A Top 4 Defenseman is Adams Top Priority per Lebrun

Brawndo

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Ik right? I feel really good about our defense as it stands. 

Not only is our defense upgraded with the additions of these two player but also our PK should be improved. Improving the PK is an aspect of the game that needed to be addressed. And it appears that has been. 

34 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If accompanied by a nice looking goalie add (increasingly less likely), I think the signings on D look great. Without that, the signings to me look pretty good.

I think this is a reasonable take.

I like the signings alot.  Checks all the boxes I had labeled.  Leadership. Playoff proven. D first. RH. Reasonable expectations to fill the hole they were signed to fill.

Get rid of the uncertainty in goal and this is an unconditional expectation of playoffs.  With the uncertainty in goal there is the condition of requiring average goaltending from a group that has not proven average to date.

I am more optimistic than before the signings, but still cautiously.

• Like (+1) 4

Something has to give. Levi, UPL, Comrie. If no moves are made Levi is up, UPL has to clear waivers and will be claimed so he can’t go down. They would try to sneak Comrie down.

Problem is they signed to very strong AHL goalies in Tokarski and Cooley. Neither one would be sent down to the ECHL to make room for Comrie.

Combine this with the amount of dman they have at both Buffalo and Rochester with the Clague signing that a move has to be coming.

A package including some of UPL, Joker, VO, Bryson for a better goalie is my guess.

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Something has to give. Levi, UPL, Comrie. If no moves are made Levi is up, UPL has to clear waivers and will be claimed so he can’t go down. They would try to sneak Comrie down.

Problem is they signed to very strong AHL goalies in Tokarski and Cooley. Neither one would be sent down to the ECHL to make room for Comrie.

Combine this with the amount of dman they have at both Buffalo and Rochester with the Clague signing that a move has to be coming.

A package including some of UPL, Joker, VO, Bryson for a better goalie is my guess.

Umm, actually, should Comrie (or UPL) clear waivers, they most certainly would send Cooley down to the ECHL.  Thing is, they don't expect Comrie (nor UPL) to clear waivers.  Which is why Tokarski, who has played well in VERY short stints in the NHL, is getting $450k to play in the AHL.  He's the emergency 3 should one of the top 2 goalies go down.  They don't seem to expect to be able to get Comrie &/or UPL back into the AHL.  So they have the "s### has blown up" option in Tokarski.

Hoping another move or 2 are coming, but if one doesn't work out Adams has his plan C (or plan D) in place.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.