Jump to content

Kim Pegula Undergoing Medical Treatment for Unexpected Health Issues ; Reportedly is improving 6/28


Brawndo
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, spndnchz said:

Can we stop changing the topic and just talk about it plz

I liked the post but what's there to talk about? It's borderline out of place here.

Besides, they asked for privacy, so now let's talk about where she is and speculate about what's wrong with her?

IMHO this serves no purpose.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I liked the post but what's there to talk about? It's borderline out of place here.

Besides, they asked for privacy, so now let's talk about where she is and speculate about what's wrong with her?

IMHO this serves no purpose.

The question of ownership is as fundamental an issue as we can have around here. It appears that one of the team’s owners - the younger of the 2 by a good measure - is in some sort of mortal danger. In terms of non-hockey matters, I’d be hard pressed to think of a more relevant topic for this board. 

I understand their desire for privacy. Unfortunately for the Pegulas, Kim is an important, leading public figure in WNY.  The matter of her health will therefore  be a topic of keen public interest.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

The question of ownership is as fundamental an issue as we can have around here. It appears that one of the team’s owners - the younger of the 2 by a good measure - is in some sort of mortal danger. In terms of non-hockey matters, I’d be hard pressed to think of a more relevant topic for this board. 

I understand their desire for privacy. Unfortunately for the Pegulas, Kim is an important, leading public figure in WNY.  The matter of her health will therefore  be a topic of keen public interest.

How is anyone here invading her privacy? Is someone here doing investigative reporting? Someone camped outside of the Boca Raton hospital? Is someone hounding Jessie?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SDS said:

How is anyone here invading her privacy? Is someone here doing investigative reporting? Someone camped outside of the Boca Raton hospital? Is someone hounding Jessie?

We are giving oxygen to at least one leak of information that the family undoubtedly wanted kept private — that she’s in an ICU. So, we’re party to that.

As @PASabreFanis fond of noting: The Pegulas as owners essentially hold a beloved public institution in trust. So the question of whether one of them is in or out of the woods of ill health is going to generate incredible interest.

Edited: I originally said that we were "not" party to that. Woops. (Btw, where'd the strike through font go?)

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

We are giving oxygen to at least one leak of information that the family undoubtedly wanted kept private — that she’s in an ICU. So, we’re not party to that.

As @PASabreFanis fond of noting: The Pegulas as owners essentially hold a beloved public institution in trust. So the question of whether one of them is in or out of the woods of ill health is going to generate incredible interest.

Maybe it’s just semantics, but speculation seems different than invasion of privacy. 

  • Like (+1) 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I liked the post but what's there to talk about? It's borderline out of place here.

Besides, they asked for privacy, so now let's talk about where she is and speculate about what's wrong with her?

IMHO this serves no purpose.

Bad choice of words on my part..  I meant “to wish her well”

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SDS said:

How is anyone here invading her privacy? Is someone here doing investigative reporting? Someone camped outside of the Boca Raton hospital? Is someone hounding Jessie?

I’ve been hounding Sidney on Twitter, no pun intended.

 

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Boca Raton means Rat Mouth...

 

Who the hell names a place Rat Mouth, FL and why would you want to live there?? 😆

Boca Raton translates to Spanish literally as Mouse's Mouth. Its name was originally labeled in the first European maps of the area as "Boca de Ratones", and many people mistakenly translate the name in English as Rat's Mouth. Although incorrect (ratón means "mouse" in Spanish; "rat" is rata), this translation continues to be popularized by several residents and institutions in the city. For example, the tailgate area for football games at Florida Atlantic University is known as the "Rat's Mouth".[18]

"Boca", meaning mouth in Spanish, was a common term to describe an inlet on maps by sailors. The true meaning of the word "ratones" for the area is more uncertain. Some claim that the word "ratones" appears in old Spanish maritime dictionaries referring to "rugged rocks or stony ground on the bottom of some ports and coastal outlets, where the cables rub against."[19] Thus, one possible translation of "Boca Raton" is "rugged inlet".[20] Still other people claim that "ratones" referred to pirates who hid out in the area, and thus the name could translate to "pirates' inlet", which would illustrate why there is a pirate ship in the city seal.

  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Boca Raton translates to Spanish literally as Mouse's Mouth. Its name was originally labeled in the first European maps of the area as "Boca de Ratones", and many people mistakenly translate the name in English as Rat's Mouth. Although incorrect (ratón means "mouse" in Spanish; "rat" is rata), this translation continues to be popularized by several residents and institutions in the city. For example, the tailgate area for football games at Florida Atlantic University is known as the "Rat's Mouth".[18]

"Boca", meaning mouth in Spanish, was a common term to describe an inlet on maps by sailors. The true meaning of the word "ratones" for the area is more uncertain. Some claim that the word "ratones" appears in old Spanish maritime dictionaries referring to "rugged rocks or stony ground on the bottom of some ports and coastal outlets, where the cables rub against."[19] Thus, one possible translation of "Boca Raton" is "rugged inlet".[20] Still other people claim that "ratones" referred to pirates who hid out in the area, and thus the name could translate to "pirates' inlet", which would illustrate why there is a pirate ship in the city seal.

In a similar vein, anytime a Hispanic employee reports a rodent sighting, the dipshit supervisors always report a rat was spotted as the employee is saying raton.  Every. Damn. Time. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, inkman said:

In a similar vein, anytime a Hispanic employee reports a rodent sighting, the dipshit supervisors always report a rat was spotted as the employee is saying raton.  Every. Damn. Time. 

Supervisor just assumes it would be mouse-o.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Covid still rampid in Fla, could be that... best wishes for a speedy recovery whatever it is.

So the thread doesn’t have the potential to turn into a political quagmire, it isn’t Covid 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

He is a local medical doctor that has some connections to local things going on in that realm. He also isn't the type of poster to say these things nonchalantly. 

He's earned our trust as far as I'm concerned 🙂

beyond question.

i'm just curious as to the source.

also: the extent to which certain posters are linked to inside information is something i retain almost no memory of.

except for @pi2000 - i always remember that he's got insider's juice.

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • spndnchz changed the title to Kim Pegula Undergoing Medical Treatment for Unexpected Health Issues ; Reportedly is improving 6/28

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...