:06 AM, Thorny said:

What do you think the record should be? Surely if we can’t reasonably expect the roster to amount to significantly more, there’s an issue. Isn’t that what the grade represents? The state of team overall up to and including the way it was constructed resulting in such a record?

The Sabres are in 26th place out of 32. If it’s not an F it’s close. Let’s say 5 designations: A, B, C, D, F. 32 teams, that’s 6 or 7 in each tier. We are 7th from the bottom 

Ok, let’s give ‘em a D-

7C9A03BB-1094-489B-853C-E86A28A95F93.webp.cd1358633f3b4b51348096355733530d.webp

in regards to the photo,
The hills have eyes

Edited by bunomatic
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

It can be done. These guys were dead in the water a while back. Not now. 

Well, for starters Jackie, if this group of Eulers played under the same rules as the 80's Eulers played, they would either have not played ANY OT and that record setting game would've ended in a tie or they would've had 5 minutes of 5v5 play with neither team wanting to lose a point and LIKELY would've ended in a tie.

There's other reasons as well, such as them not giving a rat's arse about playing D unless it was post their getting swept by the Aisles in the playoffs and it was also against either a Wales Conference team in the SCF or against the Flames.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Well, for starters Jackie, if this group of Eulers played under the same rules as the 80's Eulers played, they would either have not played ANY OT and that record setting game would've ended in a tie or they would've had 5 minutes of 5v5 play with neither team wanting to lose a point and LIKELY would've ended in a tie.

There's other reasons as well, such as them not giving a rat's arse about playing D unless it was post their getting swept by the Aisles in the playoffs and it was also against either a Wales Conference team in the SCF or against the Flames.

That stat convinced me to look at the list of all time winning streaks. There were more older ones than I would have expected. The shoot out era really watered it down a ton. I have no idea what to think about he ones from the 1920s. 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Terry Ryan who plays Ted Hitchcock in Shoresy played in an ECHL Game for the Newfoundland Growlers over the week at age 47. 
He was selected 8th overall by Montreal in 1995

That is a cool story. Interesting how he says that this ECHL game at 47 is up there and maybe surpasses his first NHL game. He says he expected to make the NHL but not to be asked to play pro at 47, in his hometown.

I’ve been a background actor for season 2&3 of Shoresy and have met a few actors, Dolo being the most prominent one. Terry walked nearby one day but I didn’t get the chance to chat. He’s had an interesting life, very funny guy, like many Newfoundlanders I have met.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

On 1/14/2024 at 11:17 AM, #freejame said:

I would rather have Sam than Kulich and Levi, especially at $8m per year. Would you rather have Mitts or two magic beans?

I'll say it. Levi doesn't do a thing for me and Kulich is still a wish at this point. 

20 hours ago, Taro T said:

Good rememberin

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, French Collection said:

That is a cool story. Interesting how he says that this ECHL game at 47 is up there and maybe surpasses his first NHL game. He says he expected to make the NHL but not to be asked to play pro at 47, in his hometown.

I’ve been a background actor for season 2&3 of Shoresy and have met a few actors, Dolo being the most prominent one. Terry walked nearby one day but I didn’t get the chance to chat. He’s had an interesting life, very funny guy, like many Newfoundlanders I have met.

Are you Delaney? 🙂

15 hours ago, French Collection said:

Love that show. I need to order a Sudbury Blueberry Bulldog Shoresy jersey. 

6 hours ago, K-9 said:

Love that show. I need to order a Sudbury Blueberry Bulldog Shoresy jersey. 

They are not cheap, we got one for my son.

I have worn Bulldog hats, toques and other team’s merch during filming but you don’t get to keep it. You must return wardrobe in order to get paid.

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Cody Hodgson (remember him???) apparently wishes to try and return to the NHL...and no I am not kidding

I don’t remember the name of the medical condition he suffered from.  I assumed it wasn’t sufficiently treatable.  I can only honestly hope that it is treatable enough that he can go back to his dream.  That would be ***** amazing.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

I don’t remember the name of the medical condition he suffered from.  I assumed it wasn’t sufficiently treatable.  I can only honestly hope that it is treatable enough that he can go back to his dream.  That would be ***** amazing.

I believe he had a form of cancer did he not?  Oh I found it...malignant hypothermia

Edited by sabrefanday1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

This would be awesome 

• Agree 1