GDT Sabres Season Opener: Sens @ Sabres 10/13/2022, 7pm, MSG, ESPN+, RDS, WGR

PromoTheRobot

Missed a majority of the game, but I heard bits and pieces on the radio. 

One bit that I heard they were interviewing Peterka post game and asking him how he felt after his first goal.  He responded "I was like holy f***!", which I found to be pretty funny.  Censors must have been furious 😆

I like to look at anything notable with ice times, to see how Granato is using the players:

Forwards:

Spread out pretty evenly. Tuch (17:07) and Mittelstadt (17:04) led. Thompson, Cozens, Okposo not far behind with over 16 minutes.  Least went to Quinn(11:25) and Peterka (11:55). Krebs (13:29) also low.

Asplund, Girgensons, Cozens led short handed ice time (all over 2:00)

D-men:

Dahlin (24:16) way out front. Bryson (12:19) lowest. Dahlin led on the PP (over 5 minutes pp time) and Samuelson led PK time (3:41 on the PK)

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, FanaticSense06 said:

He looks good for an old man lol.

Shows why the resigned him, he is still a very good goalie, he just can't play more then 40-50 games.

He hasn’t played 40 games in 4 years. 

His ceiling is closer to ~ 30

ie a starting load more akin to a back up

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

I know two were empty netters but their goal differential sits at+3. If they keep it near even they will be in the hunt for a playoff spot.

I think the offense is improved simply by being a year older/wiser. Goaltending is off to a good start, Comrie will have to be decent in order for team success.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.