GDT - Sabres @ Penguins - December 17, 2021 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - MSG-B / SN and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

MAKE IT 3!!

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

The Sabres lucky charm, our very own @Thorny, better be in the house.

UPL!!  UPL!! UPL!!

Is that Sports Net Canada?????

And why are only Ghosts starting these things?

Edited by The Ghost of Doohickie
more goodly TV info added
  • Like (+1) 3

• Sabres Fan in NS changed the title to GDT - Sabres @ Penguins - December 17, 2021 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - MSG-B / SN and WGR
  • nfreeman pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Alright Malcolm.  You’re up.  Wanna keep your NHL career going?  Here’s your shot.  

Has there been an announcement?

I would play UPL until he cools off.  Back to back be damned.  He's in good shape and young and strong like bull.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Has there been an announcement?

I would play UPL until he cools off.  Back to back be damned.  He's in good shape and young and strong like bull.

No announcement to my knowledge -- it just seems logical with 3 games in 4 nights, late travel last night, losing an hour with the time zone change, etc.

Besides, the Sabres are a juggernaut now!  It seems only fair to give the Penguins a bit of an easier night with Malcolm in the middle.

Separately, I think Vinnie H. might be their best forward right now.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

No announcement to my knowledge -- it just seems logical with 3 games in 4 nights, late travel last night, losing an hour with the time zone change, etc.

Besides, the Sabres are a juggernaut now!  It seems only fair to give the Penguins a bit of an easier night with Malcolm in the middle.

Separately, I think Vinnie H. might be their best forward right now.

I'm still pulling for Okposo with that but Vinnie has been surprisingly useful the last stretch here. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sidenote on Okposo. He is on pace for 54points which would be the most he's had since becoming a Sabres although it would not be his best ppg. 

The Sabres have had their ups and downs this season, obviously so. But throughout this season there has been no player who has been as consistently good as he has been. In good and bad games he is always working and grinding. And as you indicate his offense has increased much of it due to his effort. It appears that his style of play has positively influenced Cozens. Okposo's stats don't reveal how important he is to this team. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

The Sabres have had their ups and downs this season, obviously so. But throughout this season there has been no player who has been as consistently good as he has been. In good and bad games he is always working and grinding. And as you indicate his offense has increased much of it due to his effort. It appears that his style of play has positively influenced Cozens. Okposo's stats don't reveal how important he is to this team. 

I've been saying that for years.

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

I won’t give shittsburgh the clicks.  I hate the Steelers and their fans so much, I don’t want any algorithms thinking I am concerned about what happens in that city.  Hope it all falls into a hole in the Earth.  ***** them, their teams and their city. 

Thought I’d put this in the proper thread 

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

2500 years is a long time to hold onto your anger.

I was there, Darth. I was there - 3000 years ago. I was there, when the strength of the buffalo-men failed. For a long time, we were scattered, divided, leaderless.

But it is in the new buffalo-men that we must place our hope.

Edited by Thorny
celebrate the 20th anniversary of the lord of the rings trilogy, this sunday.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

I knew who.  I just can’t keep straight what all the kids are hating on these days.  I thought all our hate was still directed at Carolina because they, get this, beat the Sabres in the playoffs.  

I'm just here trying to make jokes

it's an humble existence but I make a living 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.