GDT Sabres Season Opener: Sens @ Sabres 10/13/2022, 7pm, MSG, ESPN+, RDS, WGR

PromoTheRobot

24 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Sabres woulda lost if this ass clown was still here. What an egomaniac. 

Who f'n cares?!

Why even post this?

Jack is gone and nobody cares.

19 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

This is fun

This play by Dahlin is why we will make the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, #freejame said:

It’s what the organization deserves but possibly not the team

I think the exact opposite.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This is actually an interesting stat but people should know, and this has been pointed out a few times, Editor in Sabre is a parody account 

Well it's worth noting that by March 1 the Sabres got a lot of injured players back including Anderson. The Sabres also played at a 100-point clip last October too. It all went to s### when they had a slew of injuries from Nov-Feb.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Mitts had 5 giveaways, I thought he looked shaky most of the game.

Cozens was solid, winning most of his battles and hustling both ways.

Boosh was definitely noticeable in a physical way.

Peterka was good and didn’t look like a rookie.

Anderson won this game with solid saves.

Power may have been the worst Dman but played better in the second half of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

What?  If you got something to say, say it.

Thought it was pretty clear. Buffalo fans have absolutely zero reason whatsoever to support the buffalo sabres as an organization after the last decade plus. This sabres team may or may not deserve to be sold out. Hope that helps you. 

• Disagree 2

25 minutes ago, FanaticSense06 said:

He looks good for an old man lol.

Shows why the resigned him, he is still a very good goalie, he just can't play more then 40-50 games.

Ideally I'd think they would want to keep him closer to 30. Need to see what they have in Comrie and/or UPL. But, yes, it's good to have a steady veteran that can still go out there at 41 and stone the opposition. He made some absolutely beautiful saves out there. How many breakaways did he shut down? Four or five? That was an A+ performance. The D bowed up after a shaky first period, too. Lot of bodies in front of the net blocking shots and they were getting after guys in their zone. This could be a really good team this year if that effort continues.

Edited by HumanSlinky39
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Power may have been the worst Dman but played better in the second half of the game.

Yeah but they would get a save and come right back. I love how they never stop trying to score.

• Like (+1) 1

The difference in this game was the play of our goalie. He kept us in it. 

What's encouraging is that this team, loaded with young players, will get better. None of the young players played hesitantly. 

Although the Sens had a number of breakaways, I felt the team played hard two-way hockey. 

I liked the play of Cozens in this game. This is going to be his step-up year. 

Lyubushkin is a good addition. 

The Sabres play a fast-paced game. They are entertaining to watch. 

It's not surprising that this opening game was a little bit choppy. It should smooth out more after a few games. 

Watching the game on TV I got the sense that the fans were into this game. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Thought it was pretty clear. Buffalo fans have absolutely zero reason whatsoever to support the buffalo sabres as an organization after the last decade plus. This sabres team may or may not deserve to be sold out. Hope that helps you. 

At least you answered, I'll give you credit for that.  No need to respond to my opinion that you want to live in the past.

Enjoy every Sabre loss.

Just now, Cheektorado said:

At least you answered, I'll give you credit for that.  No need to respond to my opinion that you want to live in the past.

Enjoy every Sabre loss.

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Glad that was your takeaway from that. Sorry for all of the jerseys you’ve had to get restitched over the last ten years. Literally nothing about that was negative towards our current team. 

13 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I’d say Power’s partner was the worst Dman.

My 2 cents:

- Very exciting win and great start to the season, as many have already noted.

- The outcome could've easily gone the other way, as Ottawa had plenty of chances and probably more than the Sabres had (although the Sabres had quite a few).

- Goaltending was the difference.  Good for Anderson for delivering that gem at age 41 against his former team.  The Sabres will need to give up fewer chances than that to win most nights though.

- JJP was the Sabres' best forward through 2 periods.  Cozens and Mitts were the 2 best by the end of the game though.  But that was a terrific showing by JJP.

- Did not like Skinner's game or TT's.  As someone noted upthread I think those 2 are better with Tuch and hope DG switches Tuch and Olofsson, both of whom were OK but not great.

- It was great to see Cozens looking like a force of nature (JJP was keeping up with him and the 2 of them were outstanding together especially in the 2nd) and Mitts looking consistent, focused and effective.  Those are 2 great developments for this team -- really 3 because JJP should be included.

- Dahlin looked confident, in control and frequently like the best player on the ice.  Power was pretty shaky but Joki did very well covering for him on a number of occasions.  Mule was very solid.  Loobie was tough and made a few very nice plays but also a few brain locks.  Bryson did fine and I think helped kill the first shift of the 5-on-3 and a good shift at the end before VO's 1st ENG.

- The Zemgus-Aspy-KO line got better as the game went on and was very effective in the 3rd.

- Ottawa is good.  I think these Ottawa-Buffalo games are going to be highly competitive and entertaining for a long time.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Cheektorado said:

The organization is this team, Rock.

No. This is a square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't a square situation. There is the Sabres (gesticulates in a large circular motion) being the organization and then there is the Sabres (gesticulates in a narrow pointing motion with both hands) being the team. If Terry Pegula gets caught going to rub-n-tugs ala Robert Kraft does that reflect poorly on the 23 skaters on the Buffalo Sabres? No. It reflects poorly on the organization. You would think if there is one fanbase who gets it, it would be the one with an owner who was thrown in jail for fraud. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.