Kim Pegula suffered a Cardiac Arrest;Has residual Aphasia and Memory Issues

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Skooby said:

I love Buffalo & every sports team / respect all the ownership. I grew up in shoebox near the airport. The Sabres were an outlet for my frustrations & a life-support to me personally. If all of you love their ownership style & our lack of success since, good for you. I also in no way want anything but the best for their family, I will pray for her & her getting better. She was our 30-40 year backstop of ownership I expected, now it’s more like let’s see how it goes for therapy. It’s a nightmare scenario for the area & the future of the local professional sports teams, which they solely own. I hope they get organized & find any positive aspects from this can, including the team’s performance. 

P.S. It’s been multiple months & we knew taken by ambulance / silence from the top meant something horrible happened. There’s no mystery or surprise, just details revealed & hope for her better health.

Thanks for clarifying.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Skooby said:

I love Buffalo & every sports team / respect all the ownership. I grew up in shoebox near the airport. The Sabres were an outlet for my frustrations & a life-support to me personally. If all of you love their ownership style & our lack of success since, good for you. I also in no way want anything but the best for their family, I will pray for her & her getting better. She was our 30-40 year backstop of ownership I expected, now it’s more like let’s see how it goes for therapy. It’s a nightmare scenario for the area & the future of the local professional sports teams, which they solely own. I hope they get organized & find any positive aspects from this can, including the team’s performance. 

P.S. It’s been multiple months & we knew taken by ambulance / silence from the top meant something horrible happened. There’s no mystery or surprise, just details revealed & hope for her better health.

What kind of car do you drive?

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

There’s a prayer service this weekend, as some may already be aware.

In connection with publicizing the prayer service, Kim’s dad gave the following quotes to a reporter from TBN:

“Kim Pegula recently told her parents, ‘I’m fighting and I will continue to fight.’

….

‘She’s very determined in what she does,’ he said. ‘You can see that in the therapies she’s doing right now. She is determined to come back to the person that she was.’”

+++

Those quotes seem to differ with this part of Jessie’s Players Tribune essay:

”She gave everyone so much of her time and effort. She lived it and loved it, and it was felt by everyone she met. Now we come to the realization that all of that is most likely gone. That she won’t be able to be that person anymore.”

+++

It doesn’t sound like any Pegulas are attending the service. Terry reportedly gave his blessing to the event. I do hope that they’re all on the same page. As much of a tragedy as something like this is, it could be compounded by dissent within an extended family.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

There’s a prayer service this weekend, as some may already be aware.

In connection with publicizing the prayer service, Kim’s dad gave the following quotes to a reporter from TBN:

“Kim Pegula recently told her parents, ‘I’m fighting and I will continue to fight.’

….

‘She’s very determined in what she does,’ he said. ‘You can see that in the therapies she’s doing right now. She is determined to come back to the person that she was.’”

+++

Those quotes seem to differ with this part of Jessie’s Players Tribune essay:

”She gave everyone so much of her time and effort. She lived it and loved it, and it was felt by everyone she met. Now we come to the realization that all of that is most likely gone. That she won’t be able to be that person anymore.”

+++

It doesn’t sound like any Pegulas are attending the service. Terry reportedly gave his blessing to the event. I do hope that they’re all on the same page. As much of a tragedy as something like this is, it could be compounded by dissent within an extended family.

I don't see that here to be honest

I see a daughter grieving the loss of her mother as she knew her and a mother wanting to fight get back to her previous self which may or may not be impossible. It's akin to my uncle who had a stroke back in January; he's rehabbing to reach his previous self but may never truly return to the same exact person he was prior. I'd guess its much like that for Kim and her family. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Well Jessie's kicking ass in Madrid right now so she definitely will not be there.

• Like (+1) 1

This is terrible, for anyone to go through.  Sorry to the Pegula family.  Prayers are with you. I was vocal about her as a detractor when she was the "Team President."  But, nothing short of support for this tragic situation.  I feel for Terry and their children.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.