Golden Knights goalie, wife owe $27M, bankruptcy records show

JKB1646

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Robin Lehner is not in control his thoughts and emotions therfore he’s prone to bad decision making.  And ripe for a con artist to take advantage of.

I don’t understand how some can point and laugh when this guy is obviously suffering from some serious ***** that he doesn’t seem to be able gain control over, or even manage or mitigate effectively.

Honestly I think Bo Burnham nailed it here. 

On 2/9/2023 at 12:36 PM, RochesterExpat said:

Apparently the bulk of this debt is tied to this venture, SolarCode LLC, but I can't seem to find much on the supposed company. In theory, it's a company that uses a solar collector to generate electricity, run a desalinization plant, split water into Hydrogen and Oxygen for further use, and, presumably, cuddle puppies at the same time.

It looks like he tried to bankroll a startup and took out loans to keep it afloat? I'm not really sure. It doesn't even seem like a real company, honestly. The company claims to be headquartered in the US and was incorporated by a legal office (not a surprise if you're trying to stay private, but also not really as common as you'd think) and the listed office seems to be a shared space with a few other questionable companies (so I assume it's just a physical address for incorporation purposes). In the very least, there is no signage out front, but, in all likelihood, the office is just a paper address.

The company further claims to be based out of Switzerland with an additional office in Morocco. I can't find any evidence those offices exist or ever existed for that matter. It claims to have "officers" in Istanbul, Mumbai and Doha. The latter is the only thing so far that checks out.

The LinkedIn page has one employee on it and he's in Doha, Qatar. 

The images on the website are literally all stock images with the exception of the technology-diagram which is pretty hilarious to anyone who is an engineer:

poor_lehner.thumb.jpg.40ff009f62549e8bfd75e5b2774b94aa.jpg

But the subcomponents for that diagram are based on images from the website for "Rhino Onward International"--which is at least a slightly-more-real-but-still-mostly-paper company (they have names and faces and people on LinkedIn at least). Case below:

image.thumb.png.6a150037f950ec1d6d3fde60877dec3d.png

The bread and butter for SolarCode is the power generation in the form of concerntrated solar power via fresnel lens... the same design as the ROI site. 

I did find some news about SolarCode's company reps apparently meeting with Libya's Energy Minister, but that was it. I tracked down the solar project later and Libya went with a different company and chose to use PVs instead of concentrated solar. 

SolarCode also has a "WasteCode" section about dealing with waste. It uses entirely generated stock images to describe subcomponents (gasifier, conveyers, etc). 

There is a section called "HydroCode" which has a stock image of a galaxy and then text. Nothing else. Not even the effort to have subcomponents. But man, read this text:

"SolarCode’s technology introduces ultraviolet (UV) radiation to obtain a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen (or hydrogen).  The separation of water into the constituent parts by ultraviolet light is carried out from a solid aggregate state (microcrystals of ice water) using this source transmitted in concentration into one or more ice crystals of very low thickness and surface.  The consumption of energy with our process is several times smaller (more than a factor of ten) than by electrolysis or other thermal processes.  In optimal conditions we will generate approximate 1,800 liters (127.406 kilogram) per kilowatt of input energy."

Finally, there is an AquaCode about desalinization that uses a stock image of a rain drop and doesn't have any subcomponent images. Just text. Such as:

"Desalinator
Heats water by hot air and transforms it into hot steam later cooled."

Nice.

It looks like Lehner fell for a scam--or else he wanted to scam Venture Capitalists himself.

Good breakdown, but that is how you desalinate saltwater, well, one way, anyway. At least that part isn't a scam.

Edited by SwampD

On 2/10/2023 at 12:53 AM, SABRES 0311 said:

Why do these guys do this? They make so much money and could live such comfortable lives including their children.

Some... Most?... People aren't satisfied with what they have no matter how much that is. They haven't figured out how to actually be happy.

This instance just seems so dumb, and apparently his father is involved? There's all kinds of conclusions to jump to there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.