Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

52 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Bills seem to handle Miami, and for the most part, KC, better than the rest of the league.  Jets, Jacksonville, and Cincy I don't have much confidence with them playing.

Fortunately, only one of the 3 that the Bills have issues with will likely make the playoffs this season.  The 2 good teams that they play very well against are going to be 2 of the other 6 playoff squads.

Losing Milano is huge, but they've fought through him being out of the lineup due to injuries before.  Hopefully they can do it again.

Have no idea why any of this officiating crew is reffing at this level, much less getting a premier game.  They give Hochuli's crew a run for its money as the worst in pro sports.

8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I am on twitter mostly to follow Buffalo sports writers/bloggers.  But when the Bills lose I absolutely cannot go to twitter for a few days... it's unreadable.

I will be ignoring wgr at least until Thursday because of this very thing. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Hate short term usage turf fields.

Totally get why the soccer team doesn't want a football game played on their normal pitch.  But if they can keep that alive and well for a few weeks while it's hidden under the stands, they can keep a 2nd grass field alive and well too.  

Up and down team, now cursed with key injuries. 

So I take them one week at a time with zero expectations.  

They play the Giants next and their QB is hurt and may miss the game.  So the goal is now 4-2 .  Probably have to go 8-4 the rest of the way to get in the playoffs. Imposing schedule.  Odds are against them now. The have too many bouts of implosion. 

1 minute ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Former bill zack moss 165yds today. Couldn’t play here. 

Moss is one of those guys that needs a lot of carries to get into a groove.  Was not going to happen in Buffalo.  Good for him that he's doing well.  Stinks that Hines is injured all year for the Bills, but that was a good trade for both teams.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Moss is one of those guys that needs a lot of carries to get into a groove.  Was not going to happen in Buffalo.  Good for him that he's doing well.  Stinks that Hines is injured all year for the Bills, but that was a good trade for both teams.

Agreed.

Moss is playing well, but I don't think hes better than he was when he was here. Put him on this Bills team and I still don't want him starting. He is doing well in the situation he is in.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Agreed.

Moss is playing well, but I don't think hes better than he was when he was here. Put him on this Bills team and I still don't want him starting. He is doing well in the situation he is in.

True.  But this might've been his last hurrah with Taylor signing the 3 year extension this past week.  They didn't sign him to sit him.

Jones being lost for the season as well will just be too much for this team. They will make the playoffs and maybe even win the division but these injuries are not happening to pro bowlers, they are happening to all pros. Meanwhile, it's so fun to watch the refs help KC along as much as possible. I have never seen treatment like that in all my years. What is going on over there? Did you see the refs tell the guy to put his helmet back on??!! The darlings of the NFL will will roll into the SB yet again. 

6 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

I just thought the whole setup by the NFL was unfair. Jags are there for an extra week and are fully adjusted to the schedule and the field. Oh Well.

Just hope for the best for Milano.

And it also removes a home game from the bills’ schedule. If Jacksonville wants to play over there so badly, they should be losing the home games. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

nice deflection...smh... let me say again, if you don't like the criticism after a bad loss, don't come on ... 

I find it funny that you equate whining with criticism. I guess that's you tacitly admitting that you whine all the time.

11 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Losing Jones, Milano, and White in 2 games.  Cursed!

Sure seems that way.

I give Beane credit for making sure they have depth in numbers... but you never wish to see it come to options 2 and 3 at multiple positions. I do detest artificial turf and bad soccer stadium fields, just so the NFL can make $. 

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yuck.  But at least he knows the system.  Would rather have Wallace back if the Stillers aren't outrageous in a potential ask for him.

There aren't any good options. After yesterday, I'm starting to believe that God hates the Buffalo Bills. Went from a solid SB contender to a team that will struggle to make the wild card, imo. The single worst day for injuries I can recollect in over 50 years of watching the team. The last two weeks has just devastated what was shaping up to be a really superior D. 

16 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

This isn't good guys Is your team really giving up on this year ?

He's very experienced in the system that McDermott runs (having played it for years in Carolina).  He's only being brought to the practice squad.  Until we see him lining up for real snaps am hoping that he's here to help guys like Elam and the PS guys to get up to speed quicker and to help any other adds to the PS to get up to speed quicker.  Aka, see him as a player coach more than an answer as a player.

(That's the hope at least.)

• Like (+1) 1