Annual NHL Swap Meet Has Begun - Transactions listed Here! (Trade deadline 03/21/22 @ 3pm ET)

GASabresIUFAN

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Yeah it will. It will allow a couple of them go to Rochester, make a playoff push and hopefully a playoff run which will help long term.

I don’t want to belabour what is not really a huge deal, but keeping Butcher, Pysyk and Miller in Buffalo while sending down Mule Fitzpatrick and Power won’t help the players, and won’t help the Sabres.

8 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Very uninspiring deadline, no salary dumps, no additions, no subtractions other than Hagg. For a bottom feeder team that's hard to swallow, I find it hard to believe there was no market for Eakin or Miller regardless of what the compensation was.

I am in no way surprised that one of the worst teams in the league had trouble unloading their worst players. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I am in no way surprised that one of the worst teams in the league had trouble unloading their worst players. 

Isn't the thought process of playoff teams that they're bad because they're on a bad team? You see these guys picked up all the time. Hell we traded Hagg who is absolutely bad at everything. 

Edited by GoPuckYourself

1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

Feels like we're still on the outside looking in...I guess we'll see what happens in early July next.  The "nothing burger" we got today has no taste.

1 hour ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Totally agree, Miller has to be dealt imo He offers nothing to this group going forward. Hinistroza sure, Anderson I get it but Miller and Eakin? 

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Braun went for a 3rd.  Miller's value has to be around that except Braun cap hit was only 1.8.  

No one wants Eakin.  

I would say that Eakin does, in fact, provide value to the Sabres.  He's been the FO guy in key situations and it has paid off in the 2 OT games and I think there as also an EN goal that came off an Eakin FO win.  To stay on the roster beyond this season he has to provide more than FO  expertise and locker room chemistry, but he'll be here for the rest of the season.  They won't waive him.

57 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Miller will be Owen Powers defensive mate? Not a fan!

Copp traded to Rangers, Mott might be following him.

I'd rather have Bryson playing on his off side with Power than have Miller there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.