Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He's very experienced in the system that McDermott runs (having played it for years in Carolina).  He's only being brought to the practice squad.  Until we see him lining up for real snaps am hoping that he's here to help guys like Elam and the PS guys to get up to speed quicker and to help any other adds to the PS to get up to speed quicker.  Aka, see him as a player coach more than an answer as a player.

(That's the hope at least.)

You guys would be better off trading two first  ,2nd for Patrick Surtain 

I don't understand why the bills aren't going all in .

Windows only last so long 

I didn’t get to watch much of the Jax game. I read that Elam got benched for Ingram. Man alive. The guy is firmly in bust territory. He has the physical tools - he just can’t implement McDermott’s scheme.

Which brings me to Surtain. My sense is that McDermott’s nuanced zone heavy D  is something that makes it impracticable to plug and play a guy. Otoh, there’s a long season ahead - plenty of time to catch on. Given the learning curve, it just may not make financial sense in the end. Has this Bills team brought in defenders through trades in the past? (Have they known the system?)

21 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

The problem is cap space. The Bills only have 2.5M & Surtain’s salary is about 5M. 

Never gotten into how the NFL cap works, but do they not get any relief for three players going out for the season?  If not, the system is messed up.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

And they want to have a superbowil in London now 

I didn't hear that. Would I want a Superbowl in London personally? Not really, but I watch the game only on television so it wouldn't bother me that much. 

I'd rather have the superbowl there once or even once very few years...rather than having so many regular season games over there.

4 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I didn't hear that. Would I want a Superbowl in London personally? Not really, but I watch the game only on television so it wouldn't bother me that much. 

I'd rather have the superbowl there once or even once very few years...rather than having so many regular season games over there.

How in the world would "we" watch the super bowl  1pm?

That's a no for me 

Edited by Buffalonill