GDT - POSTPONED Blue Jackets @ Buffalo - December 20, 2021 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B & WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I did not anticipate the hype Tuch would be getting from this fanbase.  I know someone was trying to get everyone to pump the brakes a bit on Alex. I’m here to do the same.  He’s not a superstar, or a talent like Eichel.  He’s a good player that compliments his teammates.  He may have one of those Steve Bernier debuts where he gets points, hits and maybe even a fight but he’s not the savior.  

I think the Tuch hype that we are seeing is a result of a fan base like ours absolutely starving for anyone to believe in. Plus Tuch being a WNY guy does prop him up a bit, I understand why that happens but also it inflates his impact a bit.

Krebs is the player that we REALLY should be waiting for, he is the key to the Eichel trade and that will not change.

• Like (+1) 2

Jackets only have 3 guys in protocol themselves, but have played 3 straight against teams with issues.

If this had happened last year against New Jersey it might have changed the course of the Sabtes' season.

Then again, Ralph Krueger might still be our coach.

Edited by dudacek

14 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

CBJ 12/23 game postponed per Andrew Peters on Twitter & per M Harrington: The #Sabres game vs. Columbus tonight in KeyBank Center is going to be postponed. Awaiting official word from the teams/NHL.

Sabres officially posted it was postponed 

I am sad to hear the game was cancelled.  

The team has been playing well so I was looking forward to see them keep it going.  Tuch’s debut was a nice side story. 

On Tuch, I think the comparison to Steve Bernie is low, his play with a Vegas was already past that level.  He is not an All Star or a fighter. He is a big forward that plays a hard honest game and can score and play with physical presence.  Something we need.   The fact that he wants to play here is refreshing. 

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I am sad to hear the game was cancelled.  

The team has been playing well so I was looking forward to see them keep it going.  Tuch’s debut was a nice side story. 

On Tuch, I think the comparison to Steve Bernie is low, his play with a Vegas was already past that level.  He is not an All Star or a fighter. He is a big forward that plays a hard honest game and can score and play with physical presence.  Something we need.   The fact that he wants to play here is refreshing. 

I only cited Bernier as his debut was spectacular.  His career, not so much.  I was not camparing them as players. Gotta watch what you say in a public forum I guess 

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yes because we all know the NHL is all about keeping Buffalo at a competitive disadvantage.  

Don't believe the BJs care about the Sabres competitive advantages nor disadvantages, but they're right in the mix w/ Detroit & the B's for the last WC.  Losing 2 to a bottom feeder like the Sabres could put a serious crimp into that playoff drive.  Get that no morning skates was the league's idea.  Expecting not flying last night was Columbus' & not necessarily for as virtuous a reason as they'll claim.

Realize it's a cynical take, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily wrong.  (Doesn't necessarily mean it's right either.)

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Jackets only have 3 guys in protocol themselves, but have played 3 straight against teams with issues.

If this had happened last year against New Jersey it might have changed the course of the Sabtes' season.

Then again, Ralph Krueger might still be our coach.

I knew there was a silver lining from COVID.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.