GDT - Sabres @ Ducks - 10/28/2021 - 10:00 PM EDT

Sabres Fan in NS

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Is this game only on ESPN+?  I ended up re-subscribing to it as Cuse was on last night and I figured between Sabres and Cuse, I’d get my money worth pretty quickly.  

It will be on ESPN+ for people outside of the Sabres home market.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Actually it is on ESPN+. The games @bob_sauve28 listed are exclusives and not on MSG. The only games that won't be on ESPN+ are two TNT games, and those are late in the season.

But for viewers in the Buffalo home market it's blacked out on ESPN+ I believe.

I'm almost 57.  I will have this on the radio when I go to sleep.  Kind of like I used to do as a child -- except that Ted and Rick were so far out of Dunleavy's league as announcers that he might put me to sleep.  Heck, when Nixon had the wage and price freeze due to OPEC's oil embargo (speed limits cut to 50 nationwide before being upped to 55; year-around daylight savings time, etc.), there was a game in Vancouver which started at midnight.  I was up for even that one.  (OK, I set my alarm clock to go off at 12.  I fell back asleep about 3am.)  My parents were not amused at how sleepy I was the next morning.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I'm almost 57.  I will have this on the radio when I go to sleep.  Kind of like I used to do as a child -- except that Ted and Rick were so far out of Dunleavy's league as announcers that he might put me to sleep.  Heck, when Nixon had the wage and price freeze due to OPEC's oil embargo (speed limits cut to 50 nationwide before being upped to 55; year-around daylight savings time, etc.), there was a game in Vancouver which started at midnight.  I was up for even that one.  (OK, I set my alarm clock to go off at 12.  I fell back asleep about 3am.)  My parents were not amused at how sleepy I was the next morning.

I remember as a kid (late 70's) getting up and running to the drug store to buy a morning paper to see if the Sabres beat the LA Kings. They did. Like 6-1 and Gilbert had a really good game, if I remember correctly. Times have sure changed 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

It never ceases to amaze me how much we all went to different schools together as kids. 

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I remember as a kid (late 70's) getting up and running to the drug store to buy a morning paper to see if the Sabres beat the LA Kings. They did. Like 6-1 and Gilbert had a really good game, if I remember correctly. Times have sure changed 

When did the Courier Express EVER have the late scores in it?  Deadline was almost always too early for them to be included.  

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

It will be on ESPN+ for people outside of the Sabres home market.

But for viewers in the Buffalo home market it's blacked out on ESPN+ I believe.

ESPN+ is definitely blacked out when in-market and Sabres games are on MSG. I checked (and keep checking) because I get better picture quality and features on ESPN+ vs Spectrum. 

Edit: I should note, I watch through the Hulu app and not the ESPN app.  Not sure if that makes a difference...

Edited by SHAAAUGHT!!!

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Plus with Ray talking during the action you'll miss everything anyway. Is he aware it's simulcast on radio because he doesn't shut up while play is going on.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Just turned 60 and vividly recall the transistor radio hanging on my bedpost with an earplug for west coast games - Kings, Seals, and "Nucks back then

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

Plus with Ray talking during the action you'll miss everything anyway. Is he aware it's simulcast on radio because he doesn't shut up while play is going on.

I don’t think either of them consider the radio broadcast during the game.  All about TV. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.