GDT - Sabres @ Hawks - March 28, 2022 - 8:30 PM (EDT) - MSG-B and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

The best thing about this team right now is how much better they can be.

I cannot wait to get Levi, Power, Peterka, and Quinn up here. Not too mention all of the other prospects we have to fill in the gaps that are doing great right now 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

I cannot wait to get Levi, Power, Peterka, and Quinn up here. Not too mention all of the other prospects we have to fill in the gaps that are doing great right now 

Yep. The foundation and examples are being set.

Those players should fit in seamlessly.

20 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

What Granato says about the dangers of chasing perfection and also accepting that one has to work through the inevitable messiness of real life situations has applications well beyond hockey. We're fortunate to have a solid fella who happens to be a pretty damn good coach.

• Like (+1) 6

4 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Looks like a work of art.😀2BF04E39-B248-4E00-9113-D2F45EE65CBD.png

That reminded me of something straight out of the movie Slapshot...I was half waiting for the Hanson brothers to pile over the boards and start wailing on the Sabre players after they scored 😂😂😂

That reminded me of something straight out of the movie Slapshot...I was half waiting for the Hanson brothers to pile over the boards and start wailing on the Sabre players after they scored 😂😂😂

The local paper has a write-up about how last night's game was the 4th (?) biggest comeback in franchise history. 

And the piece clarified that the comeback I had in mind was in 1983, at home against the Bruins. That was a 7-6 victory after trailing by five. Mal Davis with the winner!

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

The local paper has a write-up about how last night's game was the 4th (?) biggest comeback in franchise history. 

And the piece clarified that the comeback I had in mind was in 1983, at home against the Bruins. That was a 7-6 victory after trailing by five. Mal Davis with the winner!

That was during my exile from hockey.  I pretty much missed out on the Sabres for all of the 80s and most of the 90s.  (I was going to college, then raising a young family, in cities far away, pre-internet and pre-Center Ice)

56 minutes ago, Stads said:

It was fun and a nightmare all at the same time. The paperclip gave me a weird look when I got up this morning

This is the last stupid joke I will make regarding cocaine and paperclips. When I saw the paperclip, he looked like this to me:

word everyone GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

The new culture will be in place for them to fit into, they will not be expected to create it or take a leading role. It will also be a new culture that they can join and help it grow. I am excited more and more every day.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

You can say that again. 

And again.

And again.

And again.

And again. 😄

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

You can say that again. 

And again.

And again.

And again.

And again. 😄

Hey, it's not my fault the site on mobile had some snafus! Kept pressing submit reply and it acted like it didn't work, then after I gave up, noticed it actually did work like 5 times...and wouldn't let me edit it to delete the extras 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Hey, it's not my fault the site on mobile had some snafus! Kept pressing submit reply and it acted like it didn't work, then after I gave up, noticed it actually did work like 5 times...and wouldn't let me edit it to delete the extras 😂

It absolutely lets you edit your post. You must be doing something wrong. This happens to me occasionally.

9 hours ago, WildCard said:

Over the last year, I've become a big believer in Kevyn Adams. Finally, we have a GM that's taking the longview and isn't looking for shortcuts. He recognized that this wasn't an overnight rebuild, it's a big job and has really started to go about it meticulously.

I think there were some big errors early in his tenure (eg. Hall/Staal signings), but I now wonder how much of that was Pegula driven. He's now really (almost hyper) focused on obtaining draft capital to build a core from within. I love that he's resisted the urge to call guys like Quinn & Peterka up, opting instead to let them build chemistry on a very good Amerks team. I like that he didn't cave and ship off some of the expirings for late draft picks so that the team, that has spent all year building chemistry, can play out the string and try to win some games, thereby improving culture. A lot of people knocked the return for the Eichel trade, but it's becoming clear it was done with a specific purpose. Tuch is a local guy with leadership qualities that will want to be here. Krebs is a skilled young guy and has bought in totally. I think long haul the Sabres win that trade big.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.