Sabres Sign Mark Jankowski to a One Year 750k Deal, Artuu Ruotsalainen has been loaned to Rochester

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Sign Mark Jankowski, Artuu to Rochester
  • Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Sign Mark Jankowski to a One Year 750k Deal, Artuu Ruotsalainen has been loaned to Rochester
14 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I had high hopes for R2 at the end of last season. Too bad he hasn’t been effective this year. 

The opening night top line was Skinner-Mitts-Hinostroza. I thought for sure Ruotsalainen would supplant Hino and have maybe the most surprising year of all our forwards.

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

Jankowski part of a trade package for a goalie (E3)

If going that route, it'd be more likely to be Eakin. He's been having a solid season this year. Plus his salary is larger, so we'd have to shed that to remain efficient and economical. Effectiveness may vary.

Overall though, I like the move. Get a bottom 6 center in the lineup. Push Girgensons back to the wing where he's been better throughout his career. And let R2 play minutes rather than languish in the press box if we're going to skate Hayden instead of him.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I expect he will be highly motivated; this could be his last shot at the NHL.  (He has 253 NHL games so far, and has played most of three seasons with Calgary before signing with Pittsburgh last year.)

I think it's a ploy to get the Polish population of Buffalo back to the KBC, you betcher dupah!

Polish Power!!! 🍺🍺🍺

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Jankowski has played well from what I’ve seen in Rochester - he’s big and fast and a bit of a dick (in a good way).

I don’t expect big things, but I do expect he can replace the Drake and be a better fit in the bottom 6 than R2.

Hope R2 rediscovers his offence in Rochester. To my mind he’s looked overmatched this year in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Ghost of Yuri said:

He's been playing very well in Rochester actually.  He's got 4 NHL seasons under his belt, no reason to think he's washed up.

I’m quite certain this is an attempt at humor where some other older non-hockey player is being reference by PA.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.