2023 Free Agent Frenzy (Non-Sabres)

Eleven

34 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

But why ? Lafreniere just Reminds me so much of Grigorenko so much talent but dumb as rocks and slower then a Glacier.

That's what I'm saying. I would have to dig fairly deep in our prospect pool to find a guy I'd give up for a 1OA from 3 years ago. Because he sucks

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

That's what I'm saying. I would have to dig fairly deep in our prospect pool to find a guy I'd give up for a 1OA from 3 years ago. Because he sucks

IDK - he's scored about as many goals in 3 years as Mitts has scored in 5+ seasons.  Granted Mitts wasn't a 1OA, but still high expectations for a top 10 guy.  I consider Byfield a bigger "bust" than Lafreniere for the 2020 draft.

1 hour ago, Carmel Corn said:

IDK - he's scored about as many goals in 3 years as Mitts has scored in 5+ seasons.  Granted Mitts wasn't a 1OA, but still high expectations for a top 10 guy.  I consider Byfield a bigger "bust" than Lafreniere for the 2020 draft.

Fun question from that draft: if the Rags or Kings offered Lafreniere or Byfield to the Sabres straight up for JJ Peterka would anyone do it?

I wouldn’t and that is the crazy thing about drafts. Two guys that were very hyped top picks vs a guy drafted in the 2nd round and three years later there trajectories are very different.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Fun question from that draft: if the Rags or Kings offered Lafreniere or Byfield to the Sabres straight up for JJ Peterka would anyone do it?

I wouldn’t and that is the crazy thing about drafts. Two guys that were very hyped top picks vs a guy drafted in the 2nd round and three years later there trajectories are very different.

No way.  Not even close.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not giving up Peterka, but I would be interested in getting Lafreniere. 

Yeh he seems to have gotten into the dog house in NYC lost his confidence and cant find his way out... trade them Ollie and Bryson for him...

3 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Yeh he seems to have gotten into the dog house in NYC lost his confidence and cant find his way out... trade them Ollie and Bryson for him...

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

UPL/Comrie+joker for Laf? 

Why are people suggesting giving up 2 (meh) assets for LaFreniere?  Shouldn't 1 meh asset be enough to get 1 meh asset?

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Why are people suggesting giving up 2 (meh) assets for LaFreniere?  Shouldn't 1 meh asset be enough to get 1 meh asset?

Why would KA consider putting a road block up to his own drafted and currently developing choices?

Choices and development appears to be on solid ground by all indications to date.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Well I think that's just silly talk anyway. Rangers aren't going to ditch him to take on VO's salary, they'll want picks/prospects, not junk veterans or their salaries. 

I would look to bring him in as I see more upside with him than Greenway if you want to consider reclamation projects. 

Maybe it's wishful thinking but I remember him having good chemistry with Cozens at the Worlds and he has enough snarl and toughness in him to compliment well. I think he could contribute to our overall team and fit in well with the lowered expectation (from being a first pick). Fairly low risk big reward gamble imo. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Would you trade JJP or Quinn for 1 meh asset? 
Although he hasn’t been living up to the 1OA draft expectations, Lafreniere is the same age as Quinn and JJP and had more points than either last year with 16 goals, 39 points. People seem to be between 2 extremes in this thread, where he’s worth 2 firsts or basically nothing. I think it’s somewhere between, probably a first and a small add. (think Kirby Dach trade) 

Edited by sabresparaavida

16 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Although he hasn’t been living up to the 1OA draft expectations, Lafreniere is the same age as Quinn and JJP and had more points than either last year with 16 goals, 39 points. People seem to be between 2 extremes in this thread, where he’s worth 2 firsts or basically nothing. I think it’s somewhere between, probably a first and a small add. (think Kirby Dach trade) 

Nope.  And the Rags probably wouldn't want to make the trade from their side either.

If you can get him for a 2nd or equivalent (basically a 'meh' player), then sure pull the trigger on him.  But don't believe he really adds anything they don't already have; so don't want to give up even the 1st and small add.

IF the Rags are looking to get rid of him, somebody will probably give them that.  But can't see him being worth more than that and can't see him being worth that for this team.  The 'but he's a 1OA pick' really doesn't move the needle.  What your grades in school were (and where you went) get you your 1st job.  After that, what you've done in the real world supersedes that.

1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

Rosen and a 2nd OR a conditional 1st and a 3rd  would be the highest I'd go, but I would go that high. 

10 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I’m surprised you have such interest in a player who is far from what I’d guess to be a @PerreaultForever would be.

Perreault was the man, and that was when I first became a fan so that's the name I came up with off the top of my head. My favourite Sabre of the time was actually Rick Dudley and I really liked Danny Gare. As a (bad) D man playing hockey I wanted to be Schoenfeld. 

As for Lafreniere, I simply see him as a guy with elements we could use in our line up so if he's available why not? I'm not weakening our roster with that trade, I'm improving it. 

Edited by PerreaultForever

On 7/11/2023 at 4:50 PM, sweetlou said:

K'Andre Miller signs 2 years at AAV of $3.872.  

Makes the Samuelsson signing look better.

It does?  I think Miller is way better than Samuelsson.  Seems about right, verging on a bargain for Miller.  His next deal is going to be huge.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm surprised Dumba's still there. He must want too much and/or too much term. Probably turned down an early offer and his agent blew it as a result as teams ran out of money. 

There is still the Kane scenario. Otherwise there's nothing really there that helps us. 

Dumba might have a team lined up but has to wait for another show to fall first.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.