Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Sesame Street Idk GIF

You can see the string on his left arm.  Amateurish.

Just now, Contempt said:

It's not about being anti-gay it's about freedom of expression I'm sure.  If someone refused to wear the military tribute unis I'm sure these folks would respond the same way right? Riiiiight.

Or kneel during the anthem.  Again, to me, it's the same thing.  I can't say it's ok for Kaep and not for this guy.

Interesting discussion on Overdrive today about how NBA practices re: roster management leak into the NHL over time. Feschuk was saying that all GM’s, when asked, so “no way” to Load Management becoming a thing. But the hosts seem to believe it’s an almost common sense practice and that Matthews himself could be the first. 

3 hours ago, steveoath said:

What the heck is going on in vancouver? Boudreau seems to be getting boot, to make way for Rick Forking Tocchet?? 

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

They are doing him SO dirty publicly. What an embarrassment 

Just unbelievable.  And the problem with that team is roster construction, not coaching.  The GM also handed out some questionable contracts to boot.  This is blaming the wrong person.

• Agree 1

1) Yeah they are just embarrassing Boudreau to the point he is getting emotional in interviews.

2) Max Pac tears his Achilles heel two weeks after returning from tearing his Achilles heel. It was a nothing play where he had the puck down low and then just went down and grabbed his leg. Never been a big fan of his but that is brutal for him.

• Like (+1) 1

Canuck fans love Boudreau and hate Aquilini, the owner.

It’s less about Bruce’s job performance and more about his personality and how badly the team has been managed for a decade.

Lots of frustration over the team’s unwillingness to blow things up entirely.

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Canuck fans love Boudreau and hate Aquilini, the owner.

It’s less about Bruce’s job performance and more about his personality and how badly the team has been managed for a decade.

Lots of frustration over the team’s unwillingness to blow things up entirely.

You are more attuned to what is going out west. What is it about his personality that would be problematic. Being a pro coach in any sport is a precarious endeavor. The issue to fire or not fire isn't always about fairness. Even allowing for the element of scapegoating a coach there is still a classy way of dealing with a coach. Bruce B shouldn't be treated the way he is being subjected to. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You are more attuned to what is going out west. What is it about his personality that would be problematic. Being a pro coach in any sport is a precarious endeavor. The issue to fire or not fire isn't always about fairness. Even allowing for the element of scapegoating a coach there is still a classy way of dealing with a coach. Bruce B shouldn't be treated the way he is being subjected to. 

I was talking about the fans love for him. They love his personality and don’t hold him too accountable for the on-ice performance, which they blame on management.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Eleven said:

@dudacek @rickshaw care to weigh in on the Boudreau situation?  What's the thought of the person-on-the-street in Vancouver?

Neither of them are in Vancouver.

BC is a big place.

@bunomatic is probably closest in that he is a short ferry ride acrost the water from Van City.

Rutherford never hired Boudreau and, from the sounds of it, never would have.

I believe the issue there is mostly about a lack of defensive structure under Boudreau.

I believe the reason he hasn’t been fired yet is because Rutherford doesn’t want to bring his guy in until he can put him in a position to succeed.

Yes, it is completely unfair to Boudreau.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Neither of them are in Vancouver.

BC is a big place.

@bunomatic is probably closest in that he is a short ferry ride acrost the water from Van City.

Yeah what Dudacek said basically. I seem to remember the owner hired the coach then hired Rutherford who hired the GM which if true is pretty disfunctional. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

5 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Yeah what Dudacek said basically. I seem to remember the owner hired the coach then hired Rutherford who hired the GM which if true is pretty disfunctional. 

Kelly Hrudey ripping the Canucks Tonight on HNIC.  "It's cruel" Goes onto mention how they're doing this on Hockey Talks day. Bieksa on Boudreau: "Why do we all know about this? That's the problem." 

Sad to see our sister 1970 organization suffering from such dysfunction.  I mean glad we are not writing about this with respect the Sabres (anymore).  I mean, Bruce was tearing up at a presser yesterday.  Not a good look.  

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.