Jakob Chychrun scratched for trade related reasons

Brawndo

12 hours ago, Curt said:

After 11 years of no playoffs, 16 years of not being a Cup contender, and daily visits to this board, I’m calling this an empty threat.

It's not. I was on the fence two years ago and I said here that if they didn't deconstruct and get rid of the rot I was gone. They did and I stayed. I've felt a rise in potential so I'm still here, but I've also stated repeatedly that I think they missed an opportunity to actually compete this year with their all our own draft picks approach and it's long time line. If this new crop busts I'm going full Kraken. 

• dislike 1

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's not. I was on the fence two years ago and I said here that if they didn't deconstruct and get rid of the rot I was gone. They did and I stayed. I've felt a rise in potential so I'm still here, but I've also stated repeatedly that I think they missed an opportunity to actually compete this year with their all our own draft picks approach and it's long time line. If this new crop busts I'm going full Kraken. 

Bye. Seriously if you wanna bandwagon that's fine, I get it but I'm not going to sympathize with that. 

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Almost 7,000 posts and 5 years in ... face it, my friend, you are one of us and you are not going anywhere.  I can almost (who am I kidding ?? No I can't) excuse the Bruins thing you have going on.

• Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't sympathize with your line of reasoning. There is no secret to what the GM's plan is to rebuild the roster and organization. He's publicly stated it literally hundreds, if not more than a thousand, times. He's going to primarily rebuild this franchise with his draft prospects. It's the standard "draft and development" approach. It's not a novel or a quick fix approach to rebuilding for any franchise. And when this type of endeavor is taken on it is rare that it is an even or smooth process.  It takes time and patience. However, if you have been following this team there is no doubt that since KA has taken over the hockey operation, the trajectory clearly is upward. I understand your impatience and frustration. But the worst thing this front office staff can do is react to the frustration and deviate from the course that it is on. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Almost 7,000 posts and 5 years in ... face it, my friend, you are one of us and you are not going anywhere.  I can almost (who am I kidding ?? No I can't) excuse the Bruins thing you have going on.

One of us 

one of us 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

A Sabres fan on another board proposed:

Muel, Peterka, Joker and a 2nd for Chychrun

and a couple other fans chimed in that Adams wouldn’t have the balls to pull off that trade.

I think I need to take a break for my mental health at this point.🤯😳

Substitute "stupidity" for "balls."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

22 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So you wanted the Sabres to do what Detroit did? 

16 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Heck of a good game with Dallas tonight. Very good hockey. Zacha looking like a steal, at least in this one. That was good hockey and it would be nice if the Sabres could play at that level one day. 

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

So you wanted the Sabres to do what Detroit did? 

In a way. A few key additions to fill those obvious holes that everyone keeps talking about all season. A center, another D man and a goalie.   It didn't have to change the dynamic and the idea of drafting your own guys, developing and all that. Just tapping the accelerator a little to get out of the mud (or maybe snow bank since it's Buffalo).

11 hours ago, JohnC said:

I don't sympathize with your line of reasoning. There is no secret to what the GM's plan is to rebuild the roster and organization. He's publicly stated it literally hundreds, if not more than a thousand, times. He's going to primarily rebuild this franchise with his draft prospects. It's the standard "draft and development" approach. It's not a novel or a quick fix approach to rebuilding for any franchise. And when this type of endeavor is taken on it is rare that it is an even or smooth process.  It takes time and patience. However, if you have been following this team there is no doubt that since KA has taken over the hockey operation, the trajectory clearly is upward. I understand your impatience and frustration. But the worst thing this front office staff can do is react to the frustration and deviate from the course that it is on. 

As I've said a thousand times, there is a middle ground. 

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

In a way. A few key additions to fill those obvious holes that everyone keeps talking about all season. A center, another D man and a goalie.   It didn't have to change the dynamic and the idea of drafting your own guys, developing and all that. Just tapping the accelerator a little to get out of the mud (or maybe snow bank since it's Buffalo).

The Sabres added a center and a goalie. If you hate this team and Adams so much why keep coming back? Also Detroit is trash and they added all those overpriced ufas you wanted. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

The GM has added a goalie in Comrie, a defenseman in Lyubushkin and later, a center in Jost. In each addition no assets were given up. Are more additions outside of our system needed? Of course. It's undeniable that there are still needs to be addressed. The offseason is the better time when the roster can be reworked with trades and free agent acquisitions. 

There is no quick fix. And there never was! The rebuild for the Sabres, as it is for any team undergoing the excruciating process, is never always linear. The most meaningful question that constantly has to be invoked throughout the process is: Are we better off tomorrow than we were yesterday? Since KA was installed as the GM the answer has been a resounding yes. It's a frustrating process for the fans to withstand. You either go along with it or you jump ship. Then when the situation calms/stabilizes you get back on board. If that's what you want to do, then do it. I'm along for the turbulent ride.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, JohnC said:

The GM has added a goalie in Comrie, a defenseman in Lyubushkin and later, a center in Jost. In each addition no assets were given up. Are more additions outside of our system needed? Of course. It's undeniable that there are still needs to be addressed. The offseason is the better time when the roster can be reworked with trades and free agent acquisitions. 

There is no quick fix. And there never was! The rebuild for the Sabres, as it is for any team undergoing the excruciating process, is never always linear. The most meaningful question that constantly has to be invoked throughout the process is: Are we better off tomorrow than we were yesterday? Since KA was installed as the GM the answer has been a resounding yes. It's a frustrating process for the fans to withstand. You either go along with it or you jump ship. Then when the situation calms/stabilizes you get back on board. If that's what you want to do, then do it. I'm along for the turbulent ride.

Never always linear but anyways never linear amirite 

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The Sabres added a center and a goalie. If you hate this team and Adams so much why keep coming back? Also Detroit is trash and they added all those overpriced ufas you wanted. 

Oh just stop with that nonsense. 

A good center not a waiver wire pick up and a good goalie, not a career back up who never plays. If UPL didn't step up and surprise people with his good (but inconsistent) play where would this team be? Talking about Bedard I suspect. 

• dislike 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

A good center not a waiver wire pick up and a good goalie, not a career back up who never plays. If UPL didn't step up and surprise people with his good (but inconsistent) play where would this team be? Talking about Bedard I suspect. 

Anderson barely plays and the other two goalies have a *sub .900* sv%. Scoring is up, but it’s not the 80s. Our goaltending has been Balls, presumably by choice given Adams’ aptitude in other areas. No goalie has stepped up 

no reason we shouldn’t ask for and expect substantial improvement on that front next year. We’ve accomplished nearly nothing at the position in years, and the potential mineable value there is extreme given its deficit relative to other positions. 

I get we are on the Levi timeline and all the eggs are there but we certainly need a plan B if he doesn’t work out (so I hope there’s a contingency) and realistically we need someone for next season, too, if he’s not ready to be a 45 game starter year 1. 

we’re whistling dixie through a battlefield if we enter into a season next year, where the EXPECTATION is playoffs, with our current goalie configuration. Don’t think playoffs could be reasonably predicted in that scenario. We don’t have a goalie currently who can carry the mail 

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Which center should the Sabres have added in UFA who is better than Cozens or Tage? Which one? Please tell us. 

Comrie was it. There wasn't anyone else that was coming here. He didn't play because for some reason everyone thinks upl is even decent. Or Anderson should get starts.

You're nonsense is the worst. You talk about wanting to be a kraken fan because Adams hasn't personally written you to tell you his plan. 

• dislike 1

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Which center should the Sabres have added in UFA who is better than Cozens or Tage? Which one? Please tell us. 

Comrie was it. There wasn't anyone else that was coming here. He didn't play because for some reason everyone thinks upl is even decent. Or Anderson should get starts.

You're nonsense is the worst. You talk about wanting to be a kraken fan because Adams hasn't personally written you to tell you his plan. 

Everyone always forgets that they traded for Murray but he turned it down, they talked to John Gibson and maybe Jake Allen. It’s not like they didn’t try.

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Wait, you didn’t get a letter in the mail from KA? Honestly I thought we all did. Awkward! 

- - - 

I don’t really care what happens w/Comrie, particularly, failing a scenario where we are told, because it didn’t happen this year, we need to use next year to “evaluate” Comrie 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.