GDT: Sabres @ Panthers - Feb. 24, 2023, 7pm, MSG, WGR

LGR4GM

I’ve been just sort of mapping out the Sabres path to a possible 8th seed in 5-10 game increments.

I certainly knew the road gets tougher come March. But man, I just looked at the schedule.

I thought 5/10 points to finish the month would be quality. But man. I wish we did better to open up post ASB to give us some wiggle room come March. 

EDIT: This wasn’t the first time I’ve looked at the March schedule. Sometimes I just try and take stuff in digestible and actionable chunks. This week was the first time I had to fully digest March. 

Edited by Mango

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I’ve been just sort of mapping out the Sabres path to a possible 8th seed in 5-10 game increments.

I certainly knew the road gets tougher come March. But man, I just looked at the schedule.

I thought 5/10 points to finish the month would be quality. But man. I wish we did better to open up post ASB to give us some wiggle room come March. 

Hopefully after today the “schedule is too hard” stuff gets put to bed 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sweetlou said:

I said it first after the Toronto game that UPL won't play again until home game against Columbus.  If he plays well he stays up with Buffalo. If UPL has another off night he will be sent down to play for Amerks while the two vets make the playoff push in Buffalo.

I was actually hoping we’d start to see Anderson at home. Goaltending has been tough at at KBC, and Anderson has the best number in Buffalo by a decent margin I believe. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I was actually hoping we’d start to see Anderson at home. Goaltending has been tough at at KBC, and Anderson has the best number in Buffalo by a decent margin I believe. 

Anderson has by *far* our best numbers. I’d play him as much as possible, the other two you are picking between sub 900 sv%s and Comrie in particular is below .890.

It’s a pickle. I think you just play Craig as much a possible and revamp the position in the offseason. Maybe Levi and one steady vet above him 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.