Kevyn Adams:A Man For All Seasons

Brawndo

12 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Agree.  I think that will be difficult to obtain because he’s not on an NHL roster next year and it is the same flight risk no matter who he is traded to.  They can just sign him for no spent assets next August. 

He has the value of a late second round pick next year so.... worth.... something.

KA is saying all the right things publicly but is this upcoming conversation a '***** or get off the pot' deal? And 'get off the pot' as in you are no longer in our plans and we'll get some compensation this year (trade) or next (compensatory). I hope he can get the kid signed soon.

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That would be correct.

Since Johnson isn’t a UFA until August 15, 2023 and that’s after the 2023 Draft I believe it would move to the 2024 Draft. 

European and CHL Players become UFAs on June 1, so that’s why Minnesota got Their Compensatory Pick this Year 

• Like (+1) 3

Johnson should slide in as a 1st pairing D with Mule and Power at camp, facing and feeding Quinn, Peterka, Krebs, Savoie, Östlund, Levi and the most loaded group of Sabres prospects ever gathered in one place, with Granato and Appert feeding the vibe.

If he doesn’t want to be part of that, then it was never meant to be.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Johnson should slide in as a 1st pairing D with Mule and Power at camp, facing and feeding Quinn, Peterka, Krebs, Savoie, Östlund, Levi and the most loaded group of Sabres prospects ever gathered in one place, with Granato and Appert feeding the vibe.

I think that’s the plan 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

He's not that good anyway.   If he walks, meh.

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

His last name wouldn't happen to be Botterill by any chance?  😉

It's not and it's whatever. Point is one guy really likes him, others don't. I'm going to wait until the team does something until I cry over my GM.

I'm glad at least one person working there feels like it's a better atmosphere. Now that needs to translate into results.

Result #1 that needs to happen is getting an NHL quality veteran GOALIE  on the team. I know I've said it 100x and I don't care. It's the most glaring, obvious, need and it demands to be addressed immediately. I dont want to hear that nobody wanted to sign here or that the asking prices were too high. There have been at least 3 goalies who were traded since the end of last season for almost nothing who would have been better than what we have who dont have crazy term or huge money. Nedjelkovic, Husso, and Georgiev. Steve Yzerman managed to get two of them. I don't think anyone is going to question Yzerman's competence.

If Adams goes into another season without an actual plan in net other than to wait for the magic beans to grow he needs to be fired because that's unacceptable. The only name I've heard so far is Jake Allen. Jake Allen who hurt his groin 3 times last season and only managed to play in 33 games before going out for the year. Jake Allen who hasn't played 40 games in 3 years. I'm very concerned.

Edited by Contempt

35 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Result #1 that needs to happen is getting an NHL quality veteran on the team.

GOALIE.  The word you're looking for is "goalie."  There is an NHL quality veteran on the team--Okposo, and depending on what you mean by "NHL quality," Girgensons.

The most immediate problem is that there is not a goalie.  

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.