3) Comeback Player of the Year  28  53

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit)   21

5) Top Forward  72

6) Team Norris  26

7) Team Vezina   41

Full agreement with the bolded change

1) Team MVP - Okposo

2) Rookie of the Year - Muel

3) Comeback Player of the Year - Olofsson.  Skinner is a good choice, but Olofsson came back from not just Krueger's malfeasance but also an injury that affected his shot.

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit) - Girgs

5) Top Forward - Tage

6) Team Norris - Dahlin

7) Team Vezina - Houser.  He should have gotten more that a casual look with a start like he had.  I'm willing to fight and if necessary die on this hill. 
image.png.a3bcfaf301526e0440a6a458575b498f.png

Edited by Doohickie

18 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

1) Team MVP

2) Rookie of the Year

3) Comeback Player of the Year

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit)

5) Top Forward

6) Team Norris

7) Team Vezina

1. Dahlin.  A case could be made for Tuch or Thompson, but in the end it has to be 26.  (And if P were for "person" rather than "player" might go w/ Granato.)

2. Samuelsson.  No other rookie is close.  Power & Quinn will have an interesting race next season.

3. Skinner.  Believe a strong case could be made for Okposo or a case could be made for Girgensons, but this kid would've had Skinner there at 20 goals.  He's at 30 and counting, has learned how to pass, and most shockingly of all isn't a tire fire in his own end.

4. Okposo.  So many to choose from: Hinostroza, Pysyk, Cozens, Girgensons, Krebs, Mittelstadt, Anderson, & Tokarski; but believe his leadership was a huge piece of getting this team buying in to what Adams & Granato were selling that he gets the edge.

5. Thompson.  But either of his normal linemates or the former Aisle that wears an A deserve consideration as well.

6.  Dahlin.  No contest.

7. Anderson.  Sadly, no contest.  There has to be a different winner next year for this team to continue substantially improving next year & not just because he's gone & the next guy is at the same level/quality.

Should also have 2 additional awards:  Team Selke (best defensive forward) and the Michael Peca Leadership Award.  If people want a 3rd - the Mike Ramsey Award - best defensive D-man, why not.

8.  Okposo.  Edges out Girgensons due to sample size.

9. Tuch.  Edged him out over Okposo, Girgensons, Anderson, Pysyk, Dahlin, Skinner, Cozens, Mittelstadt, & a couple of others.

10.  Samuelsson.  Guy's a beast already.  Hoping Power &/or Dahlin give him a run for his money in a couple of years, but doubt they will.  He's an enormous Mike Ramsey.

• Like (+1) 2

1) Team MVP  … Dahlin

2) Rookie of the Year … is Krebs still considered a rookie? If not, then Samuelsson

3) Comeback Player of the Year … Skinner

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit) … Okposo or Asplund

5) Top Forward … TNT

6) Team Norris … Dahlin

7) Team Vezina … Swiss cheese

1) Team MVP - Dahlin

2) Rookie of the Year - Samuelsson 

3) Comeback Player of the Year - Okposo or Skinner

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit) - Asplund if we're talking on-ice. Okposo if we're talking off-ice.

5) Top Forward - TT

6) Team Norris - Dahlin

7) Team Vezina - Houser, technically. Otherwise it has to be Andy followed by UPL. 

Anderson played 4 games last season and was thinking about retiring.  To comeback and play 30+ games and give us at least decent goaltending is a major accomplishment and imho deserving of some consideration for Comeback player of the year. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1. MVP - Tuch.  The leader we always needed.  Without him we don’t have the late seasons success

2. Rookie - Samuelsson 

3. Comeback - Skinner (Okposo close second)

4. Unsung Hero - Mittelstadt

5. Top Forward - Thompson. Usually there’s a most improved category he’d knock out of the park

6. Team Norris - Dahlin

7: Team Vezina - Anderson, though his wheels are noticeably about to fall off.  I don’t think he could’ve done all 82 games

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

1. MVP - Tuch.  The leader we always needed.  Without him we don’t have the late seasons success

2. Rookie - Samuelsson 

3. Comeback - Skinner (Okposo close second)

4. Unsung Hero - Mittelstadt

5. Top Forward - Thompson. Usually there’s a most improved category he’d knock out of the park

6. Team Norris - Dahlin

7: Team Vezina - Anderson, though his wheels are noticeably about to fall off.  I don’t think he could’ve done all 82 games

Hard not to go with Dahlin, but Tuch has just added so much to this team. Character, skill, and production. So glad he is a Sabre 

MVP - Dahlin - He is the fuel that makes the engine go.

Rookie - Samuelsson, followed by Krebs

Comeback - Anderson - he played only 4 games last year.  Skinner is second

Unsung Hero - Olofsson.  The teams best two parts of the season occurred when he was healthy.  

Top Forward - Thompson - Wow. Just Wow!

Top Defenseman - Dahlin

Top Goalie - Anderson but I gave consideration to UPL for his save% in limited action

MIP - Thompson

Special Award to Tuch and Okposo for excellent on ice play and culture defining leadership.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

1) Team MVP

2) Rookie of the Year

3) Comeback Player of the Year

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit)

5) Top Forward

6) Team Norris

7) Team Vezina

Edit 8.) Most improved player. (I knew I was forgetting something).

1) Team MVP: Rasmus Dahlin

2) Rookie of the Year: Mattias Samuelsson

3) Comeback Player of the Year: Jeff Skinner

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit): Kyle Okposo

5) Top Forward: Jeff Skinner

6) Team Norris: Dahlin

7) Team Vezina: UPL

Edit 8.) Most improved player. (I knew I was forgetting something). Tage Thompson

1) Team MVP Tage

2) Rookie of the Year Samuelson

3) Comeback Player of the Year Skinner

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit) Okposo

5) Top Forward Tage

6) Team Norris Dahlin

7) Team Vezina  Levi

Edit 8.) Most improved player. (I knew I was forgetting something).  Tage

I think I agree with the entire list directly above, except for Vezina going to Anderson, somewhat by default.  Okposo would also be in 2nd for Comeback player, as he's had a great year after several years where his offensive production has been lacking, but Skinner's jump has been even greater.

And I agree with the comment above that Coach Granato has been the true MVP.  He's allowed these guys to become (or re-become) the best versions of themselves.

Edited by msw2112

Also something for fun: Who has the worst plus/minus per game on the team with a minimum 30 GP? For example, if you were a -15 in 36 games your plus/minus per game would be -0.4167 (-15) ÷36. This guy is at -0.61 per game, which is by far the worst on the team. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.