Jakob Chychrun scratched for trade related reasons

Brawndo

16 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well for one, Chychrun isn't just for this season, he'd be signed for 2 more years on top of that. Gives you a very solid D core. My point about Boston was they already have a D much better than us. What they need is a scoring forward as Taylor Hall be Taylor Hall'ing it again this year. 

I personally couldn't care less about trading away Rosen and a future pick(s) if we got a solid return like Chychrun. Rosen may never make this team imo. Might, might not. Kulich I'd be more reluctant on but I'd consider it. This year's first has to be lottery protected but they can have next years because honestly, if this team is still worried about where they pick next year I'm likely giving up on them. I'm tired of waiting. 

After 11 years of no playoffs, 16 years of not being a Cup contender, and daily visits to this board, I’m calling this an empty threat.

• Haha (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I imagine this is Cal Petersen with His NTC 

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Wouldn't that be great, Cal Petersen.......exercising his career path journey in to a "HI, I'm Cal Petersen, and I will torch all teams who attempt to give me opportunity" journey

Priceless 🤣 

I think it IS Cal Petersen.  I just read something about Arizona needing a long-term back-up for Vejmelka.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Curt said:

After 11 years of no playoffs, 16 years of not being a Cup contender, and daily visits to this board, I’m calling this an empty threat.

Not only that. But the tired, and inaccurate sentiment of prospects not making the NHL. That has been said so so so so much. About so so so many prospects who do in fact eventually make the NHL. In recent memory, Reinhart, Olofsson, Peterka, when Cozens was struggling early on, I remember rumblings about Miller when he was drafted not making the NHL ever because he was a fifth round draft pick. It’s a tired characterization of prospects that happen every year. 

In the mean time, it was rumored yesterday over on HF that some posters friend sisters husband's cousin from his step uncles third aunts ex husband's father's brothers grandsons side reported flying with Chychrun to Denver, a reported Hub city with direct flights to everywhere.

Has anyone checked on Chychrun at the Denver Airport? Has he run out of food? What about water? And where is he sleeping, under some newspaper in the parking garage, level 3?

I am concerned.......

Cal, think of the chychruns, your a selfish person 😀

Edited by Scottysabres

Chychrun has been out there forever with no one stepping up to meet the ask.

Yotes have decided the time is now to make the deal; the price isn't going to go up in June or next March.

They have an offer in the table that they might have to take if no one beats it, but they are trying their damnedest to get someone to beat it — or the current leader to up their offer —  before they pull the trigger. All this noise is coming from them.

Somebody is sitting there waiting quietly, calling their bluff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Chychrun has been out there forever with no one stepping up to meet the ask.

Yotes have decided the time is now to make the deal; the price isn't going to go up in June or next March.

They have an offer in the table that they might have to take if no one beats it, but they are trying their damnedest to get someone to beat it — or the current leader to up their offer —  before they pull the trigger. All this noise is coming from them.

Somebody is sitting there waiting quietly, calling their bluff.

They are getting desperate if they are willing to retain salary. His contract is already good, it must be a team or teams that are tight to the cap willing to make one last pitch.

18 minutes ago, Hank said:

John Scott said on his podcast he heard Byfield and Clark from the Kings. 

That’s funny because Friedman is saying the exact opposite.  He says that he’s heard those are the two prospects who are off the table.

Also, that seems like it would definitely be an overpay by LA.  

Edited by Curt

18 minutes ago, Curt said:

That’s funny because Friedman is saying the exact opposite.  He says that he’s heard those are the two prospects who are off the table.

Also, that seems like it would definitely be an overpay by LA.  

With all respect to @Hank, this makes more sense.  And I've mis-heard podcasts more than once myself...

4 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

For this seadon and next only, then he'll need a new contract. The reduced salary shouldn't interest Adam's at all, with the space we have until Dahlins deal.

It’s actually two more years after this season.  

Any team requesting the Coyotes retain salary would have to increase the cost of the return. 

The Sabres have the space for the remainder of the deal without salary retention, if Adams doesn’t feel He is worth the asking price without retention, they are not likely to proceed with retention 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It’s actually two more years after this season.  

Any team requesting the Coyotes retain salary would have to increase the cost of the return. 

The Sabres have the space for the remainder of the deal without salary retention, if Adams doesn’t feel He is worth the asking price without retention, they are not likely to proceed with retention 

That's what I meant to say 🤣 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

With all respect to @Hank, this makes more sense.  And I've mis-heard podcasts more than once myself...

I get it, it makes more sense to me to. I listened to it a second time after reading the post you quoted, and I don't believe LA makes that trade, but it's what John said. Seems crazy for recent #2OA and #8OA that haven't fallen out of favor. I don't think I'd trade Savoie straight up for him let alone add to it. 

On 2/12/2023 at 4:32 PM, Thorny said:

Good point, and not only is it necessary, but using his good evaluation skills, and inside information there will be some prospects best moved while the “world” still sees their utmost upside, where Adams is aware that’s not likely the case. Some prospects will not only present the most value to us through a trade, but by trading them fairly early on

The better KA’s overall evaluation skills prove, the more available avenues for Adams to mine where his aptitude can be exploited. 

I do wonder if Adams wants to wait until the off-season when there will be 31 other teams to trade with. There is bound to be more players available with the salary cap remaining flat, saving top assets for a potential trade around the draft might be the play.

He might look at the cost of acquiring Chychrun And realize that I miss team she will be at best number three defenseman most likely the fourth defenseman, With minimal if any power-play time and he realizes the cost of acquiring Chychrun.as good as he is is not it worth giving out type assets for for this particular team. 

On the other hand Timo Meier would make perfect sense as he would be either the second best if not the best winger on this team for the next few seasons. The issue as has been beaten to death is Meier’s Extension and whether He would sign in Buffalo.  
if Skinner contract only had two more years left on it I could see this being a possibility. 

Marek and Friedman mentioned on TP 32 Pod that when they were interviewing Draistal, they asked if the Edmonton Players had input into possible trades. He said they do. I imagine Adams as a former player would do the same, so he would have a good indication on how Meier and His possible extension would be received in the room if he ever decides to move in that direction. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.