Multiple Goat Heads For Jerseys in 2022-23 Season?

Brawndo

29 minutes ago, MattPie said:

The B&G Goat head looks like someone took an overexposed picture of the real one, and then played with the color sliders in their photo editor.

Had mentioned on another site that the version on the T-shirt looks like the white balance on the TV is off and everything bled white.

Pretty sure that was the same thing they did to the new version of the B&R vote as well.  The old one was too "complex" IIRC the criticism/rationale.  Am still planning on getting one (maybe a 25, or possibly going old school w/ a 44 in the colors he should've worn more than just his 1st year or 2 in Buffalo) provided the pattern on the sweater still turns into a buffalo head w/ the arms positioned just right.

Then again, maybe the sweaters logos won't be that washed out after all.

Though for the love of all that's good and holy, why a yellow eye & not a bloodshot one?

Edit:  Upon further review that might just be the shoulder patch from the blue butterknives.

Edited by Taro T
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So the black/red goathead will be the more permanent 3rd, correct? The blue gold reverse retro just for one season? 

“ permanent” 3rds are 3 years minimum for the NHL. Correct me if I’m wrong.

If that’s true… I bet it won’t be any more than 3 years. at that time they’ll dream up some other third jersey so it will be a money maker for the franchise. Pretty much what most NHL clubs do.

51 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Then again, maybe the sweaters logos won't be that washed out after all.

Though for the love of all that's good and holy, why a yellow eye & not a bloodshot one?

Edit:  Upon further review that might just be the shoulder patch from the blue butterknives.

That's not a bad as the T-shirt, I like it better than the Adelphia 90s colors.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Truth is I agree with you.  I never liked this 'goat head' crest.  Seems dumb, but not as dumb as changing the official team colours for the decade too.

Whenever I think about the color change, I remember that the Canucks have had three color schemes and three crests, so it's a 1970 curse or something.

http://m.nhluniforms.com/Canucks/Canucks.html

Edited by MattPie

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Joe Dibiasi, who I otherwise enjoy, just finished pontificating over his love of the Goat head, DESPITE NOT KNOWING IT WAS A BUFFALO HEAD FOR A DECADE!!!  Am I the only one who thinks this is insane?  He said he and his peers thought it was a ***** DRAGON!  So you loved a logo that you thought was a fictional creature not related to Buffalo what so ever because … IT LOOKED COOL?!?  

This goathead thing is gonna be the death of me.  The very proponents for the abomination didn’t even know what they were looking at and that doesn’t even include the dolts, like Art Wander, who thought it was a left facing screaming goat rather than the right facing Buffalo.

FWIW, the blue and gold goat head is the least offensive I’ve seen so far…

Please don’t let this insanity from mr Dibiasi besmirch the reputation of us other goathead enthusiasts.

Does he think that it’s a Pegasus on the the Bills’ helmet?

I like the goathead as a fun 3rd jersey, and I prefer the blue and gold to black and red.

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, inkman said:

Joe Dibiasi, who I otherwise enjoy, just finished pontificating over his love of the Goat head, DESPITE NOT KNOWING IT WAS A BUFFALO HEAD FOR A DECADE!!!  Am I the only one who thinks this is insane?  He said he and his peers thought it was a ***** DRAGON!  So you loved a logo that you thought was a fictional creature not related to Buffalo what so ever because … IT LOOKED COOL?!?  

This goathead thing is gonna be the death of me.  The very proponents for the abomination didn’t even know what they were looking at and that doesn’t even include the dolts, like Art Wander, who thought it was a left facing screaming goat rather than the right facing Buffalo.

FWIW, the blue and gold goat head is the least offensive I’ve seen so far…

I just don’t get it. You’d think it was a magic eye poster, ffs.

And it’s been over two decades.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, LTS said:

So as the third jersey, that means they will be around awhile (seasons) and it also means they are not the reverse retro, is that accurate?

There is a reverse retro coming. Confirmed. "This is our third jersey, it is not our reverse retro!"

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.