A Top 4 Defenseman is Adams Top Priority per Lebrun

Brawndo

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

😄I spend way too much time around here and I don’t know that I’ve seen a single poster advocating that we acquire OEL.

Ive seen one asking if we should look into it, and a couple others fatalistically posting that we’ll probably end up with him.

Guess I need to pay more attention to what’s going on.

I don’t know much, but I do know that you should absolutely not do that.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, SwampD said:

Settle down. I’ve heard of every player in the NHL. It was a random thought that I wrote down. It wasn’t a commentary about how I feel about the state of the Sabres.

And hasn’t KA already mentioned that he’s not concerned with handedness.

Depends whether you care more about what he says, or what he does 

24 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Whomever Adams gets, it will be the wrong guy. That’s what I’m seeing.  Obvious is obvious. 😂

Hockey Messageboard Fandom 101:

Step 1: bitch that no trades are happening

Step 2: bitch that they kept the pick

Step 3: bitch that they picked the wrong player with the pick they should 

have traded.

Step 4: bitch that they didn’t make a deal at the draft

Step 5: comment on every other trade that was made and say that Adams should have done that even though it wouldn’t help the team at all

Step 6: bitch that the Sabres haven’t signed anyone at 12:01 on July 1st

STEP 7: bitch about the signings that they made

Step 8: log in everyday over the summer to bitch about the state of the team.

Buckle Up😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

have traded.

Step 5: comment on every other trade that was made and say that Adams should have done that even though it wouldn’t help the team at all

Buckle Up😁

…and then there is the guy taking the time to document the bitching. 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

Report out of Vancouver that Ryan Graves not planning on signing with Canada.

I think Pesce and Hanifin are more attractive pieces and better players, but Graves certainly fits what we are looking for and you have to think he’s high on our radar, and probably vice versa.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Report out of Vancouver that Ryan Graves not planning on signing with Canada.

I think Pesce and Hanifin are more attractive pieces and better players, but Graves certainly fits what we are looking for and you have to think he’s high on our radar, and probably vice versa.

Do you mean *in* Canada? Is he from Vancouver?

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

have traded.

Buckle Up😁

56 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

…and then there is the guy taking the time to document the bitching. 😂

Seriously. Who does the first post even refer to? One guy, if that? So tiring 

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

have traded.

Buckle Up😁

toss-thrown-into-water.gif

• Haha (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Sabres are ready for their Diggs trade

God, I hope not. No Super Bowl, a bunch of drama, and the 1st rounder we sent to the Vikings was used on a younger, better WR than Diggs. Great stats, but that’s been about it. 

1 minute ago, kas23 said:

God, I hope not. No Super Bowl, a bunch of drama, and the 1st rounder we sent to the Vikings was used on a younger, better WR than Diggs. Great stats, but that’s been about it. 

Congrats on the worst post of the day

Try, the inflection point in the elevation of a franchise from two decades in the grave to indefinite championship contention such that the "massive disappointment" which has led to the most pathetic offseason I've ever seen from a buffalo fanbase, elegantly summarized here, involved a home playoff victory before falling in the divisional round, something that was a pipe dream the 25 years before the trade 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, RETURNTOGLORY said:

Would you make a play for Karlsson? 

No.  Wrong type of player, wrong salary, probably too high a price.  IMHO, we just needs few guys who play a boring, steady game.

Oh, and welcome to the board!

Edited by Marvin
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Congrats on the worst post of the day

Try, the inflection point in the elevation of a franchise from two decades in the grave to indefinite championship contention such that the "massive disappointment" which has led to the most pathetic offseason I've ever seen from a buffalo fanbase, elegantly summarized here, involved a home playoff victory before falling in the divisional round, something that was a pipe dream the 25 years before the trade 

Lol. I think you’re confusing our QB with our WR. All the stuff you mentioned would’ve happened Diggs or no Diggs. Is it a coincidence our WRs seem to have career years once playing for Buffalo?

Edited by kas23

47 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Lol. I think you’re confusing our QB with our WR. All the stuff you mentioned would’ve happened Diggs or no Diggs. Is it a coincidence our WRs seem to have career years once playing for Buffalo?

I didn't call the trade the "reason" they became great, but it absolutely was the inflection point - "all systems go, we are ready, go get Allen his Alpha Target"

Going back to my original point, the Sabres need that exact thing - they don't need to trade for a "reason" to become great - they are just about there. They need the move that signals they are all in, and turns their most important potential weakness into a strength.

And that's without getting into the nuance that you cannot assert Bills definitely would have taken Jefferson had they kept that pick, and Jefferson (who ran limited route tree his rookie year) would have been better for Allen at that particular juncture than a vet WR who went on to shatter all franchise WR records that season and can run every route in the playbook, but i digress

Edited by Randall Flagg

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I didn't call the trade the "reason" they became great, but it absolutely was the inflection point - "all systems go, we are ready, go get Allen his Alpha Target"

Going back to my original point, the Sabres need that exact thing - they don't need to trade for a "reason" to become great - they are just about there. They need the move that signals they are all in, and turns their most important potential weakness into a strength.

And that's without getting into the nuance that you cannot assert Bills definitely would have taken Jefferson had they kept that pick, and Jefferson (who ran limited route tree his rookie year) would have been better for Allen at that particular juncture than a vet WR who went on to shatter all franchise WR records that season and can run every route in the playbook, but i digress

Abso-friggen-lutly

Maybe I’m drinking the cool-aide too hard but the Sabres looked very good for long stretches last year with one of the youngest teams in the league.  The kids who we needed to see develop and become leaders did that before our very eyes.  It feels like a billseque step may be coming if they can add that big piece or two to a young group littered with talent.  Now is the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

What kind of contract do we expect Soucy to get?  And would we be happy with giving him that money?

He's the type of player I'd love to see them target for the right price.  Lefty but can play on the right side if needed.  Has played bottom pairing minutes his whole career but I think there's potential there to be a #4.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.