A Top 4 Defenseman is Adams Top Priority per Lebrun

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Sabres are ready for their Diggs trade

So, do the Sabres end up with Pesce or Hannifan (or something off the board) with that 1st rounder and is it Smishev (sp?), ASP, or some other D-man that turns into the kid that almost immediately replaces his production/play making both teams HUGE winners in the deal?

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, do the Sabres end up with Pesce or Hannifan (or something off the board) with that 1st rounder and is it Smishev (sp?), ASP, or some other D-man that turns into the kid that almost immediately replaces his production/play making both teams HUGE winners in the deal?

If you had a choice between Pesce or Hannifan, which would you choose, assuming the price was similar?

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you had a choice between Pesce or Hannifan, which would you choose, assuming the price was similar?

Good question.  Too close to bed time to decide that right now.  Will try to remember to come back to it tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

For one more data point, I would prefer Pesce because I prefer his handedness, and think that he is more finely tuned to cover most of the things our defense corps lacks than Hanifin (who is by no means poorly-tuned for us)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Good question.  Too close to bed time to decide that right now.  Will try to remember to come back to it tomorrow.

There are too many pleasurable things to think about before hitting the sack. Ruminating over one of my hockey questions shouldn't be one of them. Sleep well and refresh yourself for tomorrow.   It is going to be an exciting day for Sabre fans. 🍷

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

We aren't getting any of them so what's the next list 

If you get neither player then you go down the list and add the next best defenders you can get. Not that complicated. Where you can get better, you get better. 

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Jones is a left shot but I believe he played a bunch of right side in Chicago. Honestly for a 26yr old defender with size, I have no idea what Chicago is doing.

He's 6'1" 194lbs so I should rephrase that and say "average size" 

I could see Adams doing this instead of OEL if the price is right.

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Jones is a left shot but I believe he played a bunch of right side in Chicago. Honestly for a 26yr old defender with size, I have no idea what Chicago is doing.

He's 6'1" 194lbs so I should rephrase that and say "average size" 

Probably trying to give the other brother a message to say hey we don't want you either

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Welcome.  We also have free drinks.

If you are giving out free drinks it explains trading a 13th overall pick for a *checks notes* 3rd line center. 

Top 4rd though, I am there. 

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Probably trying to give the other brother a message to say hey we don't want you either

They signed Seth to his 8yr 9.5mil deal. I hope Chicago continues to give out crap deals like that. That franchise can rot. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

If you are giving out free drinks it explains trading a 13th overall pick for a *checks notes* 3rd line center. 

Top 4rd though, I am there. 

This actually is a more accurate statement of my view.  Unless the 3d line center is Mike Peca.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This actually is a more accurate statement of my view.  Unless the 3d line center is Mike Peca.

You never know who might be available. There can be a lot of value in a quality 3C.  Right now candidates for 3C are Jost, Krebs and ….

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.