Which Sabres forward is scratched for the Vancouver game on Saturday?

SHAAAUGHT!!!

Which forward is scratched for Vancouver on Saturday?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. With Hinny getting 3 apples last night, he is a lock for the game Saturday vs the Canucks. So which forward sits?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 07:00 PM

Just now, LGR4GM said:

What ice time has Krebs earned? 

Sitting Krebs is a reasonable decision. I thought he was better in the Calgary game but Quinn in and Krebs out is fine with me. In either case they're at the bottom with the 2 vets. I consider both of them as in between not quite there yet guys. If we had a couple more solid veteran types I'd have both of them in Rochester on a up and down development plan. 

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Sitting Krebs is a reasonable decision. I thought he was better in the Calgary game but Quinn in and Krebs out is fine with me. In either case they're at the bottom with the 2 vets. I consider both of them as in between not quite there yet guys. If we had a couple more solid veteran types I'd have both of them in Rochester on a up and down development plan. 

Hell of a statement on Quinn after 2 games. 

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Coach wants to play his best roster available to win does he not?

I agree - I would prioritize the roster that gives us the best chance to win this year as well, and as stated, I wouldn't have touched it after a win BUT

There's certainly an argument to be made that there's so much runway left in the season that it's important to get Quinn early reps because we need to see if he *is* a puzzle piece inclusive of the "best possible team" we can ice, for the rest of this year. 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I agree - I would prioritize the roster that gives us the best chance to win this year as well, and as stated, I wouldn't have touched it after a win BUT

There's certainly an argument to be made that there's so much runway left in the season that it's important to get Quinn early reps because we need to see if he *is* a puzzle piece inclusive of the "best possible team" we can ice, for the rest of this year. 

Plus, it's very possible that Granato told the guys that are the "bubble" players that early in the year he'd be rotating who the odd man out is.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Hell of a statement on Quinn after 2 games. 

Quinn was getting knocked around pretty well his 1st 2 games.  Wouldn't be sending him down before the end of October, but if he can't stay on his pins better when he does get in games, letting him go back down for a few games to get his confidence back wouldn't be the worst thing for him.  MHO. YMMV.

But, let's see how he does tonight before cementing him into the lineup or sending him down.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Quinn was getting knocked around pretty well his 1st 2 games.  Wouldn't be sending him down before the end of October, but if he can't stay on his pins better when he does get in games, letting him go back down for a few games to get his confidence back wouldn't be the worst thing for him.  MHO. YMMV.

But, let's see how he does tonight before cementing him into the lineup or sending him down.

Depends, how many helmet adjustments did you count?

20 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Jack quinn is still my rookie of the year.

He will attack when the time comes

Wouldn't he have to, as a matter of fact, score a lot of points to win the ROTY? If Quinn scores a lot of points, doesn't that stand to follow that several others on the Sabres will, too, considering he doesn't seem to be among our best players? How do you see us finishing bottom 4 in this scenario? Or is that just purely an indictment on what you see happening with the GT..

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

The beauty of this current team make up is that we can well afford to send Quinn back down to Rochester and he won’t be replaced by a JAG. In most previous years, these players would stay in Buffalo and struggle. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Coach also wants to develop the young talent so he can help the team win later.

Absolutely. So he plays a couple games, sits a couple, plays another (or two) maybe he goes down maybe he stays up it depends on his play. If he does go down and he dominates when down he's the first call up when you need his skill set or want to replace an underachiever and on it goes as you continually coach and teach. This is not difficult. 

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

I agree, but I fail to see why some people have such an issue with sending him down. maybe it's because this team hasn't had a deep enough roster to have extra bodies worth anything for so long people have forgotten how the NHL works for real teams. 

It's not like if you send him down he's gone until April. he can go up and down all year and play lots and lots of games and get lots and lots of coaching. I really fail to see why this is an issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I agree, but I fail to see why some people have such an issue with sending him down. maybe it's because this team hasn't had a deep enough roster to have extra bodies worth anything for so long people have forgotten how the NHL works for real teams. 

It's not like if you send him down he's gone until April. he can go up and down all year and play lots and lots of games and get lots and lots of coaching. I really fail to see why this is an issue. 

And people forget that in the "these guys are good, scary good" season where Pominville iced the 1st round cake, he'd CLEARED waivers to start the year in Ra-cha-cha.  Good teams often have useful pieces getting some additional seasoning dominating the lower level.  

That said, as said earlier, wouldn't send Quinn down until the end of the month at the earliest and only if he is still getting pushed around and not finding spots of production.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.