GDT - Sabres @ Hawks - March 28, 2022 - 8:30 PM (EDT) - MSG-B and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

What an awesome game to wake up to.

I've been trying to figure out what the difference in Dahlin's game has been since the AllStar break, and it's what I had been complaining about for the last couple of years, and the first half of this season (yes, I'm tooting my own horn). He used to skate too pretty, with his feet too close together and his knees not bent. He's either worked with a skating coach or someone got to him cuz his base is so wide right now and it has completely changed his game. His is soooo much stronger on his feet. It's awesome.

Everyone on the team is so strong on the boards as well. They win almost every battle. and if they don't there is a guy there to mop up.

I soooooo want this to be the hockey we get to see in October. Man, is it a joy to watch.

Oh, and I really don't like Jonathon Toews

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I got up last night to pee and saw it was 4-0 with toker in goal,  went to sleep thinking they been coming back a lot lately but 4-0 is too much.

Some lucky bounces with the goals but this team doesn't give up which is nice after 10 years 😛

Only the last goal was a lucky bounce. The other five were earned. And the Sabres were strangling the Hawks in their end in the third. Relentless pressure.

• Like (+1) 3

Sabres sleepwalk through the first 25 minutes of the game and then decided to wake up and play...

Amazing comeback, but it would be nice not to have to do it twice in a row, 2-0 to the Rangers and 4-0 to the Hawks.

I have to admit something is brewing with this team over the last 3-4 weeks and I really really like it.

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Yep, Toker almost gave them the game.

The last goal he allowed was brutal...luckily his counterpart allowed an even more brutal game winner.

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Only the last goal was a lucky bounce. The other five were earned. And the Sabres were strangling the Hawks in their end in the third. Relentless pressure.

Well, the double deflection on the Okposo goal was kinda lucky too

• Like (+1) 1

Me, too… Whenever someone tells me they have a big event or big day planned… I tell them, “Make a memory!”… Think the boys made a great memory last night… Will be recalled many times as inspiration during their playing days… and after they retire… Total Recall

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.