2022-2023 Buffalo Bills Thread

Brawndo

14 hours ago, FogBat said:

Taking all of these things into account leaves me with a very uneasy feeling: either Brandon Beane is very good at what he’s doing, or his bluff will be called when we all least expect it and the whole franchise will crater and implode exponentially worse than when the USFL was awarded a measly $3.

And that whole thing about moving numbers around should have us really concerned since it sounds a lot like Enron.

Nah. There's always a restructure or cut to be made.

Lots of teams are operating in a much more precarious way.

The Bills will be fine. 

The next AB. I'm going on record now that he will flame out spectacularly. 

Greedy ***** wanted off a super team because he wanted a couple million more. 

I don't want that kind of ***** on my team.

10 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

If your Buffalo Bills don't win the Super Bowl  This year you never will.

Wrong

17 minutes ago, Norcal said:

The next AB. I'm going on record now that he will flame out spectacularly. 

Greedy ***** wanted off a super team because he wanted a couple million more. 

I don't want that kind of ***** on my team.

Wrong

Didn't hill have some domestic violence charges against him a few years ago?

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He's had multiple charges. It's the reason he wasn't drafted high and played at a smaller college.

He's on the verge of major punishment from the NFL if he has any further occurrences. 

He's all out of get out of jail free cards. 

9 minutes ago, Norcal said:

He's on the verge of major punishment from the NFL if he has any further occurrences. 

He's all out of get out of jail free cards. 

Didnt he lose it during AFC championship game with his teamates... something about route running and not getting the ball... OBJ2 level sulking?

30 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

FWIW, Joe Buscaglia at the Athletic says the Bills can get out of the Von Miller contract after 3 years at pretty substantial savings, so it’s really just a 3-year commitment.  

It's $7.41 million after 3 years.  If released before 6/1 of that year, it would be a $7.410 million hit in 2025. If released on or after 6/1, it becomes a $3.705 million hit in 2025 and 2026.

25 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Didnt he lose it during AFC championship game with his teamates... something about route running and not getting the ball... OBJ2 level sulking?

Can't imagine that kind of thing will be as tolerated by new teammates he hardly knows.

It all has the feel of a spectacular meltdown coming. 

He got his money. 

41 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

FWIW, Joe Buscaglia at the Athletic says the Bills can get out of the Von Miller contract after 3 years at pretty substantial savings, so it’s really just a 3-year commitment.  

Yeah - that was the sense of things when the agent-driven "6 years $120M  ZOMG" headline gave way to the more sober reality of $51.5M guaranteed over course of first 3 years.

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

He got his money. 

He's not a sympathetic figure, I realize, but, more and more (and more), I begrudge pro athletes not a bit for this sort of approach.

11 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

It's $7.41 million after 3 years.  If released before 6/1 of that year, it would be a $7.410 million hit in 2025. If released on or after 6/1, it becomes a $3.705 million hit in 2025 and 2026.

Thanks.  That's not a bad penalty a-tall.  They'll probably get at least 2 good years out of Von, and maybe 3.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Tyreek and Mahomes were cheat code puzzle pieces. Mahomes' play extension allowed tyreek to shake free pretty much anywhere on the field. Neither player will be quite as good now that they are separate, though both are still elite

Prefer he wasn't in the division but given our issues with the Chiefs I'd rather separate them and deal with their lesser impact individually. The Cheifs will certainly add some more WR though, I wonder if they try for a Seattle WR

49 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

He's not a sympathetic figure, I realize, but, more and more (and more), I begrudge pro athletes not a bit for this sort of approach.

Get your money. No real problem with that.

I'll wait and see now but with his past I just don't expect this to end well. 

• Like (+1) 1