2023 Free Agent Frenzy (Non-Sabres)

Eleven

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I would have no problem if Adams signs Zadina to a one- or two-year low-value deal.  Maybe Granato can work his magic.

I also would have no problem if that doesn't happen.  

But it seems like a low-risk, high-potential-reward situation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I would have no problem if Adams signs Zadina to a one- or two-year low-value deal.  Maybe Granato can work his magic.

I also would have no problem if that doesn't happen.  

But it seems like a low-risk, high-potential-reward situation.

He can be dispatched if it doesn’t work out.

He chose termination to bet on himself so that is something. He could have made a few million from Detroit and playing in the minors.

Former Halifax Moosehead so @Sabres Fan in NSwould like that.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Is Jost in our top 12 with Quinn's injury?

I'm increasingly surly with the way this offseason is going

Assuredly 

Well, 2 of Jost, Olofsson, and Rousek, at least. Camp surprises notwithstanding 

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

I liked him. Wouldn’t have minded him back as the 13th man 

He got into 26 games last year.  With the possible exception of Olofsson (who technically is still here and may be here in October) they've brought back every single player that was ahead of him on the depth chart plus they'd likely like to see Rousek and Kulich some action this year.

There was no way he was coming back IMHO.  He wants to play.

10 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

The last thing they did past this date was get Skinner and that was Botterill

Once the nhl shuts down adams does the same 

It’s true, there might be a few moves here and there but usually the league is pretty quiet from now till camp 

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He got into 26 games last year.  With the possible exception of Olofsson (who technically is still here and may be here in October) they've brought back every single player that was ahead of him on the depth chart plus they'd likely like to see Rousek and Kulich some action this year.

Ya I don’t really see the forward unit as some impregnable force. I’d have him easily as man 13, that’s 1 injury away. Other words, he’s likely playing. I might even have him above someone like Jost.

Even if you sub Rousek for Quinn, that’s potentially the same 26 games for Hinostoza. They may have brought everyone back, but they didn’t add anyone new, either. I actually do think there’s room. To your point, maybe they’ll use any extra games to try and ease in rookies. Not what I would do but I could see them doing it 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I will be watching to see how the organization handles Kulich this year. Will he be given an opportunity to fill the roster spot left open by the injury to Quinn? Or for developmental reasons will the organization decide to make him a central player in Rochester so he will get an abundance of playing time in a variety of roles? It won't surprise me if Rousek makes the roster and becomes a fourth line player for us. I'll also be interested to see how Savoie is handled. What happens if in his introductory stint he plays like a dynamo? Will he stick on the permanent roster? There are so many interesting questions regarding the roster this upcoming season. It sure beats discussing the roster when there was a paucity of talent to work with. 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya I don’t really see the forward unit as some impregnable force. I’d have him easily as man 13, that’s 1 injury away. Other words, he’s likely playing. I might even have him above someone like Jost.

Well, he wasn't above ANYBODY currently on the roster at the end of the year.  Even Rousek got action ahead of him.

And now with Quinn out for 2-4 months, he should be 13.  But, were you in his shoes and only got into 1/3 of the games last year, why would you sign on again this year?

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

I will be watching to see how the organization handles Kulich this year. Will he be given an opportunity to fill the roster spot left open by the injury to Quinn? Or for developmental reasons will the organization decide to make him a central player in Rochester so he will get an abundance of playing time in a variety of roles? It won't surprise me if Rousek makes the roster and becomes a fourth line player for us. I'll also be interested to see how Savoie is handled. What happens if in his introductory stint he plays like a dynamo? Will he stick on the permanent roster? There are so many interesting questions regarding the roster this upcoming season. It sure beats discussing the roster when there was a paucity of talent to work with. 

My guess is nobody comes up this year and they just have VO take Quinn's spot and then when Quinn comes back maybe they try to flip VO at the deadline.

Like some of you I'd still like to see a headline grabbing move that would give me confidence about next year but I think this is likely it. 

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

My guess is nobody comes up this year and they just have VO take Quinn's spot and then when Quinn comes back maybe they try to flip VO at the deadline.

Like some of you I'd still like to see a headline grabbing move that would give me confidence about next year but I think this is likely it. 

In the Sabres history, they’ve made a jump from mediocre to very good three times:

Look at those teams, particularly their ages and where they came from. Not once was it sparked by a collection of flashy veteran outside additions. Every time it was sparked by a young, homegrown core that either arrived, or stepped into their fully formed selves at around the same time.

Apparently, it happens every 15 years or so.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.