🏒 Buffalo @ Columbus, 7 December 2022 7:30 PM ET, TNT TV, WGR Radio

Doohickie

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Jeff Marek today mentioned Dahlin as one of the league’s best hitters, and skaters 

What about the scoring, man.  What about the scoring !!

Marek is a good guy, but sort of a homer.  Not as bad as some, but still.  SN tries to limit the ball washing of The Great Satan to a minimum.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

UPL has a .911 Save Percentage 5v5 

On the PK it’s a whopping .688

Stay out of the box or bring Craig Anderson in for PK with His .905 Save Percentage. 

I still don’t understand why they refused to go to Ullmark in shootouts over Lehner 

I don’t care if he was coming in cold. Lehner could simply not stop them 

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I still don’t understand why they refused to go to Ullmark in shootouts over Lehner 

I don’t care if he was coming in cold. Lehner could simply not stop them 

Typically cold goalies are awful in shoot outs. Additionally the visual of putting in the younger backup to play in shoot outs over your supposed long term starter has very bad connotations.

14 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Typically cold goalies are awful in shoot outs. Additionally the visual of putting in the younger backup to play in shoot outs over your supposed long term starter has very bad connotations.

It must be the visual because Lehner wasn’t just bad in shootouts, it was literally impossible to do a worse job 

Edited by Thorny

17 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Why do I remember this being a topic of conversation years ago? And I thought it was determined that teams absolutely cannot put in a new fresh goalie for just shoot outs. Unless the goalie was injured in the dying minutes of the OT. Maybe I am remembering it wrong. But I thought there was some kind of rule that prevented goalies from just doing the shoot outs.

16 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It must be the visual because Lehner wasn’t just bad in shootouts, it was literally impossible to do a worse job 

Not true.  The one puck that hit the post & harmlessly bounced away from the twine could've been an inch to the right & would've been in the net too.  It was luck that he wasn't perfect, but Glenn Hall used to say he'd rather be lucky than good any day. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I remember the game that went to the shootout when Don Cherry was the honorary coach for Ottawa against the Sabre's with Lehner in net and he offered to pull the goalie to even things up. Ottawa won in the 6th round. Future Sabre's coach Don Granato commented after the game that it was a good learning experience for the young Sabre team. -)

Edited by grinreaper
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Thwomp! said:

Gonna be a lot of empty seats.  Tickets are going for less than $10.  Club and 100s at less than $30 all in.  I have plans tonight and too much apathy towards this franchise, but still tempting.

You are going to miss a win.   We have some players worth watching.  I would be sitting in the 100's tonight.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.