Which Sabres forward is scratched for the Vancouver game on Saturday?

SHAAAUGHT!!!

Which forward is scratched for Vancouver on Saturday?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. With Hinny getting 3 apples last night, he is a lock for the game Saturday vs the Canucks. So which forward sits?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 07:00 PM

• SHAAAUGHT!!! changed the title to Which Sabres forward is scratched for the Vancouver game on Saturday?

Personally I would throw Quinn in for a game soon (Vancouver or Seattle).  Not sure who to sit.  He's sat through 2 big wins and he'll be super motivated.  Just a hunch that he'll play well.  But that being said I've noticed that Granato likes to keep a winning lineup in place (but perhaps a couple of injuries force the change).  So maybe Seattle for Quinn.  

• Like (+1) 1

I debated but picked Olofsson. If he wants to play that perimeter game he will continue not to score or be very useful. Also, Quinn can slot into his spot pretty easily on the LW. I would like to see Quinn get a chance to see if he can up his game and that is why I didn't pick Krebs either, they want him getting reps. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Yup, Quinn.

No reason to mess with a line-up that's winning. Do right by the team, first. The time has come, they've earned it. Priority should be team success not getting a young player reps (If they are not among your top 12). Quinn is good enough to play in the NHL but not on THIS team, right now - he should sit. In fact he should go to ROCH for now I think prob, no?

Having to send down someone who actually, ACTUALLY could play on the team is a good-team signpost, and it's normal. 

There will be an injury or whatever soon and if he's playing well in ROCH he'll be right back up. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1

What, no Peterka option?  Just kidding.  I hate the thought of Quinn in the pressbox long term (ie. more than a game or two), but there really isn't much of a choice at this very moment.  Also, I normally wouldn't want 2 forwards up there other than for these long road trips.  But with our cap situation, I don't think Sheahan is at the point in his career where he needs ice time.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m also of the opinion we don’t want Quinn sitting in the press box too often this season.  He should be motivated and would hopefully come in and give his line a boost like Hinny did when he got his chance. 

I picked Krebs over VO to sit for the simple fact Granato was super patient with VO last season with his wrist injury/slump and he eventually played his way out of it.  Krebs on the other hand is giving an solid effort, but his decision making hasn’t been good.  He could probably benefit the most from sitting a game or too.

Edited by SHAAAUGHT!!!
  • Like (+1) 2

“Body of work” means it will take more than a poor game or 2 to seat anyone other than Peterka, Krebs, Quinn and Hinostroza. They are the “rookies” and the designated “13th forward”

Quinn will play at least one of the next 2, probably because someone will be nursing a minor injury. If not, Krebs most likely to sit because he’s been outperformed by the other two.

Edited by dudacek
  • Agree 1

I don't see how you make a forward change after doubling up Calgary and realistically being a few inches from tripling up Calgary. Krebs is the weakest link right now, but he's playing center with two vets and their line is doing just fine. I'd rather have Girgs on the wing than take Krebs out for... Quinn on PP2, I guess? No need for a change for Vancouver.

The VAN lineup change will be on defense and I really hope it's Boushh in for Joker if he can't go.

I would say you can reintroduce Quinn during the homestand.

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

I don't see how you make a forward change after doubling up Calgary and realistically being a few inches from tripling up Calgary. Krebs is the weakest link right now, but he's playing center with two vets and their line is doing just fine. I'd rather have Girgs on the wing than take Krebs out for... Quinn on PP2, I guess? No need for a change for Vancouver.

The VAN lineup change will be on defense and I really hope it's Boushh in for Joker if he can't go.

I would say you can reintroduce Quinn during the homestand.

Agree on Quinn. Isn't Lyubushkin in the lineup regardless?

7 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Fitz skated for him in Calgary for the day-to-day foot. I hope Lyubushkin is good enough to go --- Bryson, Fitz, Pilut is a top-end AHL lineup, but they're all #6 guys at this level.

I've been *too* adamantly interested in Inky's stash 

26 minutes ago, dudacek said:

“Body of work” means it will take more than a poor game or 2 to seat anyone other than Peterka, Krebs, Quinn and Hinostroza. They are the “rookies” and the designated “13th forward”

Quinn will play at least one of the next 2, probably because someone will be nursing a minor injury. If not, Krebs most likely to sit because he’s been outperformed by the other two.

This. ^

No changes to the winning lineup from last night except for Pilut in for the busted up face guy.

Quinn will get his chance again soon enough.

I expect Vancouver (0 - 5) to be on fire for their first home game.  It will be another good test that the Sabres should pass.

They have exceeded my expectations on this trip by beating Calgary.  It would be a let down to lose the next two and it should only happen due to lack of effort.  The Sabres have played well enough to win all 4 games they have played so far.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

No changes to the winning lineup from last night except for Pilut in for the busted up face guy.

Quinn will get his chance again soon enough.

I expect Vancouver (0 - 5) to be on fire for their first home game.  It will be another good test that the Sabres should pass.

They have exceeded my expectations on this trip by beating Calgary.  It would be a let down to lose the next two and it should only happen due to lack of effort.  The Sabres have played well enough to win all 4 games they have played so far.

My dad was live in person for the Nucks OT loss to the Blue Jackets on Tuesday. Said it was a great game 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I debated but picked Olofsson. If he wants to play that perimeter game he will continue not to score or be very useful. Also, Quinn can slot into his spot pretty easily on the LW. I would like to see Quinn get a chance to see if he can up his game and that is why I didn't pick Krebs either, they want him getting reps. 

I agree it's a tough call but see Olofsson as doing what's asked to do.  He's been stronger this year thus far on the perimeter / wall.  He's seeking out puck battles in both ends.  I think that, along with PP2, is leading to lack of points.  My whipping boy is Skinner the turnover machine, but I know it won't happen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.