Mittelstadt and Jokiharju Out for ~2 Weeks (Edit: ~2 Months?!)

That Aud Smell

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Nice idea, but where did you get it from?

One of DG's teambuilding exercises, coupled with his Italian heritage.  #SabresMafia

Marlon Brando Movie GIF

Edited by Doohickie
I got it from where I get all my scoops: Made up out of thin air.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

This is actually kind of funny considering how we were agonizing about which players would be sent to Rochester.  There are a few that are ripe to be called up.  I'm not worried.... yet.

I heard he's already partying in Boston with some guy named John.

Im not surprised, considering that Mitts is already dating a Broin. 

• 4 weeks later...

Mittelstadt (upper body) remains without a definite timetable for his return to action, Lance Lysowski of The Buffalo News reports.

Mittelstadt can be considered out indefinitely with his upper-body injury. The 22-year-old forward has gone scoreless through one game this campaign.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/sabres-casey-mittelstadt-no-timeline-for-return/

Could not find anything on Henri J

• Sad 2

How do these injuries first diagnosed as day-to-day end up with players out weeks?  Months?  Are they diagnosing them wrong out of the gate?  Are Sabres slow healers? 

This is the worst aspect of the Sabres to me, not just the injuries but the injuries to key players.  I think you put Mitts and VO back on this roster and we're not looking near as bad as the current dip.

• Like (+1) 2

• That Aud Smell changed the title to Mittelstadt and Jokiharju Out for ~2 Weeks (Edit: ~2 Months?!)
15 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

How do these injuries first diagnosed as day-to-day end up with players out weeks?  Months?  Are they diagnosing them wrong out of the gate?  Are Sabres slow healers? 

This is the worst aspect of the Sabres to me, not just the injuries but the injuries to key players.  I think you put Mitts and VO back on this roster and we're not looking near as bad as the current dip.

The most likely explanation, to me, is that there are problems (flaws) with the timetables being offered by the team's physicians. And maybe that indicates that the diagnoses aren't always initially accurate, but maybe not -- maybe the estimated lengths of absence are just out of wack.

• Like (+1) 1

I also think the fact they aren’t more clear feeds the perception.

Olofsson - “it’s just a precaution - soft tissue thing. We’ll see how he feels tonight.” That doesn’t really say anything, but it feeds the perception he’ not going to miss anything significant. 

Similar with Anderson.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Olofsson - “it’s just a precaution - soft tissue thing. We’ll see how he feels tonight.” That doesn’t really say anything, but it feeds the perception he’ not going to miss anything significant. 

Similar with Anderson.

Yeah, even in the team's (Granato's) statements about the injuries, they make it sound like there won't be a long absence, if any, and then they're out for weeks and weeks.  It's frustrating.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Agree with you. They've always been really weird with this, way weirder than the Jets over here and the other teams I've looked into. 

Someone got fired over Lehner, right? I feel like the team has been sketchy (protective?) with the injuries since. They do commonly call things "maintenance days" which quickly evolve into even long term injuries. 

I might trust Kevyn Adams to piece it all together but I actually am fairly skeptical of the medical staff and have been for a long time on a base level.

34 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Similar with Anderson.

Remember Ralph Krueger? "Jack isn't injured". 

This team is weird with injuries. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It’s weird because these players aren’t hyped, but we’ve got some key injuries right now.

Our leading scorer, our 1C, or 1 RHD and our starting goalie?

Aside from potentially VO, where we benefit is that the drop off to the next guy isn't steep imo. 

Injuries can never be an excuse, PARTICULARLY with this team which has no excuse not to game plan for the certainty of those injuries arising considering recent history. If a few injuries *do* derail a team, it's a depth issue. 

We shifted a RWer to camp to play C. Anderson is FOURTY. We have two right shot D on the roster. They were never going to be able to "withstand" injuries this year

They weren't built to. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Similar with Anderson.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Yeah, even in the team's (Granato's) statements about the injuries, they make it sound like there won't be a long absence, if any, and then they're out for weeks and weeks.  It's frustrating.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

It’s weird because these players aren’t hyped, but we’ve got some key injuries right now.

Shadow tank?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Any player that willingly sat out longer than they needed to, to help their team lose, isn't a player of the type of character we need to make this build work. 

Then again, Jack playing *through* a busted rib last season doesn't count as a mark of strong character, so what do i know

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Shadow tank?

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Any player that willingly sat out longer than they needed to, to help their team lose, isn't a player of the type of character we need to make this build work. 

Then again, Jack playing *through* a busted rib last season doesn't count as a mark of strong character, so what do i know

I wasn’t thinking of a player choosing to sit out, rather delayed clearance to return to play.

And it was a half in jest remark.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Slightly off topic, but aren’t the players and the teams that employ them sick of wrist injuries to key players.  

It’s long past for the NHL to crack down on the stick fouls.  It’s also time to get better equipment.  When I played the gloves ran further up the wrist.  Today’s do little to protect that area.  Maybe’s it time to extend the glove or develop a strap on wrist protector. 

We have lost our top forward for months because of a cheap play that wasn’t even but should have been called a penalty.  It’s just another example of  more NHL BS.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 4

On 11/10/2021 at 9:30 AM, dudacek said:

Yeah - and nowhere near the depth to account for it.

27 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Slightly off topic, but aren’t the players and the teams that employ them sick of wrist injuries to key players.  

It’s long past for the NHL to crack down on the stick fouls.  It’s also time to get better equipment.  When I played the gloves ran further up the wrist.  Today’s do little to protect that area.  Maybe’s it time to extend the glove or develop a strap on wrist protector. 

We have lost our top forward for months because of a cheap play that wasn’t even but should have been called a penalty.  It’s just another example of  more NHL BS.

I think they're trying to crack down on - headshots and fights.  As those are the career killers and cause all the concussions.  

And they do a crappy job even cracking down on that.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.