GDT - Sabres @ Hawks - March 28, 2022 - 8:30 PM (EDT) - MSG-B and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I didn't read all the posts that were made about the game. I was commenting on my observation that is consistent with what you noticed. 

It might have been another thread too.  I post so much I don't remember where I post.  😛

• Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Jävə Keith said:

I'd like to know the last time they came back from down 4 to win in Regulation! Maybe as far back as the 70's???

What an historic win and night for the memory books for our beloved young Swordsmen!

1983.  2-25-1983 to be exact.  Trailing Bos 6-1, the Sabres came back and won 7-6. No OT then.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

1983.  2-25-1983 to be exact.  Trailing Bos 6-1, the Sabres came back and won 7-6. No OT then.

Tokarski might have won the Vezina back in 83. Peeters was a good goalie back then too.😳

Big Dave rocking #29 was wild.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I was at that game with my family growing up. My brother and I were just 6 and 7. He was a Bruins fan so we put a whopping $1 wager on the game.

By the time it was 6-1 he was dancing, gloating, and just being a regular obnoxious 6 year old whose team is winning. As the comeback began, he got more and more quiet until finally the Sabres went ahead.

Being the older brother, I did rub it in quite a bit, mimicking the exact dances and celly's he had been doing when he was ahead. My parents, both Sabres fans were in on it too to some degree as the hole he had dug with each Bruin goal got deeper and deeper.

He has a viscous temper back then... And the water works were flowing hard when the game ended. My parents had to force him to give me the dollar. I want to say he also ripped it so I couldn't have it. 

Great times! I think in another year or so the pain of losing the $1 wore off and the fact he saw such a huge comeback outweighed the fact his team lost. It's a story we both love to tell our kids as well which they think is hilarious.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.