Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

17 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So the Devils have won 8 in a row, and Lindy has them at 11-3.  

Things turned around in Dallas (please, no one fact check me) when Lindy told the boys about the old put shaving cream on a guy's hand while he's sleeping then tickle his nose prank. The boys did it all night. Instant bonding.

Lindy was sucking the imaginary Sucret on the bench the next night as the Devils romped to a 7-1 win.

Edited by PASabreFan

Buffalo isn't the only team that got off to a fast start, followed by a significant downturn: Pittsburgh, Calgary, Ottawa also taking part in that all-too-common practice.

Sabres have lost 4 in a row (7-3 start)

Senators have lost 7 in a row (4-2 start)

Calgary have lost 7 in a row (5-1 start)

Penguins had lost 7 in a row before winning the last game. (4-0-1 start)

Dunno why 7 is the magic number seemingly, that's the rank we need to avoid. 

Edited by Thorny

15 hours ago, Thorny said:

Buffalo isn't the only team that got off to a fast start, followed by a significant downturn: Pittsburgh, Calgary, Ottawa also taking part in that all-too-common practice.

4 is enough.

Every team goes through ups and downs.  Even good playoff teams are going to go through stretches where they lose 2-3-4 in a row.

The difference is that good teams get themselves righted more quickly.  Just 1 bad game instead of 2-3 in a row.  Just a 2 game losing streak instead of 4, or just 4 instead of 7.

I expected bumps along the road this season.  I still expect the Sabres to end up with a point total around the mid 80’s.

15 hours ago, Thorny said:

Pittsburgh actually IS what many of us thought Boston would be...an aging veteran team that has some, but not enough, young guys hitting the roster, while the veterans slowly fade.

Calgary I'm just super surprised about. Thought they would be a legit top 10 team all season long and possibly top 5 team.

Ottawa I thought people were over-rating coming into the season, but I didn't expect another terrible start like last year.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

After reading this headline, all I can think is that I never knew the Sedins were fraternal twins. 

To protect them both from the Atlanta Thrashers, they were hidden by Brian Burke when they were drafted. The League knew, as I did, if the Thrashers were to have any joy, they would be a threat to not become the New-Jets.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

After reading this headline, all I can think is that I never knew the Sedins were fraternal twins. 
9DB2E50C-2426-498D-A1C9-49CE74B27729.thumb.png.c87f855f01c77a03970708a901eb9246.png

I don’t think that’s true actually.  Everything I’ve ever seen previously says that they are identical twins.  Also, they look like identical twins.

EDIT:  Just quickly read the article.  Where does it even say that they are fraternal?  I didn’t see it.

Edited by Curt
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don’t think that’s true actually.  Everything I’ve ever seen previously says that they are identical twins.  Also, they look like identical twins.

EDIT:  Just quickly read the article.  Where does it even say that they are fraternal?  I didn’t see it.

I know, it's confusing. This clears it up;

https://r.mtdv.me/twins-status-wont-believe-this

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I’m just going to let this one sit out there until you figure it out. 

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This whole move is starting to look quite questionable for Adams and his team

It's early, but, I mean for a GM that hasn't been able to address goaltending, he might not even have taken a step in a positive direction

So far, this falls under: bet on an incredibly small sample size, get burned ie NOT how you use analytics appropriately 

The Jets are good when Hellebuyck carries them, poor when he does not - really comes down to that for the Jets. Looks like he's got another Vezina type season started out early. 

Most in the know around here assumed a full-scale rebuild was on the way next season for the team, will be interesting to see if they try and cling on to this core a little longer b/c of Hellebuyck's return to ultra form

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.