1) Team MVP - Tuch

2) Rookie of the Year - Power 🤷‍♂️

3) Comeback Player of the Year - Okposo

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit) - Asplund

5) Top Forward - Tage

6) Team Norris - Samuelson

7) Team Vezina - Anderson

Edit 8.) Most improved player. (I knew I was forgetting something). - Dahlin

) Team MVP - Should really be Donnie Meatballs. There’s no “I” in team. Without him, there would be no improvement.

2) Rookie of the Year - Muel

3) Comeback Player of the Year - Skinner

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit) - Okposo

5) Top Forward - Tage

6) Team Norris - Dahlin

7) Team Vezina - Anderson

Edit 8.) Most improved player. (I knew I was forgetting something). - Dahlin

2 hours ago, Stads said:

Also something for fun: Who has the worst plus/minus per game on the team with a minimum 30 GP? For example, if you were a -15 in 36 games your plus/minus per game would be -0.4167 (-15) ÷36. This guy is at -0.61 per game, which is by far the worst on the team. 

Dahlin has the worst. 

It's not about games played, it's about toi.

2 hours ago, Stads said:

Jankowski, who should be playing over eakin.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I like Jankowski because he was drafted by Calgary with a pick that Buffalo had as a result of trading away Gaustad, but then Buffalo packaged the pick with a second to trade up to draft Girgensons. Time is a flat circle or something.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Dahlin has the worst. 

It's not about games played, it's about toi.

Jankowski is correct. The player for worst plus/minus per game is -20 with 33 games played

4 minutes ago, Stads said:

Jankowski is correct. The player for worst plus/minus per game is -20 with 33 games played

Don't know who has the worst per game without looking. At only 33 games, Bryson, Fitzgerald or Mitts although I don't it's mittelstadt. 

23 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Don't know who has the worst per game without looking. At only 33 games, Bryson, Fitzgerald or Mitts although I don't it's mittelstadt. 

It's Fitz. I have no clue what to make of plus/minus, but didn't think he would be almost close to Dahlin with so much fewer games played

In some alternate universe where lottery balls may have fell a different way or a better player was selected when available...

1) Team MVP - McDavid (our universe: Eichel)

2) Rookie of the Year - Zegras (Cozens)

3) Comeback Player of the Year - Okposo

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit) - Sergachev (Nylander)

5) Top Forward - Draisaitl (Reinhart)

6) Team Norris - Dahlin

7) Team Vezina - Ullmark

Edited by pi2000
  • Haha (+1) 1

1) Team MVP - Tage

2) Rookie of the Year - Samuelsson 

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit) - Jokiharju

5) Top Forward - Tage

6) Team Norris - Dahlin

7) Team Vezina - Anderson

8.) Most improved player - Tage

9 hours ago, pi2000 said:

In some alternate universe where lottery balls may have fell a different way or a better player was selected when available...

1) Team MVP - McDavid (our universe: Eichel)

2) Rookie of the Year - Zegras (Cozens)

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit) - Sergachev (Nylander)

5) Top Forward - Draisaitl (Reinhart)

6) Team Norris - Dahlin

7) Team Vezina - Ullmark

Welcome to the Twilight Zone

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/20/2022 at 12:14 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

1) Team MVP

2) Rookie of the Year

3) Comeback Player of the Year

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit)

5) Top Forward

6) Team Norris

7) Team Vezina

Edit 8.) Most improved player. (I knew I was forgetting something).

1) Thompson

2) Only have 2 on the roster currently...Fitzgerald and Power.  Since Power only has played a few games by default I would have to say Fitzgerald who has been capable. 

3) Kyle Okposo or Jeff Skinner.  Probably Skinner based on the depths to which he fell under Kreuger. Honorable Mention for Okposo setting new goal high of 20 wih the Sabres and needing 2 points to tie his best year as a Sabre point wise.

4) Vinny Hinostroza. Dude is all over the ice, a pest to other teams on the forecheck and can score when he gets his chances.  12 goals in 58 games, is probably good for 15-18 over a full season and 35-40 points. Really hope they resign him.

5) Tage Thompson. Don't think this is particularly close. Dude has become much watch TV with the puck on his stick in the offensive zone.

6) Rasmus Dahlin.  Since Norris usually goes to the best offensive defenseman this is an easy one. Great turnaround year for him, excited to see how he develops further. I think he has a lot more to give.

7) UPL has to be the choice because the others have been nothing short of dreadful overall.  Did a breakdown in another thread, but basically UPL is near league average metrics wise and had a respectable .917 SV% and 2.74 GAA. His issues is he is among the worst in the NHL at giving up rebounds, needs to work on that to take the next step, which will help all other areas, IMO.  The others rank between 48 and 64th out of 75 qualifying goalies in goals allowed over average metrics combining for over 20 more goals than we should have given up over the year.  So it's UPL by default.

8 ) Okposo.  Dude has actually become a valuable player on the stat sheet this year and a key 2nd unit PP finisher instead of a slug.  For the young kids, I would say Dahlin.  He is showing a lot of promise that he will continue to improve.

EDIT: Since I found out Samuelsson and Krebs are rookies I change #2 to Samuelsson. Krebs is good but Samuelsson has solidified the backend and is tracking towards being a very solid player for us. 

Edited by matter2003

1) Team MVP -- TT by a nose over Dahlin

2) Rookie of the Year -- Samuelsson

3) Comeback Player of the Year -- Skinner by a nose over KO

4) Unsung Hero (player who doesn’t get enough credit) -- Jokiharju, who has enabled both Dahlin and Power to excel

5) Top Forward -- TT

6) Team Norris -- Dahlin

7) Team Vezina -- Anderson

Edit 8.) Most improved player. (I knew I was forgetting something). -- TT

9)  Team Selke -- Nobody has really earned this IMHO.  TT and Tuch have been pretty decent on the PK, so maybe one of them?

10)  Peca Leadership Award -- KO by a nose over Tuch

11)  Ramsey Defensive Defenseman Award -- Samuelsson

12)  Rico Best Winger Award -- Skinner

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.