GDT - Sabres @ Hawks - March 28, 2022 - 8:30 PM (EDT) - MSG-B and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

Attached is a link from Sabres.com. Within the link is a 6 min post game interview by Granato (lower right hand corner). The coach is terrific at summarizing the game and players. I thought the comments by Tage post game about the team and its attitude were interesting. If someone already posted the link I apologize for the redundancy. 

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JohnC said:

Attached is a link from Sabres.com. Within the link is a 6 min post game interview by Granato (lower right hand corner). The coach is terrific at summarizing the game and players. I thought the comments by Tage post game about the team and its attitude were interesting. If someone already posted the link I apologize for the redundancy. 

Yeah, they always post the postgame interviews on Sabres.com (which redirects to your link).  If they win I usually watch them when they're posted.  They are the same interviews shown on the postgame show but since ESPN doesn't show that I have to wait until they get posted online.  Go to the menu bar > Video > Latest Videos

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Watching the highlights: What a hound’s breakfast the Sabres’ goals were. 

Granato addressed that in his postgame presser- said that they need to stop being perfect and just do things.  Juggling the lines seemed to trigger that:  Instead of doing that perfect pass to your well-known linemate, they just forced more shots to the net and last night it worked.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, inkman said:

Why?  I harbor no I’ll will toward Jake. Solid guy that left via free agency.  Don’t really care about the Blackhawks either.  🤷‍♂️

I enjoyed it. I harbour no ill will towards Jake either. Also felt nothing for the Chicago tender. We’ve been on that end of too much losing for a decade. Its someone else’s time. Onwards and upwards.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Granato addressed that in his postgame presser- said that they need to stop being perfect and just do things.  Juggling the lines seemed to trigger that:  Instead of doing that perfect pass to your well-known linemate, they just forced more shots to the net and last night it worked.

I just listened to that presser. I should listen to all of them, really. His outlook on hockey - and on life, I infer - is just so good.

I mean - that one Cozens' goal? Hilariously ugly. Push the play. Get it to the net!*

*I do note that, in contrast to the low-risk shots that a guy like Evander Kane would push (and push and push) from non-threatening areas of the ice, that Cozens' shot, while apparently harmless (a mild wrister), was taken from a high-danger area ... and he had to do the work to get there.

39 minutes ago, Stads said:

I have never done cocaine, but I think I experienced a natural version watching that game. I was wired for a few hours afterwards

rick james cocaine GIF

Did you have a funny dripping feeling in the back of your throat or have a 30 minute convo with your significant other about paper clips, have an insatiable urge to fight someone or want to bang every mammal in your house?  

Maybe you had something closer to caffeine buzz…😎

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, inkman said:

Did you have a funny dripping feeling in the back of your throat or have a 30 minute convo with your significant other about paper clips, have an insatiable urge to fight someone or want to bang every mammal in your house?  

Maybe you had something closer to caffeine buzz…😎

I wanted to fight my dog and have sex with a paperclip so pretty close?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I just listened to that presser. I should listen to all of them, really. His outlook on hockey - and on life, I infer - is just so good.

I mean - that one Cozens' goal? Hilariously ugly. Push the play. Get it to the net!*

*I do note that, in contrast to the low-risk shots that a guy like Evander Kane would push (and push and push) from non-threatening areas of the ice, that Cozens' shot, while apparently harmless (a mild wrister), was taken from a high-danger area ... and he had to do the work to get there.

Mitts and Cozens made the same sort of move on their assists.

It has been years since the Sabres tried,much less succeeded at,  bringing the puck into that area.

I used to have a soft spot for Evan rodrigues that nobody else agreed with,simply because he was the only one who played that way (he almost always failed, but with Crosby is putting together a very nice season because of those instincts even with his physical limitations)

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Mitts and Cozens made the same sort of move on their assists.

It has been years since the Sabres tried,much less succeeded at,  bringing the puck into that area.

I used to have a soft spot for Evan rodrigues that nobody else agreed with,simply because he was the only one who played that way (he almost always failed, but with Crosby is putting together a very nice season because of those instincts even with his physical limitations)

Hawks coach Derek King chastised his team hard after the game for trying to make those types of plays — plays he believes his players simply aren't good enough to make. Know you place, play your role, don't take chances.

Sounds a lot like most NHL coaches.

From day one, Don Granato has encouraged his players to try to make those plays. Be fearless. Attack. Push yourself to learn what you are capable of.

More Meatballs please.

• Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.