Golden Knights goalie, wife owe $27M, bankruptcy records show

JKB1646

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/goldenknights/golden-knights-goalie-wife-owe-27m-bankruptcy-records-show-2723918/

The Sabres have made some very good moves over the last couple years, including trading Sam Reinhardt , Eichel and this goalie! Lehner had the audacity to dog the sabres when it clearly played out that he has problems

3 hours ago, JKB1646 said:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/goldenknights/golden-knights-goalie-wife-owe-27m-bankruptcy-records-show-2723918/

The Sabres have made some very good moves over the last couple years, including trading Sam Reinhardt , Eichel and this goalie! Lehner had the audacity to dog the sabres when it clearly played out that he has problems

What a couple.

Other property they possess includes 100 percent interest in SolarCode LLC, a Phoenix-based solar technology company, and in a reptile farm in Plato, Missouri; a 20 percent stake in a reptile and avian zoo in Punta Gorda, Florida, a Rolex watch, wedding ring and $16,825 in furniture, electronics, office equipment, sports and hobby items, a large aquarium and a Peloton bicycle.

I read that in 2017 he spent some $1.2 million on exotic snakes. I knew right there how serious a problem he had lol

hope he gets his life in order, but don't blame the Sabres for it. Even if he ever had a legitimate gripe there were probably better ways to handle it & there were bigger issues going on where some personal responsibility is what you need... something he evidently lacked.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, In The Buff said:

I read that in 2017 he spent some $1.2 million on exotic snakes. I knew right there how serious a problem he had lol

hope he gets his life in order, but don't blame the Sabres for it. Even if he ever had a legitimate gripe there were probably better ways to handle it & there were bigger issues going on where some personal responsibility is what you need... something he evidently lacked.

$1.2M that he claims. The underground reptile market is absolutely crazy (the Tiger King reference isn’t far off) and when he was with the Sabres he frequented a reptile place in Lockport that regularly gets in trouble or fined for illegal sales.  

So it looks like the main bulk of that debt is from the solar company and perhaps he personally guaranteed those loans. If you go to the companies website they claim to have offices all over the world and based in Arizona. Outside of the website I googled and it doesn't really show any other info on the company. Not sure if they are running a legit company or not as you'd think they'd have more articles out there about projects and what not. Hell the company address in phoenix doesn't even list the company. You'd think if they were taking out 25 million in loans they'd have some sort of legit office.  

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Other property they possess includes 100 percent interest in SolarCode LLC

Apparently the bulk of this debt is tied to this venture, SolarCode LLC, but I can't seem to find much on the supposed company. In theory, it's a company that uses a solar collector to generate electricity, run a desalinization plant, split water into Hydrogen and Oxygen for further use, and, presumably, cuddle puppies at the same time.

It looks like he tried to bankroll a startup and took out loans to keep it afloat? I'm not really sure. It doesn't even seem like a real company, honestly. The company claims to be headquartered in the US and was incorporated by a legal office (not a surprise if you're trying to stay private, but also not really as common as you'd think) and the listed office seems to be a shared space with a few other questionable companies (so I assume it's just a physical address for incorporation purposes). In the very least, there is no signage out front, but, in all likelihood, the office is just a paper address.

The company further claims to be based out of Switzerland with an additional office in Morocco. I can't find any evidence those offices exist or ever existed for that matter. It claims to have "officers" in Istanbul, Mumbai and Doha. The latter is the only thing so far that checks out.

The LinkedIn page has one employee on it and he's in Doha, Qatar. 

The images on the website are literally all stock images with the exception of the technology-diagram which is pretty hilarious to anyone who is an engineer:

poor_lehner.thumb.jpg.40ff009f62549e8bfd75e5b2774b94aa.jpg

But the subcomponents for that diagram are based on images from the website for "Rhino Onward International"--which is at least a slightly-more-real-but-still-mostly-paper company (they have names and faces and people on LinkedIn at least). Case below:

image.thumb.png.6a150037f950ec1d6d3fde60877dec3d.png

The bread and butter for SolarCode is the power generation in the form of concerntrated solar power via fresnel lens... the same design as the ROI site. 

I did find some news about SolarCode's company reps apparently meeting with Libya's Energy Minister, but that was it. I tracked down the solar project later and Libya went with a different company and chose to use PVs instead of concentrated solar. 

SolarCode also has a "WasteCode" section about dealing with waste. It uses entirely generated stock images to describe subcomponents (gasifier, conveyers, etc). 

There is a section called "HydroCode" which has a stock image of a galaxy and then text. Nothing else. Not even the effort to have subcomponents. But man, read this text:

"SolarCode’s technology introduces ultraviolet (UV) radiation to obtain a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen (or hydrogen).  The separation of water into the constituent parts by ultraviolet light is carried out from a solid aggregate state (microcrystals of ice water) using this source transmitted in concentration into one or more ice crystals of very low thickness and surface.  The consumption of energy with our process is several times smaller (more than a factor of ten) than by electrolysis or other thermal processes.  In optimal conditions we will generate approximate 1,800 liters (127.406 kilogram) per kilowatt of input energy."

Finally, there is an AquaCode about desalinization that uses a stock image of a rain drop and doesn't have any subcomponent images. Just text. Such as:

"Desalinator
Heats water by hot air and transforms it into hot steam later cooled."

Nice.

It looks like Lehner fell for a scam--or else he wanted to scam Venture Capitalists himself.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

1 hour ago, RochesterExpat said:

Apparently the bulk of this debt is tied to this venture, SolarCode LLC, but I can't seem to find much on the supposed company. In theory, it's a company that uses a solar collector to generate electricity, run a desalinization plant, split water into Hydrogen and Oxygen for further use, and, presumably, cuddle puppies at the same time.

It looks like he tried to bankroll a startup and took out loans to keep it afloat? I'm not really sure. It doesn't even seem like a real company, honestly. The company claims to be headquartered in the US and was incorporated by a legal office (not a surprise if you're trying to stay private, but also not really as common as you'd think) and the listed office seems to be a shared space with a few other questionable companies (so I assume it's just a physical address for incorporation purposes). In the very least, there is no signage out front, but, in all likelihood, the office is just a paper address.

The company further claims to be based out of Switzerland with an additional office in Morocco. I can't find any evidence those offices exist or ever existed for that matter. It claims to have "officers" in Istanbul, Mumbai and Doha. The latter is the only thing so far that checks out.

The images on the website are literally all stock images with the exception of the technology-diagram which is pretty hilarious to anyone who is an engineer:

But the subcomponents for that diagram are based on images from the website for "Rhino Onward International"--which is at least a slightly-more-real-but-still-mostly-paper company (they have names and faces and people on LinkedIn at least). Case below:

The bread and butter for SolarCode is the power generation in the form of concerntrated solar power via fresnel lens... the same design as the ROI site. 

I did find some news about SolarCode's company reps apparently meeting with Libya's Energy Minister, but that was it. I tracked down the solar project later and Libya went with a different company and chose to use PVs instead of concentrated solar. 

SolarCode also has a "WasteCode" section about dealing with waste. It uses entirely generated stock images to describe subcomponents (gasifier, conveyers, etc). 

There is a section called "HydroCode" which has a stock image of a galaxy and then text. Nothing else. Not even the effort to have subcomponents. But man, read this text:

"SolarCode’s technology introduces ultraviolet (UV) radiation to obtain a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen (or hydrogen).  The separation of water into the constituent parts by ultraviolet light is carried out from a solid aggregate state (microcrystals of ice water) using this source transmitted in concentration into one or more ice crystals of very low thickness and surface.  The consumption of energy with our process is several times smaller (more than a factor of ten) than by electrolysis or other thermal processes.  In optimal conditions we will generate approximate 1,800 liters (127.406 kilogram) per kilowatt of input energy."

Finally, there is an AquaCode about desalinization that uses a stock image of a rain drop and doesn't have any subcomponent images. Just text. Such as:

"Desalinator

Nice.

It looks like Lehner fell for a scam--or else he wanted to scam Venture Capitalists himself.

They dumped the whole company on him? I wonder if he can sue to get out of this obligation 

3 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

"Desalinator

Nice.

You dug farther in than I did. His father is apparently is apparently running the show. Check out this reddit from a couple years back. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

This is the downside of getting sober, gotta find something else to do to fill your time. In Lehners case this was snakes and debt.

Been sober 34 years… Don’t own one snake… 😎

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

You dug farther in than I did. His father is apparently is apparently running the show. Check out this reddit from a couple years back. 

Some day we really need to talk about how broken, toxic, awful, and ***** the locker room was from 2015-2020

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

30 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Some day we really need to talk about how broken, toxic, awful, and ***** the locker room was from 2015-2020

I’ve heard several stories from people at both the arena and PSE offices over the years. Suffice to say that while we had several high character players who genuinely tried to impact the culture in positive ways, there were also several who were there just to collect a check and didn’t give a crap otherwise and that was reflected in how they treated people around the building. As a result, KA and Co. do deep dives on everyone they’re considering bringing into the organization. I’m talking references from everyone from coaches to billet families to wait staff at various local hangouts. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Why do these guys do this? They make so much money and could live such comfortable lives including their children.

Robin Lehner is not in control his thoughts and emotions therfore he’s prone to bad decision making.  And ripe for a con artist to take advantage of.

I don’t understand how some can point and laugh when this guy is obviously suffering from some serious ***** that he doesn’t seem to be able gain control over, or even manage or mitigate effectively.

Edited by Weave
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, K-9 said:

I’ve heard several stories from people at both the arena and PSE offices over the years. Suffice to say that while we had several high character players who genuinely tried to impact the culture in positive ways, there were also several who were there just to collect a check and didn’t give a crap otherwise and that was reflected in how they treated people around the building. As a result, KA and Co. do deep dives on everyone they’re considering bringing into the organization. I’m talking references from everyone from coaches to billet families to wait staff at various local hangouts. 

I've actually heard a few things from arena employees lately that backs this up. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.