Jakob Chychrun scratched for trade related reasons

Brawndo

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Pegula has never, ever resisted spending money to try to win.  The examples are myriad.  He's made big offers to Babcock, Bylsma, Eichel, Tavares, Richards, Ehrhoff, Leino, Hodgson, Okposo, was ready to do so w/ Stamkos, and many others that do not immediately come to mind.  His GMs haven't always made smart decisions, but the money always has been there until Adams decided to take things a little more slowly (this is not intended as a criticism of Adams; I have other criticisms but this ain't one).

Don’t forget they were in on Parise and Suter with huge offers.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

All i know Adams cant be this dumb to potentially have over 30 million on this blue line thats just idiotic. 

Sounds like a kick ass blue line 

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

I remember a time when KA was on WGR and was asked why he didn't re-sign Ullmark. He said that he and his staff placed a value on the player and weren't willing to go beyond the contract boundaries that they set. He pointed out that this franchise has gotten into a cap bind because it didn't have the discipline and fortitude to say no. He made the point that there will be players that they want to keep but based on how the operation was now going to function they won't be able to keep or pursue some players on the market because of the cost to value ratio. 

If you look at the contracts that have been given to Tage, Sameulsson and Cozens, these can't be categorized as outsized deals (like the Skinner deal) .They could better be described as fair-value deals. If you look at our free agent pickups such as Lyubushkin and Comrie they fall within the value approach to signing players. If you include the Jost pickup all these (ancillary) players are smart and cost-effective additions. 

My general point is that this franchise is being run more smartly and analytically. 

Ullmark decision good for contrasting that the process doesn’t lead to ALL good decisions 

24 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Sounds like a kick ass blue line 

Ullmark decision good for contrasting that the process doesn’t lead to ALL good decisions 

I felt not signing Ullmark, even for the premium price that he was demanding, was a mistake. But from an overview standpoint, the GM and organization have been for the most part sound with their player and contract stances. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

I felt not signing Ullmark, even for the premium price that he was demanding, was a mistake. But from an overview standpoint, the GM and organization have been for the most part sound with their player and contract stances. 

This is the context under which I accept the Ullmark decision. The understanding that the same process that led to that undesirable outcome, on the goalie front, is the process that has resulted in so many other successful roster decisions. No GM bats 1.000 so what I think we are seeing occasionally are exceptions like Ullmark that prove the rule of the process  

• Like (+1) 2

Maybe hes a cancer I see the coyotes  have a winning  Point streak With him out.

That's alarming everyone

14 points in their last 10 games, wins over Tampa and Nashville included, and played a good game and lost in OT vs a streaking Kings team.  Arizona isn't 'good' but they are improving.

Maybe hes a cancer I see the coyotes  have a winning  Point streak With him out.

That's alarming everyone

Maybe he's hurt? Something minor and Coyotes are like scratching him for an injury would be a bad look.

11 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Honestly this is Ridiculous nhl should step in and make them play him now or fine them. Till a deal is officially done

I agree with you. Not sure what NHL can do, but it's ridiculous. Teams fighting for positioning in the west are able to face a Coyotes team without one of their stars. For a game or two, when a deal is close, sure, but the way it's been its a joke. He's gonna be rusty wherever he goes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.