GDT: The real semifinal. Round 3.

Eleven

9 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

We're on a forum talking about hockey, just because you don't agree why should the subject be over?

So... I guess I gotta take to to the next level.  Not only put @Thorny on Ignore, but also everyone who quotes him.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I love it. Seriously. What’s even funnier is that one of them is going to win it before McDavid.

I really wished that Eichel got traded to a team like Columbus or something, where he could have been equally losery

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I love it. Seriously. What’s even funnier is that one of them is going to win it before McDavid.

Just how we planned it

---------------------------

Ignoring Thorny is lame. He's probably the funniest and smartest guy here 

Edited by Randall Flagg

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Ignoring Thorny is lame. He's probably the funniest and smartest guy here 

Oh I think he's a great guy.  He just talks about Eichel too much.

And it's the same conversation over and over.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I don't even know how to use the feature so it was said in fun but by all means, I'm not sure what I'd do without your hot takes 🙂 

If I put you on Ignore, you'd still see my posts.  I just wouldn't see yours.

I put a lot of people on Ignore.  I usually take them off Ignore eventually unless they are ridiculous trolls in which case they end up banned anyway.  Basically if I have the same argument with someone over and over and it's not productive and it gets to the point that I get frustrated, I take a break from them.  It doesn't mean I hate them, it's just that it's ground that's been covered already and no one is changing anyone's mind.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I put a lot of people on Ignore.  I usually take them off Ignore eventually unless they are ridiculous trolls in which case they end up banned anyway.  Basically if I have the same argument with someone over and over and it's not productive and it gets to the point that I get frustrated, I take a break from them.  It doesn't mean I hate them, it's just that it's ground that's been covered already and no one is changing anyone's mind.

That’s a good way to use the feature. I use it a little differently. Once I put someone on ignore it’s for good. Their opinions and takes are so inconsequential to my enjoyment of the forum that I will never need to engage with them again. And everyone here has strong opinions, so much so, that no one ever changes anyone’s mind about anything. So it’s people are stating their opinion (sometimes confused with facts) about a topic. Not really for debating or influencing. At least that’s how I see it. But I can certainly understand your use of the ignore feature with taking a break from posters at certain times 👍🏼

24 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If anyone was making my life that miserable I would probably just stay off completely, so far so good on here!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

That’s a good way to use the feature. I use it a little differently. Once I put someone on ignore it’s for good. Their opinions and takes are so inconsequential to my enjoyment of the forum that I will never need to engage with them again. And everyone here has strong opinions, so much so, that no one ever changes anyone’s mind about anything. So it’s people are stating their opinion (sometimes confused with facts) about a topic. Not really for debating or influencing. At least that’s how I see it. But I can certainly understand your use of the ignore feature with taking a break from posters at certain times 👍🏼

267.thumb.jpg.98d21b94412b55358d08498e2d734d86.jpg

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Maybe I am easily influenced but some of my opinions have been changed by a good discussion or two.

I also find that some people identify UFAs or trade targets I hadn’t considered. People discuss strategy, tactics and analytics that I was unaware of.

A few posters have an area of focus that makes them interesting to read and can teach me something (salary cap, draft, FA status details, analytics, AHL rules etc…)

6 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Maybe I am easily influenced but some of my opinions have been changed by a good discussion or two.

Oh, I change my mind all the time.  But sometimes I just don't agree with someone on a given point and that person is rather outspoken on that point and I don't want to have the same discussion/argument again and again.

• Like (+1) 1

Sadly yes... due to bad coaching, bad GM decisions and no competent goalie... spilt milk but im hoping... it appears the Sabres are finally on the right track... again we shall see but it is getting old.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Are we gearing up for the ex-Sabres Cup final?  Eichel, Carrier and McNabb vs Reinhart, Montour and Fitzgerald?

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo is just cursed lol 😆 

Just can't explain it

I feel like you are explaining it though. 

I'd like to blame fans for their lack of positivity and how it drives up all the negative energy surrounding the team such that the spirits drawn to the Buffalo area are those who thrive on misery.

If everyone just cheer up a bit and stop hating on ex-players perhaps the more positive spirits would be drawn to Buffalo and then the fans could feel joy.

Definitely a curse. 🙂

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, LTS said:

If everyone just cheer up a bit and stop hating on ex-players perhaps the more positive spirits would be drawn to Buffalo and then the fans could feel joy.

As the kids say: I fu*k with this.

(Well - they used to say it. Once an old head like me starts to use the phrase, it's over.)

More seriously: I'm not going to waste time or energy hating former players and rooting against their success.

Like James Brown once said: "The long hair hippies and the afro blacks / They all get together across the tracks /
And they parrrrrtaay."

(Wait - what?)

21 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Dalpe 

Okay - I have zero memory of that guy.

Is it acceptable to have always thought (from the time he was drafted) that Eichel had a cocky, arrogant, unlikeable personality, And that personality rubs me the wrong way? Is that ok? I think it is. 

And now that he no longer wears the sweater of the team I am a fan of, paired with the first interview he gave after he played in Buffalo as a Knight, had caused me to like him even less? Is that ok? Is it OK that I don’t want him to succeed in his career? Or is that too insensitive and hurts fans of Eichels feelings? Good grief.

• Like (+1) 1

Imagine your team gets to the conference finals, and then the captain does something as awful and stupid as what Benn did last night, and THEN, on top of that, imagine him refusing to speak to the media in the post game and then further refusing to own what he did the next day?