GDT - Sabres @ Penguins - December 17, 2021 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - MSG-B / SN and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

That was a hell of a character point there. This team is everything Krueger tried to tell us his team was but could never get them to be.

Hats off to Subban, hell of a game.

Fitz was inspired tonight, hope he gets a long look.

Dahlin is starting to consistently impact games.

Don’t know how long Mitts is out for but him and Tuch anchoring another line would be very nice in the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was happy with the tie, until we tied it. Then I wanted the 2nd point. I just can’t stand Pittsburgh. 

This team got outshot and probably beat in all the fancy stats too.  But they played hard to the end and it is more than a moral victory.  I think they are showing some balls finally. 

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You don't have to shift when you're just playing catch from point to half wall. Unless the point guy is going to attack, teams just have to watch us pass and stay in the lane. 

Why was Eakin even out there? Because back to back games. 

I could be wrong, but I think that the bolded is incorrect. Eakin has played in other OT games this season, Krueger and it seems Granato as well likes to have him out for a better chance on the face offs in OT. Kinda backfired here though.

51 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Let’s be honest, we were outplayed majority of this game. Credit to the guys for not giving up and getting to OT. 

Actually only the first period. We hung with them the next two, and cave back from two down. Considering I thought we'd get run over tonight, I'll take this gladly.

6 points out right now.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

I could be wrong, but I think that the bolded is incorrect. Eakin has played in other OT games this season, Krueger and it seems Granato as well likes to have him out for a better chance on the face offs in OT. Kinda backfired here though.

Not that your are saying this but, if they are keeping eakin in because he wins faceoffs... Holy crap do they need a strategy update. 

His faceoffs% is only 57

Edited by LGR4GM

46 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You don't have to shift when you're just playing catch from point to half wall. Unless the point guy is going to attack, teams just have to watch us pass and stay in the lane. 

Why was Eakin even out there? Because back to back games. 

Eakin is out there because he’s their best face off guy. So if he wins the draw he goes off for a more skilled player. They really need one of their top centers to get better on face offs.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Eakin is out there because he’s their best face off guy. So if he wins the draw he goes off for a more skilled player. They really need one of their top centers to get better on face offs.

This is true. Cozens and Thompson both have to get a lot better at draws.  (not that face offs matter of course :0)

27 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Dahlin showing confidence and seems calmer. Have to see if it holds up to the tight checking physical teams but still, big positives for the moment. 

Two things I hated in this game. The refs, who I think are Crosby fans, and listening to the Pittsburgh announcers rave about E-Rod. Dude has 10 goals wtf? I guess you can put anybody on Crosby's wing and they will have career years. (probably not Taylor Hall, but anybody else ) 

I really think (hope) we see a tail of two halves of the season. First half is uncomfortable and unsure Dahlin learning to be confident and trust his skill again. Second half is deployment of that skill and minimizing the mistakes (he takes risks so some of them wont work). 

The Pitt announcers were trash and I moved over to the home feed after the first period. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.